Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m glad he’s got a first eleven number now, but 4 is an odd choice to me. I always think of it as a defenders number though. I would have preferred to see Skippy with 6 or 8 to be honest, but I assume this was partly his choice.

I’m glad he’s got a first eleven number now, but 4 is an odd choice to me. I always think of it as a defenders number though. I would have preferred to see Skippy with 6 or 8 to be honest, but I assume this was partly his choice.
He used 4 in most of the academy teams. So I guess that he has some attachment to it.

Romero: "17 is free.... Can I have that please?"

Club: "No probs.... Skippy; do you want 4?"

Skipp: "Sounds good... 29 kinda sucks.... Cheers...."

Bissouma wants #8.
Sanchez is #6 which IMO could well be going Lenglet's way.

Lots of defensive midfielders take 4 when it's available. Fabregas, Makelele, Viera. It was Guardiola's preferred number, but Koeman had it for a good while when he was at Barca. Maybe more of a Spanish/French thing.. but you see it a decent amount on DM's with good technical ability.

Lots of defensive midfielders take 4 when it's available. Fabregas, Makelele, Viera. It was Guardiola's preferred number, but Koeman had it for a good while when he was at Barca. Maybe more of a Spanish/French thing.. but you see it a decent amount on DM's with good technical ability.

Wasn't Freund 4?

I imagine as a kid, Skipp was well aware of these players...

Now lemme see, Fabregas, Vieira, Makelele, Koeman, Guardiola all wore 4....

Strange how come Skippy wants that number too!???? 🙄

Seem to remember Mullery wore 4 and of course the great Danny Blanchflower. I look at it as a defensive midfielders number and it is good for him he got in ahead of Bissouma who I think is still without a number.

Seem to remember Mullery wore 4 and of course the great Danny Blanchflower. I look at it as a defensive midfielders number and it is good for him he got in ahead of Bissouma who I think is still without a number.
Bissouma will take #8 when Winks leaves or possibly #20.

I imagine as a kid, Skipp was well aware of these players...

Now lemme see, Fabregas, Vieira, Makelele, Koeman, Guardiola all wore 4....

Strange how come Skippy wants that number too!???? 🙄
Graham Roberts wore 4.

He started as a ball-winning midfielder before moving to CB.

Pretty sure Hoddle wore 4 in his early seasons too.
Yup, I have distant memories of that too, before Glenn became our Number 10.

Skipp is too young to remember Graham Roberts in his prime. If he wants a modern day reference, Romero would have enjoyed watching Roberts playing against Charlie Nicholas & the scum.

And Souness (as a manager) was so impressed with Roberts' aggressive defending he took him to Glasgow Rangers, along with an ageing Terry Butcher.

Back
Top Bottom