Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It came off the defender? What is the controversy?
Didn't change the direction of the ball. People are losing sense when it comes to offside rule. The very main concept of offside, is to not give the strikers an unfair chance, that's why it was created. Although it's a beautiful overhead kick by the prick, he had an advantage because of his positioning. It's fucking ridiculous how this goal is allowed to stand, and how Son's goal v the dippers was disallowed, considering who had more of an advantage when it comes to positioning.

Didn't change the direction of the ball. People are losing sense when it comes to offside rule. The very main concept of offside, is to not give the strikers an unfair chance, that's why it was created. Although it's a beautiful overhead kick by the prick, he had an advantage because of his positioning. It's fucking ridiculous how this goal is allowed to stand, and how Son's goal v the dippers was disallowed, considering who had more of an advantage when it comes to positioning.

But that is a problem with the rule not the ridiculous idea that the ref/VAR are bent.

Why did they not show the replay?
Why was the ref not asked to review the play?
1) Blame the Spanish feed
2) I don't think they go ver to screens by the side of the pitch in Europe (just like they didn't in England last year and don't in Spain as I recall). It's called by the VAR peeps in the studio and that's that

Yep, replacing a manager who's lost four of the last five with another who's lost four of the last five is clearly the way to go

I think looking at records without thinking of the team that Southampton has is a pretty short sighted way to look at things.

I would much rather make manager judgements on watching the games, analyzing what happened in them, taking consideration of the line-up that each team had and who they had available. Things that could effect the outcome, things that actually tell you about the manager and what they might be able to do in the future.

Or we could look at a small sample of results and nothing else and make silly generalizations.

That's a good result for Chelsea - first time Atletico have lost at home in Europe since 2017, when they were also beat by Chelsea.

I guess getting rid of an underperforming manager does work.

I think looking at records without thinking of the team that Southampton has is a pretty short sighted way to look at things.

I would much rather make manager judgements on watching the games, analyzing what happened in them, taking consideration of the line-up that each team had and who they had available. Things that could effect the outcome, things that actually tell you about the manager and what they might be able to do in the future.

Or we could look at a small sample of results and nothing else and make silly generalizations.
Thanks for your patronising reply.

I indeed watched a game when we thrashed them, scoring THE SAME GOAL again and again, where their manager was utterly incapable of changing a damn thing. Strangely, I don't remember you bigging him up back then.

Your're right. He's the man for us.

Yeah, I can patronise too

Back
Top Bottom