Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He can't be trusted..... It's literally a case of shunting him as far fwd as possible or bust.

Ndombele & 'Engine Room' simply don't mix.

I agree that's the reality of what we've seen at Spurs. But I assume the original reason for his signing was as that driving force in midfield who can resist any press and open up space for someone like an Eriksen. Again like Dembele but with better passing .. but it just hasn't turned out that way.

He doesn't quite fit perfectly in anywhere. Not quite productive enough to be a 10, but too much of a liability further back. Said it a few times but get some form out of him this season, move him on and sign a couple of mids rather than a poor hybrid.

I'm not sure he is. Wasn't he more of a belated Dembele replacement? His assist stats at Lyon never suggested he was an elite provider. He's a great ball carrier and very press resistant and will chip in with some assists, but an Eriksen he ain't, and was never meant to be.

Ideally you'd want someone like Hojbjerg or Skipp, a player like Ndombele and then an Eriksen type, or at least another midfielder who can chip in with goals/assists to some degree.

Dembele was not big on assist either, very good at picking up ball deep and running through, but not the best passer in the world either. Not too many like for like replacement out there but Ndombele ticks boxes, other than athleticism/ability to play 90 mins etc.

I suspect that Lo Celso was supposed to be the CM you describe who could chip in with a few goals/assists

Dembele was not big on assist either, very good at picking up ball deep and running through, but not the best passer in the world either. Not too many like for like replacement out there but Ndombele ticks boxes, other than athleticism/ability to play 90 mins etc.

I suspect that Lo Celso was supposed to be the CM you describe who could chip in with a few goals/assists

Yeah that’s what I mean though, Ndombele was intended to replace what Dembele could do but add some assists. In theory anyway.

That’s what I can make out from his Lyon clips anyway, most of his best stuff was resisting the press and ball carrying.

I wonder with Lo Celso. Wasn’t he more a number 10 creative type in Spain? His numbers were good.

Yeah that’s what I mean though, Ndombele was intended to replace what Dembele could do but add some assists. In theory anyway.

That’s what I can make out from his Lyon clips anyway, most of his best stuff was resisting the press and ball carrying.

I wonder with Lo Celso. Wasn’t he more a number 10 creative type in Spain? His numbers were good.
Agree on Ndombele.

Lo Celso was a DM at PSG but moved upfield to more of an AM/no 10 role at Real Betis with decent numbers for assists /goals.

Arrived at Spurs injured and had his best run at Spurs for about a dozen games where he seemed to put in a lot of effort even if few (if any) assists and goals shortly after Mourhino joined, then was injured for the restart of 19/20 last 6/7 games, and 20/21 seemed not to put much effort in and rarely played a full game, often from bench. So a very unproductive first 2 seasons at Spurs.

If he's going to live up to expectations, needs to start by putting more effort in plus using creativity to create more chances and/or score goals. It may not be correct, but seems to put the effort in and assist/score when playing for Argentina, so needs to replicate that at Spurs and not repeat his 20/21 season.

Straight up the spine of our team, I want Romero, Skipp, and Gil starting every game. They're not just our future--they're the best, most energetic, most committed options we have *now*.
Also players who aren't in the comfort zone and tainted by the putrid 'staleness' and rot which surrounds the squad

This boy proves one of the failings of Poch's management.

Loans work.

The right loans.

He wasted talents like KWP through lack of loans. Still insist KWP would had been a
brilliant RB if given a season in the champo earlier.

This boy proves one of the failings of Poch's management.

Loans work.

The right loans.

He wasted talents like KWP through lack of loans. Still insist KWP would had been a
brilliant RB if given a season in the champo earlier.

....Onomah being another that suffered too.

One of the first few names on the team sheet for me now. I feel like I’ve said it 100 times already but it’s incredible how mature he is for just turning 21 the other week.

Really interesting how his presence opens up a different part of PEH’s game as well. Neither are Modric-level players but they are two players that are rarely going to hurt the side.

Back
Top Bottom