New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bigger version of that photo...
mHXU0zI.jpg
I can still see my seat. :levyeyes:

The original one (currently in the west stand entrance) will be going in the museum. The petition is for a replica similar to the ones on the roof now, but I imagine it would be a suitable size (i.e. fucking massive).
FWIW I sent an email to THST ahead of one of their meetings with the Board (just after the announcement of the new design) and asked this exact question about the designs published do not show a Cockerel, so will there be one and the answer that came back was yes there will be. I also made a plea to have the existing cockerels (x2 currently on Stadium + original one now in reception in West Stand) to be on "public display". The purpose of this request was I felt that if these cockerels were to be put in the new museum then we will be charged to view them, or if they were placed in the reception of a VIP entrance then 99% of fans would never get to see it (same issue I have with the Tottenham clock which now can only be view by VIP's or those visiting the offices, when once everyone visiting the stadium could see it). If i recall the response to this was very ambiguous. If/when I get the time I will try and find the answers, they are in the minutes.

FWIW I sent an email to THST ahead of one of their meetings with the Board (just after the announcement of the new design) and asked this exact question about the designs published do not show a Cockerel, so will there be one and the answer that came back was yes there will be. I also made a plea to have the existing cockerels (x2 currently on Stadium + original one now in reception in West Stand) to be on "public display". The purpose of this request was I felt that if these cockerels were to be put in the new museum then we will be charged to view them, or if they were placed in the reception of a VIP entrance then 99% of fans would never get to see it (same issue I have with the Tottenham clock which now can only be view by VIP's or those visiting the offices, when once everyone visiting the stadium could see it). If i recall the response to this was very ambiguous. If/when I get the time I will try and find the answers, they are in the minutes.

I don't think the museum is intended to be a money making scheme - more a collection of historical items in once place.

The thing I really like about the new design - from what I've seen - is that it still looks like WHL... it still has the same feel about the East/West stands, and behind the goal... (albeit on a much bigger scale)
The pictures above could quite easily have been taken from the Park Lane & Paxton Upper...
Do you know what I mean Harry... Kane?

Last edited:
I'll bet you now that the only way to get in would be to pay or pay for a tour or pay for a sky walk whatever that actually is.
:levystare:

They have been asking people to loan memorabilia though - if they are making a profit then the owners might expect a cut.

It might not be free, as there are running costs.

I love those 3D renderings. I've been excited about the scale and majesty this whole time, but in those renderings it just looks like a massive White Hart Lane inside. Which is just perfect.

Back
Top Bottom