Pre-Season 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

...Both Spurs and the Gunners have also been involved in talks over a three-team London mini-friendly tournament at their respective stadiums with Chelsea, which will raise money for charities in the capital.
Trophy for the winner, right?

As I said in the other pre-season thread I'd much prefer we went back to the old ways of doing pre-season where we went to the likes of Bishops Stortford, Stevenage, Leyton Orient, etc. In pre-season I'd rather see us play non-premier league teams that we usually play and I think it's great for these lower league teams to play a bigger team like us for gate receipts and profile.

First couple of weeks is all about fitness so manager's role is only to say 'Good Morning' until about week 3 when football training becomes the bigger thing on the agenda

I am agreeing with your apologist opinion here. It is great that we don't have a manager now they really do nothing and we are better off without them.

All these crybabies whining about not having a manager have it wrong and you and Levy have it right, no need for a manager right now the sports science guys have it handled.
Here's a thought: try making your point without getting personal. Try it, I dare you

Think I went to that. I’ve certainly seen us lose heavily there in a PSF. I do go to Crawley occasionally as it’s half way between where I am now and my parents. The bar at the ground (if open!) is decent. Hastings is a good non league ground too from what I’ve read. Just a bit too far for me.

Crawley is a bit closer for me but Hastings is only around an hour drive compared to a 2.5 hour trip to WHL.

Assuming no transfers in or out this is the squad that Nuno Espirito Santos will probably start pre-season with on Monday.

Given that a number of first team players are or have been involved in Euros or Copa America and are entitled to 3 weeks holidays after the end of those comprtitions and will arrive back at Spurs at varying dates from 3rd week of July onwards, I have included in blue the Spurs u23's likely to make up the pre-season squad - Skipp of course is injured :

GK : Hart, Whiteman, Kurlowicz
CB's : Dier, Tanganga (may be injured), Eyoma (RB/CB), Okedina, (Omole Lyons-Foster, or Paskotsi)
FB's : Aurier, Doherty, Reguilon, Sessegnon, Cirkin, Lavinier (RB/LB)
CM's : Ndombele, Winks, White, Bowden, Devine, John
AM's : Bergwijn, Moura, Lamela, Dele, Clarke, Thorpe, (Markanday and/or Bennett)
Striker : Son, (2 from Parrett, Etete, Scarlett)

Plenty of players for Nuno to evaluate, and maybe 3 or 4 decisions to make on some of the first teamers staying, as well as whether some of u23's should stay as part of the first team this season, whilst the majority of those u23's in blue are likely to go on a loan to aid their development.

Pre-season friendlies​

We are delighted to announce that we shall be live streaming our first three Men’s pre-season friendlies on Spurs TV for free. Further details on how to stream the matches will follow.

This is the perfect chance for our fans to see how the team is shaping up in the first games of Nuno Espirito Santo’s reign.

Our first three pre-season matches have now been confirmed as follows:
• Leyton Orient (a), Saturday 17 July, KO 15:00
• Colchester United (a), Wednesday 21 July, KO 19:45
• MK Dons (a), Wednesday 28 July, KO 19:45

We shall also be taking on Chelsea away (Wednesday 4 August) and Woolwich at home (Sunday 8 August) as part of The Mind Series - raising vital funds and awareness for the UK’s leading mental health charity, as well as our own Foundation. Broadcast and ticketing details on both of these matches will follow.

Away tickets - MK Dons​

Mon 12 July 2021, 19:00|Tottenham Hotspur

We are pleased to announce that 4,000 away tickets will be available for our upcoming pre-season fixture against MK Dons on Wednesday 28 July, kick-off 7.45pm, subject to the easing of Covid restrictions.

Supporters will be able to purchase their tickets directly from MK Dons from 10am on Wednesday 14 July 2021, priced at £20 adults and £10 for Under-18s.

Tickets can be purchased using the link below or by calling 01908 622922.
MK Dons v Spurs - tickets
Accessible tickets can be purchased by email at [email protected] or by calling the MK Dons Box Office on the telephone number above.

Back
Top Bottom