Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

FUCKING HELL! START SKIPP TOMORROW, CONTE. HE WILL TRANSFORM THAT MIDFIELD.

I love Skipp as much as the next guy but man do we overrate guys who don't play. Skipp is solid but he hasn't done anything in his career to be considered better than PEH and Bentancur at this time. I'd be fine with him starting but it bugs me when people act like the people we don't see are so much better than the people we do see.

Skipp is better at going forward from midfield and just as good at tackling back as PEH. His vision for a pass is (in my opinion) better than Hoj or Bentancur - don't get me wrong, I like them both, but I reckon Skipp's better than either.
It's got nothing to do with me liking him because he's not playing. You just made that up.

Eh based on what? One year in the EPL as a rotation guy? And one season in the championship? I’m not saying he doesn’t have ability but I think to act like he’s better than PEH at major things is a fallacy. PEH has been starting every game for us for like 3 years now. He’s been a part of lots of big wins. And losses. So much so, that people have had time to find his weaknesses and harp on them. I’d argue Skipp hasn’t had enough game time to really get criticized yet. It will come. I’m just saying fans do this with young players all the time. They act like a young player is better because they only focus on the positive aspects and meanwhile focus on the negative aspects of established players. Just go through all our recent “dead weight.” The same thing was said about all of them at one time or another.

Both Skipp and Spence were on for 71 mins before being subbed - both looked a bit rusty but improved a lot as game went on.

E u21's play a friendly v Germany at 19.45 on Tuesday at Sheffield United.

If we do have reliable rotation options, I'd like to see players playing harder in the minutes they do get. With more rest between starts you'd think they could push their performances in each game a bit more.

With 4 fit centre midfield players for 2 positions in Bentancur, Hokjbjerg, Bisssouma and Skipp (not to mention White and Sarr who could play a few minutes as subs ) no reason why 2 of them don't play one match a week if Conte wanted.

Our best CM for me. I rate him that highly. His all round attributes combine what all three of the others have. He will prove it in time without injuries holding him back. Can win the ball high like Biss, can pass progressively and quickly like Benta and can keep possession ticking and link defence to midfield to attack like Hoj. Would LOVE to see him in a midfield 3 with any of the others.

Perhaps. Kulu is a serious player and Richy could complement Kane well…. They must be looking to bring in upgrades in Jan, especially if we scrape into the CL knockouts. It’s not a write off, yet
Kulu is an incredible player, and his impact since arriving is criminally underrated.

Back
Top Bottom