New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pubs that get busy and move a lot of Guinness should be pre pouring the first phase. They can then be stored on a cold shelf/fridge ready to be topped up as and when needed.
Simples.

Really? I know an Irishman who would lose the plot at the mere suggestion of that. He has to see it poured or he won't drink it. He didn't even like it when I bought him one five minutes before he arrived at the pub on a matchday once.

Really? I know an Irishman who would lose the plot at the mere suggestion of that. He has to see it poured or he won't drink it. He didn't even like it when I bought him one five minutes before he arrived at the pub on a matchday once.
Seen a similar attitude,but have seen it done in Dublin. The pub we were in employed a barman whose only job was part filling glasses with Guinness. To be fair,it was so buy they were standing around too long.

I thought Guinness would be banned, now that we are free from the shackles of the EU. I thought everyone was now drinking Spitfire, Newcastle Brown Ale and Beamish!! Rule Britannia, Britannia rules the waves etc etc!!!
Up untill recently guinness had a brewery in Park Royal so all guinness in england was brewed in london. They sold the site which was massive now all guinness is brewed in ireland. So pub bores going on about how the guinness is better in Ireland have less to stand on. (guinness in ireland usually taste better because you're on holiday and the pub is part of the experience much like holiday wine that doesn't taste half as good in rainy london without a harbour view) Guiness could be subject to tarrifs after the transition period if the uk does not sort out a free trade deal.

Up untill recently guinness had a brewery in Park Royal so all guinness in england was brewed in london. They sold the site which was massive now all guinness is brewed in ireland. So pub bores going on about how the guinness is better in Ireland have less to stand on. (guinness in ireland usually taste better because you're on holiday and the pub is part of the experience much like holiday wine that doesn't taste half as good in rainy london without a harbour view) Guiness could be subject to tarrifs after the transition period if the uk does not sort out a free trade deal.
I agree with the taste. I think years ago,the only thing was you were guaranteed a decent pint over there. But in the last 20plus years the quality of Guinness has improved no end in most pubs.

Don't know what his problem is, but every Guinness drinker I know prefer this method. Apparently Guinness has an "Optimum" time when it comes to settling. Just leaving 3/4s in a glass whilst waiting for another drink, ie Lager would not be enough time for the settle.
Any self respecting Guinness drinker who understood the physics of the perfect pour would embrace the idea of walking into a pub/club and having a pint pretty much ready to drink, especially in a busy establishment.
It has the added bonus of working for non Guinness drinkers also.
We don't have to wait around for years to order our humble lager or any other drink come to think of it.
:walker-scream:
As an aside, most of the Guinness lovers I know are not Irish, however, pretty much all of my Mums side of the family are, most of them wouldn't be able to know the difference as to what they are drinking by about 7pm anyway, just saying.
:harrylol:

Did you know....

Although Guinness is brewed in 49 countries and sold in 150, Guinness itself owns five breweries worldwide, including St. James Gate in Dublin. One is in Malaysia, and the rest are in Africa, specifically in Nigeria, Ghana and Cameroon. In fact, Nigeria and Cameroon are among the top five markets for Guinness in the world.

However, the Guinness variant popular in Ireland, the UK and the U.S. is not the popular one in Africa, where they prefer the Guinness Extra Foreign Stout, a variant with a much higher alcohol content (7.5%) than the draft (around 4.0%).

Shouldn't watching Spurs at the Lane be a better experience than watching it on TV then? It very rarely is. :moursad:

Don't know what his problem is, but every Guinness drinker I know prefer this method. Apparently Guinness has an "Optimum" time when it comes to settling. Just leaving 3/4s in a glass whilst waiting for another drink, ie Lager would not be enough time for the settle.
Any self respecting Guinness drinker who understood the physics of the perfect pour would embrace the idea of walking into a pub/club and having a pint pretty much ready to drink, especially in a busy establishment.
It has the added bonus of working for non Guinness drinkers also.
We don't have to wait around for years to order our humble lager or any other drink come to think of it.
:walker-scream:
As an aside, most of the Guinness lovers I know are not Irish, however, pretty much all of my Mums side of the family are, most of them wouldn't be able to know the difference as to what they are drinking by about 7pm anyway, just saying.
:harrylol:

It’s in cans. At least in the Tap Inn.

That's where my mum and dad met haha, they both worked there back in the day.

One of them blew his mind out in a car?
In London too

Yes, Tara Browne - it's referred to in the Beatles' song: "A Day in the Life"

I read the news today, oh boy
About a lucky man who made the grade
And though the news was rather sad
Well, I just had to laugh
I saw the photograph

He blew his mind out in a car
He didn't notice that the lights had changed
A crowd of people stood and stared
They'd seen his face before