Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's done so well this season, albeit in a strong team. But the real question is what happens next. The worst thing for his career will be to now come back to Spurs and sit on the bench for a season. Either he plays on a regular basis or he stays with Norwich for another year to continue his development.

Hopefully our new manager makes a decision early on so he can keep the momentum.
If we run a 4-3-3 under Ten Hag then we need more midfielders. Even under a 4-2-3-1 there is value for him next to any of Ndombele, Lo Celso or Hojbjerg.

I agree that he shouldn't sit on the bench but I think we need him next season.

Confirmation, if any were needed, that Norwich City and its fans really liked having Oliver Skipp this season

Only third place? Clearly wasn't an online poll then.

source.gif

Suspected broken foot. Hopefully be ready for the start of next season. The last Tottenham player to break his foot while on loan at Norwich hasn't done too bad for himself.

Farke said “A big concern. It was pretty painful for him and our physios’ first assessment was they are not that optimistic for him.

“It seems like a major injury. Right now, too soon to give a firm prediction. We have to continue to assess him over these coming days but it was pretty sore.

“It is a shame because he was unbelievable this season. One of our outstanding players. All our thoughts are with him and we hope he is capable of being fit for the new season. It is an issue with his foot. We think it could be broken.”

Farke said “A big concern. It was pretty painful for him and our physios’ first assessment was they are not that optimistic for him.

“It seems like a major injury. Right now, too soon to give a firm prediction. We have to continue to assess him over these coming days but it was pretty sore.

“It is a shame because he was unbelievable this season. One of our outstanding players. All our thoughts are with him and we hope he is capable of being fit for the new season. It is an issue with his foot. We think it could be broken.”

Reminding me of Pritchard who did brilliantly on loan in the Championship and got badly injured in the following summer. Still a bit saddened when I think of the trajectory his career took following that injury.

Back
Top Bottom