PSV away - UCL Matchday 3

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We are done in this competition . 2-1 loss . It’s the Europa for us , which if people are honest , that’s are level.
We actually stand a chance of competing in that , could even win it .

We are done in this competition . 2-1 loss . It’s the Europa for us , which if people are honest , that’s are level.

Europa League is our level? In the last 12 months we've beaten Chelsea at Stamford bridge, Man United at Old Trafford, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund home and away, got through to the last 16 teams in Europe & drawn with Real Madrid as well as Juventus away. Europa League is our level?

Top 6 every season for the last decade near enough in the league and top 4 finishes in 5 of those seasons, not to mention the 9 World Cup semi finalists, two of which won prestigious accolades at that tournament it still needs to be said apparently and it still isn't seen as progress! We absolutely warrant our place as a Champions League team, we are a Champions League team and if it wasn't for a slack five minutes away from home which, unfortunately happens in what is an absolute pig of a group with Inter being away first, a depleted team vs Barca at home, Messi now getting injured home and away vs Inter I genuinely think we'd be in cruise control going through to the knockout stages. It's an uphill task but achievable.

Regardless, I find it astounding that you class us as a Europa League level team. Incredible that any Spurs fan would genuinely believe that in my opinion

Last edited:
With all our players back we have a chance of genuinely winning the europa . I’m actually kind of looking forward to it . We stand a great chance .

Cl forget it . We are just there to make the numbers up . Zero chance of winning it . Hence why I think europa is our level

Cl forget it . We are just there to make the numbers up . Zero chance of winning it . Hence why I think europa is our level
You could say that about 25 out of the 32 teams in the group stage of the Champions League. Last season we were very, very close to making it to the last 8 though.

Last edited:
With all our players back we have a chance of genuinely winning the europa . I’m actually kind of looking forward to it . We stand a great chance .

Bill Nicholson would be ashamed of you

This week lots of non league clubs played in the FA Cup but none of them have any chance of winning it. In fact it s unlikely anyone in the Championship will ever win it again. You could go further and say only the top 6 teams in the premiership realistically can win it. So why not eliminate the rest of the teams and just play the competition with the top 6 clubs?
We are lucky that despite not having won anything for years that we support a club that does have a realistic chance of winning competitions. Whilst I agree at present the chances of winning the CL is slim, we must try and go as far as we can each year. If Liverpool can get to the final, so can we.
We are capable of beating anyone on our day ( We beat RM the eventual CL winners) we do have recent history of not performing when we get to the closing stages of competitions but to say we should not try to qualify and would be better in a lesser competition is a backward step. That does not mean that if it happens and we end up in the Europa we should not try to win it. I disagreed with our approach to that competition in the past.

PSV Eindhoven won 6-0 at home yesterday, have won all 9 league games this season and have a goal difference of +33 goals in the process giving them a 5 point lead at the top of the Dutch League. Wednesday night may not be the walk in the park we are all hoping for.

Last edited:
PSV Eindhoven won 6-0 at home yesterday, have won all 9 league games this season and have a goal difference of +33 goals in the process giving them a 5 point lead at the top of the Dutch League. Wednesday night may not be the walk in the park we are all hoping for.

In the Dutch league though.

They'll go for if that's for sure. Lozano and Bergwijn are definitely a threat but we should be able to walk through their defence with ease, they won't have dealt with anyone like Kane. Yeah I know they've played against Messi and Co but Kane will bully them.

Walk in the park? Maybe not. But if we can't beat PSV we don't deserve to qualify if we are honest.

PSV are the dominant team in Holland these days. As much as we and the world in general laud Ajax for their talent factory PSV had won 3 of the last 4 league seasons with Feyenoord winning the one that they did not. And the numbers look similar in the cups.

We should be able to beat them. But it won't be the walk in the park that some are imagining

Fuck off with the negative shit you twat!!!
Go and spout your shit on aftv - fucking gooner

Inter beat them and we should have beaten Inter. Will be a tough one and wont be a comfortable night, that's for sure.

PSV's loss against Inter was mainly self inflicted thanks to the keeper (Zoet) making 2 silly mistakes which led to the 2 goals.

Europa League is our level? In the last 12 months we've beaten Chelsea at Stamford bridge, Man United at Old Trafford, Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund home and away, got through to the last 16 teams in Europe & drawn with Real Madrid as well as Juventus away. Europa League is our level?

Top 6 every season for the last decade near enough in the league and top 4 finishes in 5 of those seasons, not to mention the 9 World Cup semi finalists, two of which won prestigious accolades at that tournament it still needs to be said apparently and it still isn't seen as progress! We absolutely warrant our place as a Champions League team, we are a Champions League team and if it wasn't for a slack five minutes away from home which, unfortunately happens in what is an absolute pig of a group with Inter being away first, a depleted team vs Barca at home, Messi now getting injured home and away vs Inter I genuinely think we'd be in cruise control going through to the knockout stages. It's an uphill task but achievable.

Regardless, I find it astounding that you class us as a Europa League level team. Incredible that any Spurs fan would genuinely believe that in my opinion

You suck so bad.

Bill Nicholson would be ashamed of you

How are you being right pal? We have more chance of winning the Championship than we do Premier League, does that mean we should try to get relegated?

He’s a troll. Don’t engage.

Fuck off with the negative shit you twat!!!
Go and spout your shit on aftv - fucking gooner

I've got the cunt on ignore, but i still know who you are all talking to.

To be fair I see his point. I totally agree with you that we are a CL team, however, are we a genuine contender when it comes to winning it. I think the two questions are quite different

Back
Top Bottom