Premier League star arrested on suspicion of rape

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I didn't say there was anything wrong with thinking that it wasn't one of our players, I questioned whether it was wrong that my first instinct was to hope that it wasn't one of ours. I say this because I feel like when a separate incident happens and my first thing is like I hope none of my friends and family are caught up in it but that's natural as I know them and have a personal/emotional connection with them...maybe it's the same for our players, despite not knowing them per-se we still have that bond with them as we are fully invested in them on and off the pitch.

Anyway just musing really...
Instinct is instinct at the end of the day. I think it’s only natural that people will instinctively hope this doesn’t affect them, or things they care about.

I don’t think you need to feel bad about that. It’s not like you don’t care about the victim, or that you want it to be x player that’s accused. You just don’t want something bad to happen to the thing you care about.

Spurs and Woolwich fans hoping that it’s not one of their players involved isn’t going to change anything at the end of the day. What’s not on is people scoring points about it online, or “banter” posts like Goldbridge got caught out on yesterday.

When I heard 29 year old footballer...North London etc...Is it wrong that my first instinct was that I wish it wasn't one of ours?

Seems mad that we've been conditioned like this or maybe it's just me?

Football tribalism is mad, wish I didn't think like this :thumbdown:
It's perfectly natural. We are hindbrain (mammal) first, forebrain (Human) second. It surfaces in any *interesting* situation, it's just how we work.

I heard that soldiers whose friends have been shot next to them often think 'that almost hit me' before it sinks in that their friend is dead. It haunts them, but it shouldn't. Our defense mechanism is ALWAYS going to be first, there's no shame in that, but it sounds horrible when we break it down on reflection.

Now Ben Davies is having his name dragged through the mud on twitter. Fucking ridiculous.

This is why you don't release info like the media have done.

He's tweeted from his insta to show he's on his honeymoon. Imagine that - supposed to be the happiest period of his life and fucktards on twitter are trying to blame him with zero proof.

Scum

Hope Ben sues the fuck out of the lot of these cunts posting this.

what I was trying to say (inelegantly on reflection) was that if a man committing rape in North London was on the loose, then it is in a reporters remit to warn the public. Similarly if the aforementioned was then in nick, it would be good news for the women in that area
It wasn't meant to be a comment on the specifics of the crime reported

I'll get me coat
That's fair enough. Rape is one of the worst crimes so I get that there are certain responsibilities when it comes to reporting.

Now Ben Davies is having his name dragged through the mud on twitter. Fucking ridiculous.

He's tweeted from his insta to show he's on his honeymoon. Imagine that - supposed to be the happiest period of his life and fucktards on twitter are trying to blame him with zero proof.

Scum

Really? How???

He's literally proven that he isn't the person in question!

Pretty sure Ronaldo and Neymar were falsely accused. I don't like either of them, but Ron doesn't seem the type and I have no info on the Neymar one.
I think the Ronaldo one is pretty murky. Ronaldo has paid the woman off and had a sealed non disclosure agreement with the Woman which she broke by reporting him again but the judge refused to re-open the case and the agreement. I have no clue about the Neymar one. Didn't Benzema also get accused of statutory rape where he slept with an under age prostitute.

Scum

Agreed but I don’t think that I would be on Twatter on honeymoon

TFC maybe so take note when you go on yours as we’ll want pics

CarrieFi CarrieFi

Back
Top Bottom