Newport County v. Tottenham Hotspur ||| FA Cup 4th round

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We started to get dangerous when Dele came on. Up until then we only played through the flanks and we had very little to offer there. You can’t play pace, trickery, and possession game on a god damn trench pitch from WWI Christmas truce
We did look better when he arrived but even on a pitch like that and with the talent Eriksen has you still need a player that can thread a pass into the box be it 10 yards away or just outside. I thought we looked better when Davies was put on - funny how that has hardly been mentioned though.

A sheep rallying his sheep

Baaaaaaaahhhhhhh

Fuck off Mick you old senile cunt.
I hope your next parachute fails and you slam face first into the tarmac at Bermuda International Airport.

Your headstone can be a stone laptop....
Here Lies Mick.Still A Cunt

Shocking and you deserve your red card

But the point is that the match ended in a draw, you could not beat us on your football/rugby ground so now you have to come and play the replay on our turf. So when your team arrives it is guaranteed that the showers will be hot and you will be respected, done and dusted.
Why not just accept that he has a good point? That experience will probably be very good for guys like Foyth and Walker-Peters going forwards. Well done Newport, good luck to you ... except in the replay obviously.

Boltonspur you could be describing several of our players in yesterday’s performance

We’re very lucky to be getting a second chance!
I’m not debating the performance of several of our players. I agree that there were some awful performances out there yesterday. What I will say is that it is unusual for so many players to underperform.
Unfortunately, Sissoko plays like that every week. He tries very hard, & runs around a lot quite quickly. And that’s it. He doesn’t possess the skill set of a top tier footballer. His shooting is erratic & his passing is wayward. I suppose we all see different things in players & see games differently, but I don’t see anything about Sissoko that says “premier league player”. He reminds me of Carlton Palmer.

I’m not debating the performance of several of our players. I agree that there were some awful performances out there yesterday. What I will say is that it is unusual for so many players to underperform.
Unfortunately, Sissoko plays like that every week. He tries very hard, & runs around a lot quite quickly. And that’s it. He doesn’t possess the skill set of a top tier footballer. His shooting is erratic & his passing is wayward. I suppose we all see different things in players & see games differently, but I don’t see anything about Sissoko that says “premier league player”. He reminds me of Carlton Palmer.
Harsh on Carlton Palmer

I watched this in the hotel bar in Dubai, not kicking off until 9.30 pm. I rushed back from a jeep safari to catch the game, wish I hadn't bothered. I can only say watching this game was slow torture, the Spanish inquisition could have taken notes. I was the only one really watching the game and I was getting some funny looks as i was the only single woman in there. That might have been because of the incessant muttering and swearing under my breath rather than being on my own!
When that goal went in, couldn't help myself, jumped off the stool and shouted 'yes about bloody time!'. Thought I was going to get chucked out!!
Agree with most of the sensible comments made :-
1. yes, we dodged a bullet
2. great that Newport get a day out at Wembley
3. we create little without Eriksen
4. glad we are still in the draw
5. if we don't do them at home, no matter who plays, then they should be ashamed. No time for complacency or sentimentality.just do the job.
6. I was impressed with Foyth, appears to have great potential. Sissoko worked his socks off but still don't think he should be in the team when everyone is fit. Can't really commit in writing what I think of Llorente -most polite thing I can say - SHOCKING!

I watched this in the hotel bar in Dubai, not kicking off until 9.30 pm. I rushed back from a jeep safari to catch the game, wish I hadn't bothered. I can only say watching this game was slow torture, the Spanish inquisition could have taken notes. I was the only one really watching the game and I was getting some funny looks as i was the only single woman in there. That might have been because of the incessant muttering and swearing under my breath rather than being on my own!
When that goal went in, couldn't help myself, jumped off the stool and shouted 'yes about bloody time!'. Thought I was going to get chucked out!!
5. if we don't do them at home, no matter who plays, then they should be ashamed. No time for complacency or sentimentality.just do the job.
6. I was impressed with Foyth, appears to have great potential. Sissoko worked his socks off but still don't think he should be in the team when everyone is fit. Can't really commit in writing what I think of Llorente -most polite thing I can say - SHOCKING!

Agree with all of that.

Why not just accept that he has a good point? That experience will probably be very good for guys like Foyth and Walker-Peters going forwards. Well done Newport, good luck to you ... except in the replay obviously.
That's not a disrespectful reply!

Blatant Mrs P, BLATANT.

;)

crayonscribble.gif
Which colours represent Sissoko and LLorente?

Blatant im in Dubai post........ :wanyama:

Hope your having a great one tho! :dierpochhug:

We should demolish them, they're a horseshit nothing side. Problem was the players went out thinking that they didn't have to turn up to beat them.
Sometimes you have to give credit where it’s due. Most PL players are not used to playing football on surfaces or at places like that.
It’s a fact.
Maybe they are a bit pampered.
Yet Newport were brilliant. They used their place and style and had a plan, like with Leeds, and it nearly paid off.
We wouldn’t be the first team to slip up and it wouldn’t be the first time for us either.
It’s the FA cup. It’s what it's all about.
Yet they have fucked us over even if we manage to beat them
Seeing as we have 3 days rest after Man U before facing Liverpool, we now have two days rest after Liverpool, then Newport with another 2 days rest before Woolwich. Then 2 days rest before Juve away.
Great.
Can’t see us lining up any stronger next time if we have aspirations of top 4.

Do you spend any time at home? You were away cruising now Dubai and looking at giraffes! :thumbup:
Least you won't have a big electric bill:);):);):);)

Sometimes you have to give credit where it’s due. Most PL players are not used to playing football on surfaces or at places like that.
It’s a fact.
Maybe they are a bit pampered.
Yet Newport were brilliant. They used their place and style and had a plan, like with Leeds, and it nearly paid off.
We wouldn’t be the first team to slip up and it wouldn’t be the first time for us either.
It’s the FA cup. It’s what it's all about.
Seeing as we have 3 days rest after Man U before facing Liverpool, we now have two days rest after Liverpool, then Newport with another 2 days rest before Woolwich. Then 2 days rest before Juve away.
Great.
I reckon Newport are a better side than some of the Europa League sides we've faced over the years e.g. Tromso, Sherrif Tiraspol.

Back
Top Bottom