New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Been doing some catching up on the TV, just watched a Richard Hammond programme on Discovery "Big". The two that I watched were about a VW super garage and a Massive Dam in Austria.
Noticed in the titles that the Cockerel from the new stadium was shown.
Anybody have any info? Have had a quick look, but, all the future episodes on IMDB don't have any write ups.

My block is being given to Norwich fans for the FA Cup game. I am on gold membership so cup ticket payments get taken automatically. As I need to relocate my seat does anyone know if they automatically relocate you and take the money or would I get the choice to pick my seat and pay the £25 during that sales window. Not sure if anyone on hear has been in that situation for Southampton game or CL games?

My block is being given to Norwich fans for the FA Cup game. I am on gold membership so cup ticket payments get taken automatically. As I need to relocate my seat does anyone know if they automatically relocate you and take the money or would I get the choice to pick my seat and pay the £25 during that sales window. Not sure if anyone on hear has been in that situation for Southampton game or CL games?
Good question. Let us know the outcome. We're in Block 111 - so just outside the lower tier border.

Season Ticket Holders in blocks 420-424 and 515-519, along with a small number in blocks 112, 419, 514 and 520, will need to be relocated for this fixture due to an increased away cup allocation. Supporters in these areas will be able to purchase from available seats elsewhere in the stadium from 10am on Monday 17 February.

You get first go at any available seats but you have to book them I think, ring the ticket office they are pretty good at sorting these things out.

Spurs led Tottenham Redevelopment Update.

1. On Monday 10 February the following proposal goes before Planning Committee for discussion, prior to a formal planning application being made. The areas are close to Lillywhite House

PRE/2019/0212 - (a) NORTHUMBERLAND TERRACE (NOS. 790 TO 794 AND NOS. 798 TO 808 HIGH ROAD, N17) AND LAND TO THE REAR AND (b) NO. 807 HIGH ROAD N17 PDF 112 KB
Proposal: The majority of the proposed development would be on the east side of the High Road. However, the redevelopment of No. 807 on the west side of the road would facilitate the relocation of the Co-operative Funeral Care business and potentially the existing dentist surgery, which are currently at No. 806 and 802 High Road respectively.

East side of the High Road (Northern Terrace and land to rear)
(a) Erection of a new four storey building to the west of Lilywhite House for flexible A1/A2/A3/B1/D1/D2 use, including the demolition of the locally listed rear extension to No. 814 High Road, and new hard/soft landscaping works; (b) Internal and external repairs, enhancements and minor alterations to the statutory and locally listed buildings along the High Road to facilitate their meaningful future reuse for a flexible range of uses within the A1/A2/A3/B1/D1/D2 use classes; and (c) the demolition of rear extensions to Nos. 798, 800/802, 804/806 and 808 High Road and the erection of new rear extensions to Nos. 800/802 and 804/806 and 808 High Road.

West side of the High Road (No. 807)
(b) Redevelopment of No. 807 High Road to provide a four-storey building comprising retail (A1) on the ground floor, a business/dentist surgery on the first floor (B1/D1) and two dwellings (C3) on the upper floors. There would be a second four-storey building at the rear, joined by a covered parking area with a landscaped courtyard on top, to provide seven dwellings (C3). There would be nine dwellings in total.
Additional documents:
2. The proposal for 300 odd flats etc on 867-879highroad.co.uk is said by Haringey Planning Department will go to the March meeting of Planning Committee

Planning portal here. The application reference number is HGY/2019/2929.

This looks very similar to The Goods Yard scheme which Haringey chose not to make a decision on, Spurs appealed against their decision not make a decision, and were subsequently awarded planning permission.

Interesting to see how that goes - both 867-869 High Road and The Goods Yard form part of High Road West where Haringey Council and its partner Lendlease are trying to put together a rival plan encompassing the whole of High Road West, which seems like a conflict of interest where they award planning permission.

The council led High Road West scheme have yet to indicate how they might develop the area, 18 months after the current administration took power.

Last edited:
Apparently Eddie Hearn just said we are the front runners at the moment to host the next AJ fight in June.

Apparently Eddie Hearn just said we are the front runners at the moment to host the next AJ fight in June.
Tottenham Hotspur Stadium 'front runner' to stage Anthony Joshua's next fight

"Spurs is the front runner and that's what he's asked me to do. We'll be delivering that for him."
Last Updated: 06/02/20 2:55pm

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium is the 'front runner' to stage Anthony Joshua's homecoming fight with Kubrat Pulev in June.

Britain's heavyweight star is close to agreeing a deal to face Bulgarian Pulev, the IBF mandatory challenger, and Joshua has requested a homecoming fight in London.

The Emirates and Twickenham Stadium were also under consideration, but the home of Tottenham Hotspur has emerged as the most likely location.

"We're very close. I had a meeting with AJ last night," Hearn told Sky Sports News. "We've had offers in from the Far East, Middle East, Africa, America, Turkey.

"He's made it very clear to me, I want to come home. I want to box in London next. I've been to Madison Square Garden, I've been to Saudi Arabia, bring me home. Forget the other offers, bring me home.

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium 'front runner' to stage Anthony Joshua's next fight

"Spurs is the front runner and that's what he's asked me to do. We'll be delivering that for him."
Last Updated: 06/02/20 2:55pm

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium is the 'front runner' to stage Anthony Joshua's homecoming fight with Kubrat Pulev in June.

Britain's heavyweight star is close to agreeing a deal to face Bulgarian Pulev, the IBF mandatory challenger, and Joshua has requested a homecoming fight in London.

The Emirates and Twickenham Stadium were also under consideration, but the home of Tottenham Hotspur has emerged as the most likely location.

"We're very close. I had a meeting with AJ last night," Hearn told Sky Sports News. "We've had offers in from the Far East, Middle East, Africa, America, Turkey.

"He's made it very clear to me, I want to come home. I want to box in London next. I've been to Madison Square Garden, I've been to Saudi Arabia, bring me home. Forget the other offers, bring me home.

:levystare:

Vowed a few years back I wouldn't go to a Hearn card in London again (full of pissed/coked up wankers, the northern shows are great) however, I might change my mind for this.

Back
Top Bottom