Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Only happens to us, it seems! How frustrating, I was looking forward to Skippy's return.

If it's a minor break or sprain that won't require surgery just rest, that's 6-8 weeks .... will give the lad a well earned rest and still see him back for a full pre-season. It might end up being a blessing in disguise giving him the summer off rather than pissing around with England squads.

Hopefully he has the mentality to build and move on from this set back and not let it become a perennial problem. Seems to me that he has the mental attitude to succeed.
Would love him to be our midfield general that we so badly need.

Oh for fuck sake... Spurs written all over it. With blood-red color and in bold...

Literally when everything was going in such an amazing way and he started all games but 1...
And in dying moments of the game that sealed Championship win - so exactly in the moment when Norwich does not need him that much and when he effectively would be Spurs player again - he breaks a leg.

Hope it is not too bad and he recovers from it as soon as possible.
Really have been waiting to see him in Spurs shirt again, after playing like 4000 minutes of pro-footie this season.

Hopefully back early in pre-season rather than later.

But at least they say 'during pre-season' rather 'early next season'
Yes, though he will decondition more over the next few weeks than if he was fit and able to do a normal off-season fitness programme. So he'll be starting his pre-season from a lower base than others.

Yes, though he will decondition more over the next few weeks than if he was fit and able to do a normal off-season fitness programme. So he'll be starting his pre-season from a lower base than others.
Championship plays more games than EPL right? I suspect he's played enough. If anything this gives him a slightly longer and welcomed rest.

Championship plays more games than EPL right? I suspect he's played enough. If anything this gives him a slightly longer and welcomed rest.
I doubt injuries feel very restful - a stressful and anxious time, especially when he'll be desperate to get back for pre-season to impress the new manager. Also bear in mind he can't kick a ball or run for a few weeks. So will be hard to keep muscle strength.

You tend to see players take a few weeks playing matches before they are back to their best after any injury of this size. So Skipp may be ready for the new season, but it might be a 90 or 95% version to begin with. I just hope the new manager is patient, and if Skipp isn't flying in pre-season, doesn't write him off or send him back out on loan.

I can see him back at Norwich next year for experience in the PL and then many season's with us, winning trophies. He is a genius
If this happens, we use it as leverage to get Max Aarons in the other direction.

Though regardless I wouldn't want to see it because Skipp seems to have elevated his game to where he'd be challenging to start for us. The caveat to that is if our new manager doesn't fancy him to start just yet and thinks the year in the PL with Norwich would be the most beneficial - I'd be surprised and would wager we'd put a January recall clause in there.

BTW: I forget to say thank you for the Olly Skipp loan. He was instrumentally a central part of City's achievements during this odd season. I wish he could stay or we could have an option to buy him. See you next season. Grab that top 4th finish.

Back
Top Bottom