OTHER MATCHES FRED 2016-17

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We have to. When we were 4th-5th, I felt we needed to concentrate on the teams above us, and for me it was clear as day that we were better than arse, City and Pool. We caught and passed them, closing down point gaps of 7-10 over a few weeks at Christmas.

Bar a miracle, we wont catch Chelsea. If we are honest, we are not chasing them, but staying ahead of the others.
The teams below us are what make our games vital at this stage.
No one is catching Chelsea. From here on is race for the remaining 3 CL spots

They didn't look that bothered about finishing 2nd last season.

You think they want that to happen again? - Pochettino has already said he wanted to kill them. I think we all did. These guys are going to kill themselves to get that 2nd placed finish.

Plus we're much better this season.

I don't think we need to look down - I don't think the players will either. Whilst the players know that to catch Chelsea we will need a miracle, they aren't going to let go of that, especially after last season. They've all been harping on about how they were disappointed with how last season finished. They are going to want to finish second at best. We do that by focusing on our games and winning them.

If we're good enough, we'll finish 2nd or higher.

Yep, I dont see us waning off like that this season, and I think the players are determined to go one better than we did last year.

2nd and the FA Cup, beating Chelsea in the semis along the way would for me be very close to what Id imagine a title win. The title would be surreal, and a cut above dont get me wrong, but on the back of last season, and just winning that cup at Wembley, in our last season at WHL.......legendary stuff

You think they want that to happen again? - Pochettino has already said he wanted to kill them. I think we all did. These guys are going to kill themselves to get that 2nd placed finish.

Plus we're much better this season.
I don't know what they think - I saw what they did, which is all I can go on. A draw in the City game was the best result for us.

I think I can summon the energy to care about Spurs results AND what results would be best for Spurs...

You know it's going pretty good when this is what we are going at it over.

Unless Wenger truly has lost the dressing room, the bad form Woolwich won't turn up for the last game at WHL. They'll be up for it. I think it is the most unpredictable fixture we have left to come.

The thing is, we will be more up for it and are the far superior team, so let them come. They will be playing to keep themselves in the top half by then....can you imagine if Sanchez misses the next few games

The thing is, we will be more up for it and are the far superior team, so let them come. They will be playing to keep themselves in the top half by then....can you imagine if Sanchez misses the next few games
Nonsense, Ty has spoken on this. Their players are all a million times better than ours.

Nice of sky to give Spurs / saints a few minutes in the City/Liverpool pre match show from 12-2
And to give the game a recap afterwards and discuss it after the actual City Liverpool game.

Oh they have. Souness says we got away with it today and we need Kane back or we are at risk of not making top 4.
Not they did well without Kane, dug in and got a result. 10 consecutive wins at home now.
It riles me that when Liverpool get away with it v Burnley at home - with both their main goalscorers - they have turned the corner, it's a sign of a great team.

Nice of sky to give Spurs / saints a few minutes in the City/Liverpool pre match show from 12-2
And to give the game a recap afterwards and discuss it after the actual City Liverpool game.

Oh they have. Souness says we got away with it today and we need Kane back or we are at risk of not making top 4.
Not they did well without Kane, dug in and got a result. 10 consecutive wins at home now.
It riles me that when Liverpool get away with it v Burnley at home - with both their main goalscorers - they have turned the corner, it's a sign of a great team.

I don't listen to them anymore. I'm not bothered that the likes of Souness and Quinn don't rate us. Table doesn't lie.

Back
Top Bottom