OTHER MATCHES FRED 2016-17

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought Man Utd would pay part of the wages? Ala Adebayor and Spurs/City.

Reported somewhere that United were buying out of his current contract... He goes on a free with a lump sum and they get him off the wage bill.... Why would they then subsidize his wage for the new team when he arrives there as a free agent?

Reported somewhere that United were buying out of his current contract... He goes on a free with a lump sum and they get him off the wage bill.... Why would they then subsidize his wage for the new team when he arrives there as a free agent?

I heard it was a loan.

I heard it was a loan.

Well as we both know... Not to much trustworthy reporting out there so who knows for sure.

Wouldn't at all surprise me if United give them/him a sweeter deal than is made public tho... Just to save them and Rooney a bit of 'face' considering how much of a financial liability he has become.

Germany look like they can't handle direct running dribbling.
To me this game is crying out for Edwards as Sessegnon has not been in the game much yet created the best two chances (1 and offside goal) by being direct.
England have been the architects of Germany's best two chances with unforced errors.

England lost 2 players to injury within the first 20 mins. Challobah and Dozzell

Could do.... Maybe they just appear happy? Or maybe our broader rep is still that of a selling club (with Bale & Modrich at the forefront of a lot of ambitious player's minds.)? ...Perception is 'everything' some might say.

Monaco only have so much squad space and still have a sense of positional balance to retain come game day...

We need to find a way to tap into similar such profiled prospects, because despite our superb recent progress on the pitch, a few extra TV£s apportioned to whatever transfer kitty we wouldn't have otherwise had and CL status we still can't afford to buy the finished article for the level the club is currently playing at (and even then that doesn't really fit Poch's philosophy)...

We have an Alchemist in Pochetino, we need to tap into the best possible raw materials for him to work with; be it via the our academys or succesful rough diamond scouting.

Paying bigger fees for similar (if not higher!) level risks for 'not as hot' prospects (Barkley, Sissoko.... Insane inter EPL prices, English premium etc.) is a ridiculous situation that we surely can't operate in for a sustain period...

Once we've moved into the new gaff, hopefully we'll have a little more time to focus on refining our scouting/recruitment ops. Fingers crossed there'll be a bit more synergy/clarity achieved by then and we can fine-tune/tweak accordingly from there....
we also need to bear in mind, no one knows what the situation will be post brexit re visas, foreign players etc.
hard brexit means no free movement of labour. may also mean many of the super rich clubs moody owners quitting. cant bribe the EU when we aint in it

If Marcus Edwards does not come on when we're 2-0 up he's either injured or he's had a bust up with the manager. I've not seen him on the bench. Mystery.

w9Aw52k.gif

In a bit of a shock, Swedish champions Malmö got knocked out of the CL qualifiers by Macedonian team FK Vardar two days ago. They led the game into halftime but that second half was just babyshambles and they ended up eliminated 3-1 (4-2 on aggregate).

On a more positive note two Swedish sides have advanced in the Europa League qualifiers. With Östersund even managing to eliminate Galatasaray 3-1 on aggregate. Very impressive for a team that played in the Swedish third/fourth flight 5 years ago.

In a bit of a shock, Swedish champions Malmö got knocked out of the CL qualifiers by Macedonian team FK Vardar two days ago. They led the game into halftime but that second half was just babyshambles and they ended up eliminated 3-1 (4-2 on aggregate).

On a more positive note two Swedish sides have advanced in the Europa League qualifiers. With Östersund even managing to eliminate Galatasaray 3-1 on aggregate. Very impressive for a team that played in the Swedish third/fourth flight 5 years ago.

Heja Sverige!

Back
Top Bottom