Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Horses for courses IMO - I prefer Bentacour vs weaker, more low block teams (he gives us more natural rhythm) and Hoejberg in the bigger games as he’s more pro-active, as things stand.

I have a similar theory about Davies and Lenglet for LCB.

As long as both players can get enough regular game-time so as to not develop rust then it's a viable game-plan......

Particularly when it comes to CBs.

But Sunday was on Conte. And the 2 CMs and Sessegnon in particular were on a hiding to nothing in that first hour.

^^^^^This. Even then, the guy getting pelters (from the biased) had a decent game.

ZD5BwN3.png

Høj made the SofaScore team of the week as well.

Some will say, "Sofaking what?"

I thought he was fine watching the match live (on TV), but upon rewatching the match, I thought he was one of our better players on the day.

Kante-Jorginho are one of the best CM2 pairings on the planet, and I think Højbjerg + Bentancur did well to ensure that we always had adequate numbers behind the ball.

Last edited:
Funny that even with a goal against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge helping us to gain a valuable point he still has the usual suspects shouting for his benching immediately hahaha. Absolutely blinded by their hateful gaze this lot.
Just a different opinion to you, that’s all

I firmly believe we will be a better side once he’s dropped. He’s a basic, one paced, rigid plodder (imo). Much improved alongside Benta but doesn’t do certain things well enough and holds us back. Good squad player

Last edited:
I dare anyone to show me a footage of him taking at least 2 balls from Chelsea players. Hell you will struggle to find one. He was and he is bang average and always was.
This stats are for fanboys and means nothing. I was watching our midfilders closely. Not a single interception, not a single through pass, not a single enemy attacker beaten.
He may have 100% pass sucess, vut that doesn't speak s**** when all are to the side or back. They were also beaten very easily. Put balls behind them? Easy.
And Emerson so far 2 matches, 2 goala on him. Bang terrible.

I dare anyone to show me a footage of him taking at least 2 balls from Chelsea players. Hell you will struggle to find one. He was and he is bang average and always was.
This stats are for fanboys and means nothing. I was watching our midfilders closely. Not a single interception, not a single through pass, not a single enemy attacker beaten.
He may have 100% pass sucess, vut that doesn't speak s**** when all are to the side or back. They were also beaten very easily. Put balls behind them? Easy.

So you're a massive fan of him then, that's nice.

He has his moments but he is limited, but he did have a decent game against Chelsea and considering who he was up against he must be applauded even if you don't like him or his playing capabilities.

It's a cult. Your not allowed to genuinely not be impressed by him. Nice bloke average player very upgradeable. Capable of having really good games especially when we'll rested. Lacks mobility and on occasions shirks responsibility in favour of pointing and performance . This is not hatred he deserves a squad place but I'm not getting why he is beyond reproach.

Last edited:
The highest amount of praise I'll give him is that he is basically our Henderson, not technically brilliant but always stands up to be counted, head rarely drops and plays the leader role very well. I think he is technically average and he doesn't do well when pressed and his decision making at times is meh but he's always wanting the ball and can play some killer passes and his shooting is generally very good, can see why Conte likes him.

He'd work faaaaar better in a 3 man midfield, I remember when we played Leicester (3-2) and he was outstanding because he didn't need to turn with the ball as much with his back to goal, you get him forward a bit more up the pitch in the forward positions he can be pretty effective.

Good squad player

People should just stop using that phrase.... They don't mean it.

.......As soon as player they don't rate features, the boot gets stuck in; irrespective of performance level.

Last edited:
Him and Bentancur were left to the wolves though. They were 2v4 for the entirety of the 1st half and some of the 2nd half. Of course they couldn't do shit, they were outnumbered all the time.

Him and Bentancur were left to the wolves though. They were 2v4 for the entirety of the 1st half and some of the 2nd half. Of course they couldn't do shit, they were outnumbered all the time.
He is just not top notch player. My opinion is not based on just 1 match. Last year he was terrible in every single Chelsea matches as well.
He is just not a good passer, not good with through balls, not really good on scoring goals, not really good in assists, not really good in holding the ball and bring overall calmness, he is also not good as deep lying playmaker role. I'm not impress in the defensive part as well, there is way, way better option. He is great for rotation and bench player though. Having him in the squad as a option is great, but he should not be our main starter.

People should just stop using that phrase.... They don't mean it.

.......As soon as player they don't rate features, the boot gets stuck in; irrespective of performance level.

Case in point.

He is just not top notch player. My opinion is not based on just 1 match. Last year he was terrible in every single Chelsea matches as well.
He is just not a good passer, not good with through balls, not really good on scoring goals, not really good in assists, not really good in holding the ball and bring overall calmness, he is also not good as deep lying playmaker role. I'm not impress in the defensive part as well, there is way, way better option. He is great for rotation and bench player though. Having him in the squad as a option is great, but he should not be our main starter.

You don't mean that though.

If he's a shit as you say, why would you not want rid entirely?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom