POCH BACK

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you now trade Poch for Mourinho

• Take Poch back

Votes: 72 45.9%
  • Keep faith with Mourinho

Votes: 85 54.1%

• Total voters
It's this acceptance that is the issue. Coming top 4 in the PL or losing in finals, etc should not be acceptable anymore.
Maybe but that bar was only raised due to poch taking us to those heights.

Edit
Also why? We dont spend as much as our rivals we dont pay the wages if our rivals either. If we are demanding trophies then we need to overhaul our wage structure and spend a lot more on transfers although last summer that process may have started to be fair.

He asked for relative success, would you not call those three things relative success compared to where we have been for the past 30 odd years?

They’re an improvement
That’s all
Being successful is winning something with a trophy to prove it
Over the seasons 2015/2016 if you looked at a league table you would find us at the top of it
No trophy 🏆 for doing that

So to cover your first point I don’t believe winning fuck all playing crap pre Poch to winning fuck all and playing good with Poch as being relatively successful
We then reverted to playing crap and winning fuck all again with Poch and I honestly believe that if we hadn’t sacked him we would now be praying that the season will be declared null and void because we would be where the Spam are .......in the middle of a relegation fight

So the title of this thread is ‘Poch Back’

Would you?

Seriously?

Getting to a Champions League final and challenging twice for the Premier League for the first time in decades isn’t ‘threatening trophy engravers’?

No you have to win something unless you count them engraving ‘runners up’?

Poch will have to choose his next club carefully to try and lose the ‘loser’ tag
Celtic his level now

Well then I refer tou back to my original three questions for the past 20 or 30 years we have been largely shit. The odd league cup win is not success I'm sure you would agree.

However you define it poch gave us some of our best years in decades and for that I'm thankful and dont understand the hostility I see from some.

I'm 41 and I never dreamed I'd see us in the champions league final and ge got us there.

I dont understand where this "but he didnt win anything " talk comes from. Were spurs we never win anything ! Its not like he didnt do as well as his predecessors.
It beggars belief mate. It really is hard to get my head around some people trying to belittle Pochettinos achievements. They sound like clueless armchair pundits who haven’t a clue what they’re talking about as opposed to supposed genuine Spurs fans. It just blows my mind the length some Spurs fans will go to to find fault with anyone but the club itself for a lack of success.

It beggars belief mate. It really is hard to get my head around some people trying to belittle Pochettinos achievements. They sound like clueless armchair pundits who haven’t a clue what they’re talking about as opposed to supposed genuine Spurs fans. It just blows my mind the length some Spurs fans will go to to find fault with anyone but the club itself for a lack of success.

If you’re referring to me that’s not true

I conceded that over the years 2015/6 we were the best team in the PL but unfortunately you don’t get a trophy for that

Fact of life

He had by far the best squad we’ve had for a generation but couldn’t get over the line despite giving us some great nights

A golden opportunity wasted so we move on and no I don’t want him back, Levy won’t have him back and Poch doesn’t want to come back

Ok?

If you’re referring to me that’s not true

I conceded that over the years 2015/6 we were the best team in the PL but unfortunately you don’t get a trophy for that

Fact of life

He had by far the best squad we’ve had for a generation but couldn’t get over the line despite giving us some great nights

A golden opportunity wasted so we move on and no I don’t want him back, Levy won’t have him back and Poch doesn’t want to come back

Ok?
That’s all fine, but I don’t understand why people feel the need to make light go what he achieved and prefer to go straight in with the “he’s a serial loser” jibe, as you yourself do, Baz.

What right had Poch to win anything with our squad? Absolutely fucking none. Compared to other teams in the league he spent no money, had a squad made up of cheap punts and youth players that he moulded into a team that he made believe were better than the sum of their parts.

That’s all fine, but I don’t understand why people feel the need to make light go what he achieved and prefer to go straight in with the “he’s a serial loser” jibe, as you yourself do, Baz.

What right had Poch to win anything with our squad? Absolutely fucking none. Compared to other teams in the league he spent no money, had a squad made up of cheap punts and youth players that he moulded into a team that he made believe were better than the sum of their parts.

Ok no one has a ‘right’ to win anything
You have to earn it and that applies to any manager

So despite having a great squad Poch won nothing with us

He didn’t win anything with Southampton

He didn’t win anything with Espanyol

The best chance he had of winning anything with us was the CL but he fucked that up by poor team selection (Harry) and by demoralising the rest of the team by threatening to leave just before the most important match we’ve ever had
As a result not surprisingly we didn’t turn up and lost tamely to a poor Liverpool side on the night

I’ll never forgive him for that so it should come as no surprise that I think he’s a ‘loser’!!

‘Loser’ being defined as someone who doesn’t win!!
And Poch is a serial one!

Bell-end-2.jpg

Man, I didnt know coronavirus affected the brain. You guys are mental to think poch is to be blamed for not winning anything.
Our squad was always, always, always exhausted by February while other squads were good to go until April. They had rotation. We didnt. Simple as that.

18 months without a transfer even though it was clear our defence and midfield were past it/sold.

Absolutely mental.

Man, I didnt know coronavirus affected the brain. You guys are mental to think poch is to be blamed for not winning anything.
Our squad was always, always, always exhausted by February while other squads were good to go until April. They had rotation. We didnt. Simple as that.

18 months without a transfer even though it was clear our defence and midfield were past it/sold.

Absolutely mental.
100%

neither Poch then - nor Mourinho now are to blame for what is happening

shitting on Poch is mental

This is what I don't get amongst the people are talking about Poch as if he was poison to the club. Talk about making a silk purse out of a sows ear, he and his team did an epic job.

When he comes to the end of whatever embargo Levy wrote into his severance - just watch how many clubs want him. ie people who know football, and know how golden the guy and his team are.

People calling him a serial loser are ingrates and ignorant.

This is what I don't get amongst the people are talking about Poch as if he was poison to the club. Talk about making a silk purse out of a sows ear, he and his team did an epic job.

When he comes to the end of whatever embargo Levy wrote into his severance - just watch how many clubs want him. ie people who know football, and know how golden the guy and his team are.

People calling him a serial loser are ingrates and ignorant.

Coming from the master on ignorance

Walkie Talkie man
Lmfao

Absolutely mental.

So he was correct to threaten to leave just before the CL final ???
That’s good management is it?
So he was right to play a player who wasn’t fit for the whole match was he??
More good management???

And who are “you guys”??
What sort of crap is this ???

And what sort of absolute cunt mentions Coronavirus and brain damage

Prick

There is no such thing as 'relative success'.
Are you sure about that? Because if this is true that would mean that every team/entity would have to have the same objectives and utilize the same measure of success ie winning the league.

Back
Top Bottom