POCH BACK

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you now trade Poch for Mourinho

• Take Poch back

Votes: 72 45.9%
  • Keep faith with Mourinho

Votes: 85 54.1%

• Total voters
Mour probably wasn't the correct appointment........might be cynical but if there had been a better option he wouldn’t be with us? Plus I don’t think he’d have left a job for us he was out of work and if reports were to be believed he wanted to stay in London it was either us or the goons.......and we won :mourloopy:

What could be a better option than us?

:mourbringit:

Mour probably wasn't the correct appointment........might be cynical but if there had been a better option he wouldn’t be with us? Plus I don’t think he’d have left a job for us he was out of work and if reports were to be believed he wanted to stay in London it was either us or the goons.......and we won :mourloopy:
See, in my mind, one of the biggest things about Mourinhos appointment is that it somewhat indicates that Daniel Levy talks out of his arse when commenting on managerial appointments and how they’re selected. For as long as I’ve remembered now he’s always towed the line of how any managerial appointment needs to “play in a way that entertains supporters, plays in a way that goes with the traditional Tottenham way” etc etc etc, indicating that all in all, there was at least a footballing philosophy and thought behind managerial appointments. Then, when we finally make an appointment in Pochettino that goes along with this philosophy and we achieve relative success with it, the club then throw this completely out the window, and appoint an all but past it manager, known for playing reactive constipated football.
The appointment just made no sense whatsoever. In fact, it was so off the wall, part of me even thinks it was an appointment made with the possible intention of selling the club, as having a ‘big name’ like Mourinho in charge may boost the profile of the club.

I do have faith in Mou. Truth be told before he was our manager, I always thought he was an arrogant c***, but also a very successful football manager. He won at least a piece of silverware in every club he managed, I do sincerely think we won't be the exception.

I do have faith in Mou. Truth be told before he was our manager, I always thought he was an arrogant c***, but also a very successful football manager. He won at least a piece of silverware in every club he managed, I do sincerely think we won't be the exception.
I don't remember what Jose won at Benfica or Leiera. Can you refresh my memory.

See, in my mind, one of the biggest things about Mourinhos appointment is that it somewhat indicates that Daniel Levy talks out of his arse when commenting on managerial appointments and how they’re selected. For as long as I’ve remembered now he’s always towed the line of how any managerial appointment needs to “play in a way that entertains supporters, plays in a way that goes with the traditional Tottenham way” etc etc etc, indicating that all in all, there was at least a footballing philosophy and thought behind managerial appointments. Then, when we finally make an appointment in Pochettino that goes along with this philosophy and we achieve relative success with it, the club then throw this completely out the window, and appoint an all but past it manager, known for playing reactive constipated football.
The appointment just made no sense whatsoever. In fact, it was so off the wall, part of me even thinks it was an appointment made with the possible intention of selling the club, as having a ‘big name’ like Mourinho in charge may boost the profile of the club.
“Playing the Tottenham way” erm....... hasn’t been all that successful,really.........

“Pochettino achieved limited success “

In Tom’s world this translates into winning fuck all over the two years when we had the best squad in a generation

Even if Timmy was in charge we’d have won something:sherwoodlol:

But that loser just couldn’t do it just like he couldn’t do it with Espanyol or Southampton

Just Imagine if Jose was in charge during that period and the trophies we would have amassed and tell me that we should have Poch back

Hilarious post
😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

Tom, please define 'relative success'...🤔

How many champions league finals have you seen spurs in?

Previous to poch when was the last time we finished above our most hated rivals?

How often have we challenged for titles?
How many finals / semis has Poch won?

Which year did we challenge for the title? Like... truly challenge?

You see 'relative' success, I see failure.

How many finals / semis has Poch won?

Which year did we challenge for the title? Like... truly challenge?
So you dont think the year leicester won it we challenged, even the year after we were the closest .

And again you asked about relative success.

So please answer the questions or define how you see relative success.

So you dont think the year leicester won it we challenged, even the year after we were the closest .

And again you asked about relative success.

So please answer the questions or define how you see relative success.
We finished 11 points behind Leicester.

So we came second (by 7 points to Chavs) and that's 'often challenging' for titles?

There is no such thing as 'relative success'.
Well then I refer tou back to my original three questions for the past 20 or 30 years we have been largely shit. The odd league cup win is not success I'm sure you would agree.

However you define it poch gave us some of our best years in decades and for that I'm thankful and dont understand the hostility I see from some.

I'm 41 and I never dreamed I'd see us in the champions league final and ge got us there.

I dont understand where this "but he didnt win anything " talk comes from. Were spurs we never win anything ! Its not like he didnt do as well as his predecessors.

Back
Top Bottom