Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Case in point.

You don't mean that though.

If he's a shit as you say, why would you not want ride entirely?
It's not binary.

Perfectly acceptable to feel that PEH is a fine PL midfielder who will do a good job against most Premier League teams but will get exposed against the very best because of his limitations.

Ergo, he is a great squad option but IDEALLY we could have a better CM as our main man in there.

For me... He'd be one of the first on the team sheet.. he gives a aggression and commitment that draws in and pushes others.. from what I've seen, the work he does retrieving the ball and protection of the CBs would v difficult to replace... He does the nasty, and in so gives a balance so others can create. Under Conte , he IS pushing further up the park, and looks like he's aware that Conte and ALL top teams expect middies chippin in with assists and MORE finishes... IF he had the technical skills, that others have pointed out on prev posts, He'd be up there on the world stage with the modrics ect ect as it is he's a double solid regular 7 out of ten, very good premier midfielder... And HONESTLY I'm happy with that ..

It's not binary.

Perfectly acceptable to feel that PEH is a fine PL midfielder who will do a good job against most Premier League teams but will get exposed against the very best because of his limitations.

Ergo, he is a great squad option but IDEALLY we could have a better CM as our main man in there.
That could be applied to the vast majority of our squad.

It's not binary.

In theory..... I 100% agree.

Point I'm making iis that in the case of many that say it; it it's a BS hollow sentiment..... PEH, Winks, Dav, Davies threads are full of examples.

happy star wars GIF by Hyper RPG

It's a cult. Your not allowed to genuinely not be impressed by him. Nice bloke average player very upgradeable. Capable of having really good games especially when we'll rested. Lacks mobility and on occasions shirks responsibility in favour of pointing and performance . This is not hatred he deserves a squad place but I'm not getting why he is beyond reproach.

Who is saying he is beyond reproach? I think most people would agree with your assessment.

But in this moment we have 4 midfielders, 2 of them start, 1 of them is only fit enough to be a sub and the other one is injured. Until that changes PEH will continue to play.

Unless we are getting Frankie De Jong as the replacement it’s a no from me. PEH isn’t the worlds best but is reliable and rarely gets injured, the fee would have to be big and the replacement a step up.

agree, Think he's hugely undervalued by some fans, I think the trust Conte and Jose show in him shows his character.
Real Madrid would've had to dig much deeper in their wallet than they'd be comfortable with for Conte to accept that one

Not unless De Jong, Rice or someone really good comes. PEH is reliable and that is hard to replace. Would have to be an actual upgrade to make it work.
Wouldn't be De Jong as the reduction in wage he would have to take, Conte would probably want someone like Barella but it's too late in the window to get someone in.

Back
Top Bottom