Pierluigi Gollini

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I had hopes for Gollini but I have lost a bit faith in him. I blame him entirely for yesterdays goal. He had bags of time to come out and collect the through ball, Rodon was forced into putting it out because he too was expecting the keeper to collect it.
From the resulting corner he just watched the ball roll in without any attempt at a save.

I think this is a result of lack of game time and always the risk if you play the same keeper 95% of the time.

He needs game time for sure.

Such is the life of a back-up keeper.....

YLAkib.png

Peeps are chatting about Henderson, but he's had less than half as many games as Gollini:

YLAUUQ.png

Sorry can’t agree at all here. A corner is a corner. If we concede 5% of corners… each poor play that results in a corner should be 0.05 GA. You can’t just completely blame someone for a goal because the other team scores off one corner and then disregard a mistake because they don’t score off the corner. This sort of logic does not predict future results at all.
I didn't disregard the mistake. Do I blame Gollini for the goal? Yes. Do I blame him the most? Absolutely not, that corner was on Tanganga to clear. Here's another example:

Newcastle at home last year was 3 shitty events in a row that led to a late equaliser. A non-existant foul where Shelvey? throws himself into Hojbjerg, Dier jumping with his back and having his arms on a natural position after the free-kick, and the penalty. Does Dier have any fault in that ? A bit, but not much. The ref was stupid enough to give the free-kick on the first place and then the penalty. You can't take every event isolated, that's not how football works.

Such is the life of a back-up keeper.....

YLAkib.png

Peeps are chatting about Henderson, but he's had less than half as many games as Gollini:

YLAUUQ.png
It's not easy for back-up keepers these days. In the past they could play in the reserves etc but now they only get to play if the first keeper is injured or in a lesser game.

Their lack of game time is always a worry and i'm sure if Gollini had a run of games his confidence would come back.

To be fair how many good keepers are willing to be a No2, knowing they will be benched pretty much every week

It's not easy for back-up keepers these days. In the past they could play in the reserves etc but now they only get to play if the first keeper is injured or in a lesser game.

Their lack of game time is always a worry and i'm sure if Gollini had a run of games his confidence would come back.

To be fair how many good keepers are willing to be a No2, knowing they will be benched pretty much every week

Indeed.

To me the topic of Gollini comes back to the most pressing matter:

If he plays 6 more times then we are obliged to buy him. So, unless we are keen for that to happen, we must avoid playing him and save those remaining appearances for the undesirable potential that Hugo may get injured.

That post doesn’t really make sense.

He’s been at fault for 3 of the 9 goals he’s conceded.

That’s not a 3rd of the goals spurs have conceded this campaign?
I think it's just poorly worded. He's directly at fault for a third of the goals he's conceded is the point I think they are making.

Managed to have both a decent game and an awful game at the same time.

He let in an absolute howler which is what people are going to remember, but also pulled off a good few decent saves.

His main issue seems to be focus, on a lot of the goals that he has conceded he just doesn't seem prepared for the shot coming. And that's a big concern.

10 games, 11 goals conceded, 3 goals his fault and only 2 clean sheets (against Pacos in return leg of ECL qualifying round + against Burnley in Carabao).

So he has had one more direct mistake than clean sheets over 10 games?

What is point of such goalkeeper? We could have continued with Hart as 2nd glove, compared to how he is playing.

not sure he make decent save
there was a shot in second half that hit sanquez and deflected closer to Gollini and he pushe it wide, without deflect it was in corner of goal

Back
Top Bottom