Premier League star arrested on suspicion of rape

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe it’s the pessimist in me but I doubt lessons will be learned. Unless a journalist is sued and has their life ruined, other journos will continue releasing any info for clicks. Even if it is wrong.

Social media is worse. People have zero issue throwing out claims and trying to act smarter than everyone. Reddit had an innocent person marked as the Boston Bomber and spread their face all over the internet. Yet, nobody learns.
You're probably right and I guess it's just the age we live in.

That's not how the law works.

You don't get a trial unless you are actually charged with a crime .

.........Yet you want someone's name dragged through the mud in the meantime
That's the reality of this social media driven World unfortunately, trial by media.

Not a dig at you Tomo btw.

The reality here is that there's sweet fa anyone can do to stop, or even arrest, the speculation. The media have whipped up a storm in full knowledge of what the outcome would be. It drives profits, which is their sole objective.

Lawyers have always been labelled as blood sucking leeches, they're amateurs compared to the press who thrive off human misery.

German Newspaper BILD are reporting that the 29 year old Premier League footballer arrested on suspicion of rape is Son Heung Min of Tottenham Hotspur.

The victim, Rob Holding, 26 years old and a London resident alleges that “Sonny took full advantage of my naivety and inability to defend at Premier League level.”

According to reports, the star Forward later went on to absolutely violate the rest of Mr Holdings Woolwich teammates during a 3-0 victory at White Hart Lane.

It certainly is not looking good for one person at the moment.
I just hope lessons are learned and the way this was leaked/handled is thoroughly investigated.

Innocent people should not be forced to defend themselves because of cryptic messages.

All we should have been told is a 29 yo from North London has been arrested on suspicion of rape.

Not a 29 yo premier league footballer, expected to represent his country in Qatar, from Barnet has been arrested for rape,
Heck, even just a man in his 20s. It’s the exact same age they used to describe the woman. A woman in her 20s… if anonymity is the goal for both, no reason to treat the potential victim different than the suspect.

I know that Mate and my point is there is probably a reason as to why no one has come out to defend him or clear his name..
You've gone a long and round about way of demonstrating that point...

Funnily enough, now that you have actually said what you mean, it seems like you actually have the same opinion as Airfixx Airfixx , in that the person who has been arrested cannot dismiss the allegations on twitter (as they would be lying) and as such it most likely is the person who has been speculated on SM otherwise he or his club would have posted something by now.

If it turns out not to be the speculated party, then would have been very strange that he or his club didn't tagged him in a random post to demonstrate that he cannot be the one in question.

German Newspaper BILD are reporting that the 29 year old Premier League footballer arrested on suspicion of rape is Son Heung Min of Tottenham Hotspur.

The victim, Rob Holding, 26 years old and a London resident alleges that “Sonny took full advantage of my naivety and inability to defend at Premier League level.”

According to reports, the star Forward later went on to absolutely violate the rest of Mr Holdings Woolwich teammates during a 3-0 victory at White Hart Lane.
I can laugh at rape jokes... if they're funny. This isn't funny.

You've gone a long and round about way of demonstrating that point...

Funnily enough, now that you have actually said what you mean, it seems like you actually have the same opinion as Airfixx Airfixx , in that the person who has been arrested cannot dismiss the allegations on twitter (as they would be lying) and as such it most likely is the person who has been speculated on SM otherwise he or his club would have posted something by now.

If it turns out not to be the speculated party, then would have been very strange that he or his club didn't tagged him in a random post to demonstrate that he cannot be the one in question.
Which is funny because he said i was wrong. Oh well.

I think these are 2 separate things entirely though.

Benzema and Ribery hired a 16 year old prostitute.. but they "had no way of knowing her age" so they were not convicted. But all the drama around that got them kicked out of the France national team until a long time after the verdict was given.

The blackmail thing with a team mate is a separate case that is unrelated I believe.
Benzema was kicked out for being involved in the blackmail of Valbuena over a sextape.

Deschamps was kicking out a lot of despicable characters including Ribéry (and Henry and others) who bullied teammates and were engaged in homophobia.

He did, but I couldn't make heads or tails of what you were saying mate, I imagine he had the same issue...

Just seemed like you were having a go at ****** ****** for not making a post on social media for a lot of it.
Not really, my first comment said the silence was deafening. Meaning it hasn't been denied for a reason maybe?

Not really, my first comment said the silence was deafening. Meaning it hasn't been denied for a reason maybe?
A lot was said back and forth since then though, I think that probably got lost along the way, I certainly lost track of it and it seems that's probably what happened with Airfixx Airfixx , though he would have to confirm himself. I can't recall why the too of you began to argue though, without going back to check.

I had that sent to me yesterday on WhatsApp and I panicked for minute (even though I knew it was bollocks) so not funny.

Sorry for the offensive "rape " joke, I didnt mean to offend anyone but I thought that was funny as it was a football joke more than a "rape" joke.
Once again, I apologise for those I offended.
tbh, it wasn't that offensive, just a joke in poor taste that didn't land.

Back
Top Bottom