Paulo Fonseca (Poll Added)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you feel about this appointment

• Like it.

Votes: 22 5.4%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 90 22.1%
  • Wait and see.

Votes: 217 53.2%
  • I quit.

Votes: 79 19.4%

• Total voters
All those top, top players, talking to their agents, "See if you can get me over to Spurs. I want to work with Fo.... Fot... Font,,,,,, What was his name again?"

I'm in two minds as to the most depressing thing about this proposed development.

The manager himself

Or that some of our own fans have already started to justify it.

It's like they get some kind of sordid, sexual relief from Spurs being the laughing stock of football

An underwhelming appointment and clearly about 10th choice of the club. A hire in the mould of AVB and Pochettino. Won various titles in Ukraine- I assume that's no great feat. Probably won't be a big success but you never know.

I wonder what this mob was saying
when Pochettino was hired from Southampton? Same tune as this?

I'm just happy that it seems that we are getting a new coach that plays attractive football. We wouldn't win any titles next year with Conte, Pep or Klipp either. So looking forward to watching Spurs games will be something that I'm looking forward to.

Everybody also is pointing at Levy. I'm pretty sure this is the new DoFs appointment.

I regret the last hour of my life reading all the melts bullshit on here.

Sounds like you would be happy with a Tesco Meal Deal when hungover, rather than a Goodmans Burger delivered to your desk.

No wonder Spurs consistently fail to produce, when the likes of you accept failure, after failure

We've got Fonseca
Paulo Fonseca
I just don't think you understand
He's coming over here
With his wonky f***ing ear
We've got Paulo Fonseca
We've got Fonseca
PAULO FONSECA
I just don't think I comprehend
We thought we might get Poch
Then Conte deal was off
And now we're getting stuck with
This bellend

The perfect yes man for bent Levy .

No demands , cheap , work with aging poor squad , sell best players , no pressure to win anything, start another buy time project which will fail as ever.
Perfect for ENIC FC.
But will probably avoid relegation so look forward to a typical Brighton season
How’s their manager?

I'm just happy that it seems that we are getting a new coach that plays attractive football. We wouldn't win any titles next year with Conte, Pep or Klopp either. So looking forward to watching Spurs games will be something that I'm looking forward to.

Everybody also is pointing at Levy. I'm pretty sure this is the new DoFs appointment.

Hardly the same is it? Pochettino had just guided So'ton to a respectable 8th(?) place in the league playing good football.

I'm just happy that it seems that we are getting a new coach that plays attractive football. We wouldn't win any titles next year with Conte, Pep or Klopp either. So looking forward to watching Spurs games will be something that I'm looking forward to.

Pochettino had already plied his trade in la liga for a number of years showing his potential before taking Southampton to their highest league finish in a decade.

his credentials were far superior to whoever this guy is

An underwhelming appointment and clearly about 10th choice of the club. A hire in the mould of AVB and Pochettino. Won various titles in Ukraine- I assume that's no great feat. Probably won't be a big success but you never know.
How does this make any sense?!!

Potter would have been the unknown underdog... a Brit who could get a chance. Ten Hag seems like the perfect fit - earnt great success, wouldn't demand the world like Conte... Conte and Poch were first choices, but it's not to be. Why do we have to end up with this bloke who nobody even's heard of, whose mess has been given to Mourinho to tidy up??!!!!

This just makes no sense!!! Does he even speak the language?!!

I'm fine with this actually.

Managerial appointments in general are a bit weird. Quite often the most random, out-there appointments are the most succesful. Allegri at Juve being a prime example.

I just hope the club stick to their guns and don't pull the plug because of the fan reaction. If they think he's the right choice then just go for it.

How does this make any sense?!!

Potter would have been the unknown underdog... a Brit who could get a chance. Ten Hag seems like the perfect fit - earnt great success, wouldn't demand the world like Conte... Conte and Poch were first choices, but it's not to be. Why do we have to end up with this bloke who nobody even's heard of, whose mess has been given to Mourinho to tidy up??!!!!

This just makes no sense!!! Does he even speak the language?!!
I don't know?

Everytime Levy makes a stupid penny pinching unambitious decision that has disaster written all over it and people contest it for valid reasons we get the defenders coming out in force calling people melts.

Fair play to Daniel, he really has created a cult at this club, I would be impressed if he wasn't destroying the football club I have loved for 30+ years before my very eyes.

His penny pinching will backfire, yet again, this time he will blame the DOF and his cult fanbase will also blame the DOF and shift blame away from Daniel, rinse and repeat etc.

Back
Top Bottom