PSV away - UCL Matchday 3

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we're bang out of luck with Messi getting injured for both Inter games. All we can go is focus on PSV, do our part and hope that the entire sequence of events hasn't gone entirely against us. Playing Inter at Home first time around would have made a massive difference in my opinion but it's still all to play for
Scoring the 0-2 and even the 0-3 when we had the chances in Milan would've made a massive difference, still can't believe we got nothing from that one.

. I don't know why the club so so bothered. I have had mt ST 20 years and still don't have enough points for Barca, even though I am going out. Our loyalty point system is a joke.

One of the reasons you may not have enough points is because people are buying tickets with no intent on going and selling them on (either at a profit or at cost) in this way they keep 100% loyalty points and no one can catch up. Although this policy is not specifically to stop this happening something similar for random games would mean you would be more likely in the future to have enough points as it would deter people from doing this.

I think we're bang out of luck with Messi getting injured for both Inter games. All we can go is focus on PSV, do our part and hope that the entire sequence of events hasn't gone entirely against us. Playing Inter at Home first time around would have made a massive difference in my opinion but it's still all to play for
We should have beaten them away (when they were weak) - could have been great to play them away first game if we could have seen the game out, only have ourselves to blame.

I feel sorry for many of the supporters who have gone out there. Previously peoples names were written on the ticket. This was just a deterrent as police never checked the tickets or passports. Against Madrid last year we had the tickets checked. Those who had bought tickets from friends just wiped the name off with a baby wipe and wrote their own name on. PSV is different. Supporters have to pick their tickes up from the stadium after showing their passports. They are then issued with a band. I don't know why the club so so bothered. I have had mt ST 20 years and still don't have enough points for Barca, even though I am going out. Our loyalty point system is a joke.

If you're a long-term ST holder and you didn't have enough points for Barca then clearly you rarely do domestic aways and possibly not many home cup matches. 260 loyalty points over 4 seasons is achievable as long as you're, well, loyal enough.

This is another good point. Those with enough loyalty points just keep buying away tickets knowing they can sell them on, thus getting more points and quite often a profit at the same time.The old system was far better

Yes this is a problem of course, nobody's denying that (well apart from THST but that's another story...). The old system was no better though. The main difference between now and 8+ years ago is that now we're a fucking good team, and back then we weren't. Therefore loads more people want to go to away games now than used to back then. It'd be no different if we were still under the system of keeping your loyalty points forever rather than only keeping the last 4 seasons' points - we'd still have the problem of people selling on away tickets. It'd just be a slightly different group of people getting tickets, and in fact it'd be even more of a closed group than it is now.

The other side to it of course is modern technology making it far easier to sell tickets on, e.g. with ticketing groups on Facebook, dedicated Twitter accounts for it, etc. In the old days it was much more just word of mouth, so it was much harder to sell. But again, this wouldn't be any different now if we still had the old system.

If you're a long-term ST holder and you didn't have enough points for Barca then clearly you rarely do domestic aways and possibly not many home cup matches. 260 loyalty points over 4 seasons is achievable as long as you're, well, loyal enough.

Yes this is a problem of course, nobody's denying that (well apart from THST but that's another story...). The old system was no better though. The main difference between now and 8+ years ago is that now we're a fucking good team, and back then we weren't. Therefore loads more people want to go to away games now than used to back then. It'd be no different if we were still under the system of keeping your loyalty points forever rather than only keeping the last 4 seasons' points - we'd still have the problem of people selling on away tickets. It'd just be a slightly different group of people getting tickets, and in fact it'd be even more of a closed group than it is now.

The other side to it of course is modern technology making it far easier to sell tickets on, e.g. with ticketing groups on Facebook, dedicated Twitter accounts for it, etc. In the old days it was much more just word of mouth, so it was much harder to sell. But again, this wouldn't be any different now if we still had the old system.

Also there are 20,000 new season ticket holders, and still the same number of away seats.

As i said before, there is nothing stopping any of these from obtaining tickets the same way those without the points do it. Its not a elite group of "who you know" anymore. Its first come first serve, mostly face value and generally if you turn up at a game and keep your ear to the ground you will get a ticket, because people drop out last min.

Except when they change the rules after the applications have gone in.

Bit tricky to call the lineup for today... but given our situation and everything, I'd expect Eriksen to start.

Maybe smth like that -

------------Lloris------------
Aurier-Sanchez-Toby-Davies
------Dier-----Dembele-----
----------Eriksen-----------
--Moura---Kane---Son-----

I doubt that Lamela will be played again in such short interval.
3/4 of the backline has to start again, so seems should Dier. And if Lamela does not play not much alternatives there.

Let's hope for the best, if we don't get the 3 pts today (which will not come easy at all given PSV standings in the league), then we are out of it... COYS!!!

Back
Top Bottom