New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looks like they have installed safe standing for a laugh...
3f818bcbef9e4849d494a46811dc9fcf.jpg

Building a 61000 seater stadium I would fucking well hope we sell out 50,000 every week at Wembley! (I don't think that it will cause any problems at all- almost all away teams will sell as many tickets as we give them. For nearly all clubs & fans, this will be the only realistic opportunity to have a Wembley day out in their season. It's great news
Depends on the pricing of the tickets, to an extent. I can see the CL games maybe getting 50k in a weekday night, but for a whole season I think we'll have trouble filling it every game if the pricing stays the same.
We couldn't fill our own ground for Villa ( which was our lowest league attendance of the season), Dortmund, Anderlecht etc. There were less people at the last home game than there were for Newcastle and Bournemouth. I also think there were less people to watch Dortmund than Villa.
If we spend a season at Wembley it will be the same.
If we cannot shift 1,358 tickets on GS for a home game against Aston Villa ( 34,882 -from £37 - £58 a ticket - bar Jun & Sen)) on a weekend then why suddenly are we going to shift another 13,760 just because it's wembley?
If the pricing remains the same, then we will have trouble filling 50k week in week out.

Last edited:
Villa was a Monday night and the gaps were probably what Villa couldn't shift.
There is no ST amnesty for Wembley and we'll offer between 10-15k more season tickets so it'll pretty much sell out for every game bar the odd Sunday at home to WBA.

Villa was a Monday night and the gaps were probably what Villa couldn't shift.
There is no ST amnesty for Wembley and we'll offer between 10-15k more season tickets so it'll pretty much sell out for every game bar the odd Sunday at home to WBA.
Yeah sorry you're right, it was a monday night.
Yeah, but it may not be full.
I will hope the prices go down. I can't see it though. What with the new stadium to be paid for.

Attendances below capacity at WHL can be a bit misleading - sometimes the amount of away fans produces an un-natural divide of the stands and seats have to be left empty for stewarding rather than lack of demand.

Back
Top Bottom