Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pleased to see that we are already using a cup win by a massive side, with a billion quid squad, that only finished 2 wins behind us in the season just gone, to slag off our own club for not winning trophies. When i say pleased, I probably mean not fucking surprised.

Are we now honestly adding Man Utd to the usual list of Wigan, Leicester, Blackburn (the "if they can win something why can't we?" teams)?
Did you honestly expect anything else on here?

Pleased to see that we are already using a cup win by a massive side, with a billion quid squad, that only finished 2 wins behind us in the season just gone, to slag off our own club for not winning trophies. When i say pleased, I probably mean not fucking surprised.

Are we now honestly adding Man Utd to the usual list of Wigan, Leicester, Blackburn (the "if they can win something why can't we?" teams)?

Yes. Everyone thinks this United side are shit and their manager sucks, so absolutely they're in the why can't we list.

We consistently fail to even come close to winning stuff while sides who are worse than us in the league manage it. Why is that?

So, we back on the Mainoo train? The Wharton train must have been an express route, eh?

Two more weeks...

I don't see how anyone can't see that for a 19 year old he's pretty outstanding, to be fair. He's had a few poor games for United this season but that's always been when they've played Eriksen alongside him who is like playing with a man down these days. He was the best midfielder on the pitch today by a distance which is no mean feat considering there was Rodri, De Bruyne etc.

This. But here we go again United are back they have world class players ( they have none . Its like fucking clockwork ) people in this country are really really gullible and get utterly swept along.
The commentary is absurd.

They absolutely shithoused that game. Nothing wrong with it whatsoever.

Real Madrid did a slightly prettier version of it in the CL.

The commentary is absurd.

They absolutely shithoused that game. Nothing wrong with it whatsoever.

Real Madrid did a slightly prettier version of it in the CL.

They won the game in the only whey they were capable. They also would have won it more comfortably if Onana hadn't of made an absolute cunt of Doku's shot which you would expect League One keepers to keep out.

No doubting that City were mentally lacking on the day though.

It's way too early to call either excellent....this place

Nah, you just need eyes. They're classy talents putting in mature performances against elite players.

They may well not continue their progression, they may stall or go backwards even, but right now already they're excellent, easy on the eye footballers who are international quality.

Yes. Everyone thinks this United side are shit and their manager sucks, so absolutely they're in the why can't we list.

We consistently fail to even come close to winning stuff while sides who are worse than us in the league manage it. Why is that?
Not everyone thinks they're shit. I think they're underperforming, but still have a very talented squad there. Took the piss out of their defence after the Palace game and someone (may even have been you? ) pointed out their defensive injuries. A very expensive, out of form, but full of good players, squad. Anyway, disregarding my opinion on the strengths of an underperforming side, there's no single reason why we don't win things. It's certainly not entirely down to an old geezer and a wee bald lad.

It's down to luck, injuries, form, paying less wages, no winning mentality, managers who don't take cups seriously, players get higher bonuses for the league, refereeing performances, poor coaching, clever rotation that isn't clever. I could go on all day, but you know the reasons already.

Nah, you just need eyes. They're classy talents putting in mature performances against elite players.

They may well not continue their progression, they may stall or go backwards even, but right now already they're excellent, easy on the eye footballers who are international quality.
Fried Rice Cooking GIF by Nigel Ng (Uncle Roger)

Back
Top Bottom