New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There were several youth matches held at WHL which got 10,000 to 20,000 such as a couple in the now defunct NextGen tournament foir u19's. One of these was I think v Barcleona.

So I think a match v good opposition, maybe an NLD, at NWHL would get 20,000,

But agree those held at training ground only get a few hundred

I went to those. With the 1882 in full voice.
The west stand and I think south lower had people in them.

Nowhere near 10k. Maybe 3-5k tops.
Definitely not 20k.

Ladies would have same appeal if they get thousands going (I have no idea on their attendances).

An announcement of the first fixture being palace or Brighton would give us such a boost and in reality bring more energy (and prob fans!) to the remaining Wembley games

Last edited:
I on the other hand have always been sceptical of the timescales because I have eyes. But if sceptics post they get battered as non believers.

You and I and a few others have always been sceptical that it'll be this season, more and more have joined us on this bus since we set off. You fancy pushing the envelope and saying it won't be ready for the start of the next?

Always good to stay ahead of the curve. Where we lead, others follow

:levylol:

Last edited:
One of my favourite photos this one.

DyUdc-HX0AAVQCU.jpg
It's the puddle of water what makes it.

I don't understand why people think there wouldn't be 20,000 at a test event for the women's team or the U23s.
6,000 fans turned up to just have a nose about when nothing was going on and that number could have been a lot more.

I don't understand why people think there wouldn't be 20,000 at a test event for the women's team or the U23s.
6,000 fans turned up to just have a nose about when nothing was going on and that number could have been a lot more.

I’m 100% with you. My only worry is the notice period. If it is next weekend that’d be risky maybe.

Im not a season ticket holder or a fully pledged member, but i would jump at the chance to go to a test event game to a proper gander at the new WHL stadium. Spurs will sell out the first load of games for a while before i could get the chance to go to a league game (maybe a pre-season friendly.....)

There must be thousands of Spurs suppors like me itching to have a look inside and see how amazing the new WHL stadium is. Then we have prematch routine of going to Tottenham pub AGAIN, i have always drank at No.8 Tottenham as the atmosphere i found to be good before a game.

You and I and a few others have always been sceptical that it'll be this season, more and more have joined us on this bus since we set off. You fancy pushing the envelope and saying it won't be ready for the start of the next?

Always good to stay ahead of the curve. Where we lead, others follow

:levylol:
I actually went to the stadium tonight and its amazing. Still not quite finnished but it's really close. We just need the test events to be announced. The club needs to tell us what happening staff were tight lipped at the event. Went for a pint in the antwept afterwards it was good to walk the old Manor

DSC-0055.jpg

I actually went to the stadium tonight and its amazing. Still not quite finnished but it's really close. We just need the test events to be announced. The club needs to tell us what happening staff were tight lipped at the event. Went for a pint in the antwept afterwards it was good to walk the old Manor

DSC-0055.jpg
Seriously, what were you doing there, if you can say?

My invented friend (whose company finished all their work last week or so) said that the East Stand still looked like it needed a lot of work, but as I say that was a week-10 days ago

Seriously, what were you doing there, if you can say?

My invented friend (whose company finished all their work last week or so) said that the East Stand still looked like it needed a lot of work, but as I say that was a week-10 days ago
It was corporate seats walk around i was invited via a mate. It not complete but it is getting there though

Looks like I do actually get out of my basement hey BangkokSpud BangkokSpud

I went to those. With the 1882 in full voice.
The west stand and I think south lower had people in them.

Nowhere near 10k. Maybe 3-5k tops.
Definitely not 20k.

Ladies would have same appeal if they get thousands going (I have no idea on their attendances).

We are both mis-remembering 8.850 spectators for Spurs v Barcelona in Next Gen Tournament in 2012/13
2012–13 NextGen Series - Wikipedia

With the added attraction on NWHL versus interesting opposition , and possibly a weekend match at say £10/ticket I think we'd get 20,000.

We are both mis-remembering 8.850 spectators for Spurs v Barcelona in Next Gen Tournament in 2012/13
2012–13 NextGen Series - Wikipedia

With the added attraction on NWHL versus interesting opposition , and possibly a weekend match at say £10/ticket I think we'd get 20,000.

Yeah I was probably a bit fucked - found my “match review”

14 Sep 2012
Sat in block 15 last season and was the most boring season of my spurs supporting life. The irony was then going back there tonight having sworn to myself I would never step foot in the west lower again.

Brilliant time, if only that could be the atmosphere at every home game.

Well done to all involved, you are all why I love tottenham hotspur fc. :bow:

"You're just a shit crystal palace"......

If it’s next weekend, & there are freely available tickets for members & guests, there will be at least 6 northerners there. Truth.
Couldn’t give a fuck if they were playing billiards there. Can’t wait to see the place on the inside.

DSC-0055.jpg

Looks absolutely incredible.

Do we need West Brom to beat Brighton tonight in the FA Cup so that we can announce the Brighton game (FA Cup Semi Final weekend) as the opening date?

Do we need West Brom to beat Brighton tonight in the FA Cup so that we can announce the Brighton game (FA Cup Semi Final weekend) as the opening date?
Not sure how it will work out but wouldn't it give them more time to get it ready if palace and Brighton get through?
Would mean more night games tho

Back
Top Bottom