New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Tottenham regeneration update

Spurs acquired 500 White Hart Lane and got planning permission for industrial premises to offer Archway Steel as part of a deal (with £m's) to persuade them to move to allow that stadium to be built. Archway decided to reject Spurs offer, and Spurs then obtained planning permission to build flats on 500 White Hart Lane.

Spurs partnered with Fairview Homes to build the flats which are now for sale

Tottenham regeneration update

Spurs acquired 500 White Hart Lane and got planning permission for industrial premises to offer Archway Steel as part of a deal (with £m's) to persuade them to move to allow that stadium to be built. Archway decided to reject Spurs offer, and Spurs then obtained planning permission to build flats on 500 White Hart Lane.

Spurs partnered with Fairview Homes to build the flats which are now for sale

Might buy two, seems cheap enough.

The bloke who sits next to me in the other new seat from the original 'expansion' had 109 points as a member. I think the whole thing (both windows) has been done similar to a lottery.
Ok, cheers.
Ive got more pts than that but he has probably had a membership longer maybe?

Ok, cheers.
Ive got more pts than that but he has probably had a membership longer maybe?
Season tickets are usually allocated based on position in the queue and not points. I suspect the same queue position will apply but only those who have shown interest will be contacted in order.

Just had an email for my boy saying he’s eligible to buy a season ticket for the last 5 home league games after wolves. Go on sale tomorrow morning but no concessions available which is frustrating!

Interesting, seems to be alot of tickets left on exchanges and what not. I demand is going down as its bloody expensive.
55,000 for a cold midweek FA Cup replay, beating the previous 4th round record of 52,736 in 1973 (v Derby I was there we we're cruising 3-1 up and somehow we lost 5-3 aet feckin freezing) would probably suggest you're wrong about demand ....

55,000 for a cold midweek FA Cup replay, beating the previous 4th round record of 52,736 in 1973 (v Derby I was there we we're cruising 3-1 up and somehow we lost 5-3 aet feckin freezing) would probably suggest you're wrong about demand ....

Was talking about the league. Not suprised the cup games have good take up. 25 quid is good value nowdays. Its all about price. Alot of people cant afford to go anymore.

Was talking about the league. Not suprised the cup games have good take up. 25 quid is good value nowdays. Its all about price. Alot of people cant afford to go anymore.
That is the crushing reality of modern top flight football, it's for rich men or incredibly dedicated fans only, the truth is there are more than enough people in London who can chuck 1,500 quid at a season ticket, you say it's expensive but it's all relative, if you earn 250k a year and have a 30k expense account then it's little more than pocket change ... cheap cup games are pretty much the only option for fans with lesser means, so unless the football market implodes that's not going to change. Supply and demand will dictate the price.

Football hasn't been 'cheap' for a very long time, some of us just have even longer memories.

That is the crushing reality of modern top flight football, it's for rich men or incredibly dedicated fans only, the truth is there are more than enough people in London who can chuck 1,500 quid at a season ticket, you say it's expensive but it's all relative, if you earn 250k a year and have a 30k expense account then it's little more than pocket change ... cheap cup games are pretty much the only option for fans with lesser means, so unless the football market implodes that's not going to change. Supply and demand will dictate the price.

Football hasn't been 'cheap' for a very long time, some of us just have even longer memories.

I suppose so. I mean people in the 60-70k wage bracket find it expensive now. If there is lots of people on 100k plus that are happy to pay 70-90 quid to watch football then so be it.

I suppose so. I mean people in the 60-70k wage bracket find it expensive now. If there is lots of people on 100k plus that are happy to pay 70-90 quid to watch football then so be it.
The working mans game.....

Like most on here I know a few that never go anymore, regulars back in the eighties and nineties, either priced out or refuse to pay the prices. I pick and choose my games and it's mostly down to my son wanting to go, I am resentful paying the prices though.

there are more than enough people in London who can chuck 1,500 quid at a season ticket
Whilst that statement is true I think the sentiment behind it is flawed.
The fact is the club have to cast their net far and wide to find the people who are willing to chuck £1,500 at a season ticket. For example, I had been a member for less than a year when I got offered the chance to buy a season ticket, I took it up from my home in leafy Norfolk. That would suggest that the demand from London is possibly near saturation?

I hope there is enough demand to keep the place full in the longer term, but those who wanted to be at the opening, see the new stadium, get a ST after years on the list etc. may well decide that 20+ trips to London, many at inconvenient times with not the best transport links becomes a bit tedious after a while.

The fact is the club have to cast their net far and wide to find the people who are willing to chuck £1,500 at a season ticket. For example, I had been a member for less than a year when I got offered the chance to buy a season ticket, I took it up from my home in leafy Norfolk. That would suggest that the demand from London is possibly near saturation?

I hope there is enough demand to keep the place full in the longer term, but those who wanted to be at the opening, see the new stadium, get a ST after years on the list etc. may well decide that 20+ trips to London, many at inconvenient times with not the best transport links becomes a bit tedious after a while.

They will always sell out at the right price. I mean look at west ham.

But im a little sceptical at current prices in the long run. If the team is challenging it shouldnt be a problem though. But another few years of transition and it will be

when was that?

Ive been on the list for years and years, maybe 10, and would take one if ever offered, closest I’ve come is these new ones (in the new seats) that came up this year for which I entered the ballot and didn’t win.

Just be like Woolwich in a few years time (and the london housing market).

People will buy and not go. The club has their money. Do we really think they care about the atmosphere that much?? 1882 in the South stand would suggest not that much.

I also reference the london housing market because plenty of flats get sold and left empty. Flats that most Londoners just couldn’t afford in the first place.

Supply and demand does dictate people with money can afford to leave their seats empty.

So when the chance comes to go to Spurs with a family of 4 for £50 you would actually expect it to sell out with our 250k members and 100k+ waiting list. (Seeing Soton had 6k of the 55k there the other night).

when was that?

Ive been on the list for years and years, maybe 10, and would take one if ever offered, closest I’ve come is these new ones (in the new seats) that came up this year for which I entered the ballot and didn’t win.
Try the site at 11am! Had an email for my lad last night saying season tickets to go on sale first come first served at 11 this morning for the last 5 home games left after wolves :mourthumb:

when was that?

Last year. My nephew got offered an ST. He was 38k on the list at the time.

If you have had a waiting list membership for years and years you would have been offered an ST.

We both joined the waiting list for the Gent game at Wembley in Feb 2017. I hadn’t even bothered getting a membership after I gave up my ST circa 2012. Just borrowed others STs.

And then I got a ST for Wembley in the summer of 2017. After being on the list for a few months!!!

So you must have been offered at some point.

Back
Top Bottom