Other Matches Fred 2023/24

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not everyone thinks they're shit. I think they're underperforming, but still have a very talented squad there. Took the piss out of their defence after the Palace game and someone (may even have been you? ) pointed out their defensive injuries. A very expensive, out of form, but full of good players, squad. Anyway, disregarding my opinion on the strengths of an underperforming side, there's no single reason why we don't win things. It's certainly not entirely down to an old geezer and a wee bald lad.

It's down to luck, injuries, form, paying less wages, no winning mentality, managers who don't take cups seriously, players get higher bonuses for the league, refereeing performances, poor coaching, clever rotation that isn't clever. I could go on all day, but you know the reasons already.

Sure it is. Culture of the club isn't based around winning. We don't prioritise these competitions, it's really that simple. Finishing in European spots is our whole world. It happens too often for this to not be a problem from the top down.

Other clubs value these competitions. We sort of shrug our shoulders and talk about how we can focus on the league now so we can qualify for competitions we won't do anything in next season. This club not winning anything for so long isn't down to luck.

Pleased to see that we are already using a cup win by a massive side, with a billion quid squad, that only finished 2 wins behind us in the season just gone, to slag off our own club for not winning trophies. When i say pleased, I probably mean not fucking surprised.

Are we now honestly adding Man Utd to the usual list of Wigan, Leicester, Blackburn (the "if they can win something why can't we?" teams)?

Mate we flopped out of both cups as soon as they started this season. We have embarrassed ourselves in Europe consistently since the CL final.

Maybe you don’t mind but I think most Tottenham fans do. I don’t give a fuck how much United spent on their squad, our squad cost a fucking fortune too. We need to start competing for trophies, otherwise why am I being asked to pay £1600 for my season ticket? To watch us look stupid?

Sure it is. Culture of the club isn't based around winning. We don't prioritise these competitions, it's really that simple. Finishing in European spots is our whole world. It happens too often for this to not be a problem from the top down.

Other clubs value these competitions. We sort of shrug our shoulders and talk about how we can focus on the league now so we can qualify for competitions we won't do anything in next season. This club not winning anything for so long isn't down to luck.
The expected response. No point in us going at this, as there's never any possibility of me believing that:

a. You know anything at all about what Levy wants.
b. Our failures are all down to Levy.
c. None of our successes are down to Levy.
d. No matter the number of different managers, staff and coaches we've had and the number of different managers, players and staff we've face in 20 years, you still think this a consistent cultural issue surrounding Levy.

He's your bogey man and that's fair enough. I just don't believe in bogey men.

Spot on can't be argued.

Mate we flopped out of both cups as soon as they started this season. We have embarrassed ourselves in Europe consistently since the CL final.

Maybe you don’t mind but I think most Tottenham fans do. I don’t give a fuck how much United spent on their squad, our squad cost a fucking fortune too. We need to start competing for trophies, otherwise why am I being asked to pay £1600 for my season ticket? To watch us look stupid?
I don't mind who won today. City wins and there's a wee asterix there. United won and it's amused me a wee bit to be honest. Bet City had spent the week practising their goal celebrations.

I'm pissed off we went out of the cups and pissed off we don't win any. Just don't get the dirty fucking rush to coat the club off by weaponising another club winning a trophy. Folk cope in different ways I suppose, just a behaviour that weirds me out. Especially when the other club is Man fucking Utd. Hardly Yeovil.

As for paying that much money for your season ticket? I don't know what you get out of the experience, so can't comment on what you do. I don't have a season ticket, but have seen me spend half that to come down for a single match. I don't do it to watch us win trophies (because i have no expectation we will), but get a lot more than that out of the experience. Hopefully you do too.

While I kinda get this, it's probably worth pointing out that Man U were a 1cm offside away from getting beat by Coventry.

While I kinda get this, it's probably worth pointing out that Man U were a 1cm offside away from getting beat by Coventry.
...and we were a Gary Mabbutt o.g away from beating them too!

Football, eh?

The fact Man Utd have now had a better season than we have, is galling... Especially given the league positions.

c. None of our successes are down to Levy
Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

For Woolwich, Villa, Newcastle and of course, it's just sickening.

United win a trophy when for the most part they have been abject.

City, for all their brilliance win one thing.

We could not win the FA Cup. We won't win the Euopa next season.

It's just incredible how this fcuking sh!t works.

For Woolwich, Villa, Newcastle and of course, it's just sickening.

United win a trophy when for the most part they have been abject.

City, for all their brilliance win one thing.

We could not win the FA Cup. We won't win the Euopa next season.

It's just incredible how this fcuking sh!t works.
Shows how bad the levels of underachievement at Tottenham is.

Back
Top Bottom