Pie&Mash shop in the High Rd

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone that likes liquor simply can't be trusted, off-key bunch. But not as bad as those that partake in eating of the eel. Give this lot a wide berth, in the same category as our brethren from Holland and those that slobber away at pickled herrings. No human being eats that, they are aliens from the deep.
Pie 'n mash ain't pie 'n mash without liquor, with a splash of vinegar. I dare you to say to my face that I can't be trusted :vertna:

Bless her, you would go round one day and there would be pigs trotters in a pot , then another day there would b e chopped up eels in a bowl

Yeah, nans were weird in those days. Mine would cook all the strange bits that we’ll chuck in the bin today. And then eat them!
That generation didn't believe in waste! And you ate what you were given, or went hungry!

Oysters are supposed to be an aphrodisiac but I ate a dozen last night and only ten of them worked.
Great user name BTW.
For some reason I decided to google flaneur (Flâneur)

For the perfect flâneur, for the passionate spectator, it is an immense joy to set up house in the heart of the multitude, amid the ebb and flow of movement, in the midst of the fugitive and the infinite. To be away from home and yet to feel oneself everywhere at home; to see the world, to be at the centre of the world, and yet to remain hidden from the world—impartial natures which the tongue can but clumsily define.

The spectator is a prince who everywhere rejoices in his incognito. The lover of life makes the whole world his family, just like the lover of the fair sex who builds up his family from all the beautiful women that he has ever found, or that are or are not—to be found; or the lover of pictures who lives in a magical society of dreams painted on canvas.

Thus the lover of universal life enters into the crowd as though it were an immense reservoir of electrical energy. Or we might liken him to a mirror as vast as the crowd itself; or to a kaleidoscope gifted with consciousness, responding to each one of its movements and reproducing the multiplicity of life and the flickering grace of all the elements of life.

A load of bollocks, of course but if loafing is involved I'm all for it!
And there was I thinking it was a little quiche!

Love pie and mash. Looks proper decent, funny how West Ham threw away their Pie and Mash shop with the Stratford move and we are now getting one. Benefit of staying within the community.

Good luck to them , they are going to have it off on match days!

Plenty of cockney exiles will be in there lol

I have to admit that I didn't visit the shop on Wednesday as I had the free food in the stadium ;)
Anyway, will look forward to giving it a try when I'm back in the area.

Hi mate! I’m the owner of the Pie & Mash shop! Came across this chat which is great. Yes Tina from the Coach came in, she loved the pies but yes she did give us some good feed back on the Liquor which we have tried to take on board. It’s a difficult one as it seems every one has differing opinions on how the Liquor should be, some say thicker and greener and others say lighter and thinner lol, so it’s hard to know and as you can imagine difficult to please everyone.

essentially we are not a traditional Pie & Mash shop as I’m sure most of you have gathered from the menu but we are trying out best to keep an old institution alive as lots of Pie & Mash shops are dying out. Anyway if anyone has any questions please let me know. Thanks

Levy in / out?

I seriously WAS asking for a friend (well, a rellie). I try hard to be vegetarian, but I cannot resist bangers & mash for example - and I see Tottenham P&M do that too :)

Just one thing puzzles me - traditional Tottenham Cake has pink icing - and on your website it says pink, but on the pdf menu it says blue. Which is correct, or do you do both? (personally I'd have the apple pie & custard anyway lol)

Also - hope you don't mind me saying, but on your menu, plurals shouldn't have apostrophes :) That said, I'd be tempted to leave them in there - it gives the menu a 'home-made' feel. I know - I'm an arsehole.
Originally the Tottenham cake was going to be Pink, but then we decided to make the Icing Blue to fit in with the Tottenham theme.

I think when you remember an area when it was a bit rough around the edges,you don't like the hipster incursion.When you don't they are tolerable.I don't like thenm in Shoreditch either,as i remember when it wasn't like it is now.
Yeah me too. Lived in Shoreditch in the early 90's, most people who swan around there now would have been stabbed in minutes. Halcyon days

I think when you remember an area when it was a bit rough around the edges,you don't like the hipster incursion.When you don't they are tolerable.I don't like thenm in Shoreditch either,as i remember when it wasn't like it is now.
I think definitely some truth to this, I do remember Shoreditch being an edgier place though, not well as it was never somewhere I spent much time but can remember it...I was born in 85 so when I was 10-20 years old those parts of London were different to how they are today. I think with Tottenham it's partly with it being a bit rough around the edges, but it's also just because it's an area that's always been close to my heart, obviously through Spurs but also one side of my family is all from here going back at least 5 generations, I've lived here for nearly 10 years now and was never very far away, growing up in Edmonton and then Palmers Green.

When I lived in Palmers Green, which is where I mainly grew up (parents still live there), Tottenham was always a bit more of a rougher and more exciting area, so yeah...it's strange to see that change.

Back
Top Bottom