Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good, now play him.

This is why getting Europa is important. Skipp, Sessegnon, Parrott, Cirkin, etc.. we need these guys to get regular minutes, so either loan them out or play them in the group stage and the League Cup, with occasional league appearances with the 5 subs available next season.

+ Tanganga
+ any other squad players that arrive this summer.

I'm so into us having EL next season. Bodes very well for all our fringe players....

I think we should keep KWP for the same reason.

+ Tanganga
+ any other squad players that arrive this summer.

I'm so into us having EL next season. Bodes very well for all our fringe players....

I think we should keep KWP for the same reason.
Only reason I didn't include Tanganga is he was getting alot of first team minutes, but is Jose doesn't plan to utilize him like that next season then I would agree.

His girl is a looker too
kieran-culkin-jazz-charton-getty-510x600.jpg
The boy Skipp done great.

Big praise from Mourinho in the presser saying that Skipp could become Tottenham captain in the future following in the footsteps of Lloris and Kane.

Interestingly he also mentioned that Skipp is interested in taking a loan next season which Mourinho said he agrees with, but as a greedy manager he has liked to keep him around to date to keep his squad strong as possible.

On the one hand I'd love to see Skipp playing week in week out to get experience, but on the other hand I genuinely think he could do a job for us and could do with some time to develop in our team rather than elsewhere.

Big praise from Mourinho in the presser saying that Skipp could become Tottenham captain in the future following in the footsteps of Lloris and Kane.

Interestingly he also mentioned that Skipp is interested in taking a loan next season which Mourinho said he agrees with, but as a greedy manager he has liked to keep him around to date to keep his squad strong as possible.

On the one hand I'd love to see Skipp playing week in week out to get experience, but on the other hand I genuinely think he could do a job for us and could do with some time to develop in our team rather than elsewhere.

Best to loan him out to a footballing team, he'll never be a Mourinho type player, he's too skillful. He can get a year's experience and be ready to for first team under a new manager when Mourinho has gone.

Only reason I didn't include Tanganga is he was getting alot of first team minutes, but is Jose doesn't plan to utilize him like that next season then I would agree.

I assume it would be; especially if we bag one of the CBs we've been linked with this summer.

Either that or a 6month loan like the boy Skipp.

Yeah the guy who signed Modric for Real Madrid doesn’t want skillful players in the centre.

He can only work with the final product though. He wouldn't have brought Modric from Zagreb. And, as he's pretty much, he only wants to keep Skipp hanging around to be a squad option, therefore it's vital Skipp gets a loan.

Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho believes 19-year-old English midfielder Oliver Skipp, who has signed a new deal with the club, is a future Spurs captain. Skipp wants to go on loan to gain experience but Mourinho would prefer him to remain at the club. (Evening Standard)

Good to see him re-signing, a loan deal would be best, if you make a mistake under the present manager, he will drop you and as a young player that could be devastating for your career. But the game has become so results driven in general it is hard to develop talent now.
Two of our best signings, Gazza and Chrissy Waddle, developed into world class players in a mediocre Newcastle side which at times was close to relegation. But they were allowed to make mistakes there. As above, I'd argue Winks has not gone forward because he has become too conservative - there isn't any allowance for risk taking now, so his play is increasingly predictable. Not seen enough of Skipp to make even a provisional judgement as yet!

He can only work with the final product though. He wouldn't have brought Modric from Zagreb. And, as he's pretty much, he only wants to keep Skipp hanging around to be a squad option, therefore it's vital Skipp gets a loan.
Mate, perhaps it has something to do with the owner wanted “instant result”. You clowns need to pick either “he will leave in 3 years” or “he should sign/play youths because that is the tradition of the club” and then “ohh he doesn’t win the League so he is pass it”

show me the manager that can win theLeague playing under 19s or 21s.

Best to loan him out to a footballing team, he'll never be a Mourinho type player, he's too skillful. He can get a year's experience and be ready to for first team under a new manager when Mourinho has gone.
I think he might surprise us all and break into the team sooner than we think.
He has matured recently and in pre season may get his opprtunity

I think he might surprise us all and break into the team sooner than we think.
He has matured recently and in pre season may get his opprtunity

He should have been in the team last year instead of a crippled Wanyama, one of Poch's most baffling decisions to overlook Skipp in the second half of the season.

I would love to see him get 30 games next year. If PEH is coming here then we will have a player that is more or less Skipp with experience. Skipp really impresses me and think he had a lot of Kante qualities. Crossing my fingers.

Good on Mourinho to reveal the honest position with him. He knows he needs a loan, like we all do. Imagine the half arsed response we’d get with Poch followed by the lack of games for the first team and under 23s. I do think he should of had some more minutes since the restart but understand why he hasn’t.

The main problem with loans is will he get games. Clarke has hardly played at 2 clubs this year. I vote for a loan as long as the club he goes to really needs him and therefore he gets games. Perhaps a time hard up for cash.

Back
Top Bottom