Racism in football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
And maybe, just maybe that's a false narrative perpetuated by misrepresentation of events.

See, the thing about introspection is that it doesn't mean: just agree with me. Introspection is an examination of oneself, often with the goal of analyzing a potential character flaw. Sometimes, such analysis reveals that the flaw isnt actually there. A good example of this at a societal level is the persistent myth of the Wage Gap. Economist after economist has examined the issue and found that there is no such gap, to the point where only feminists still present it as a credible idea. Societal introspection has thus revealed that thankfully the perceived problem doesn't actually exist.

lol

Until this year Wimbledon didn’t even let female players have the same posh towels as the male players. I suppose it was a “false narrative” that male and female players had different prize money until 2007? Was that another perceived problem that didn’t actually exist?

Our country and its former Empire were built on the subjugation and exploitation of non-white people by white people, and attitudes descended from that period still exist today and permeate every level of our society. If you don’t want to accept that then there’s not much more to say. Our own Prime Minister has a proud history of referring to BAME people in various derogatory ways. But I’m sure that’s just a false narrative too. I’m sure it was just satire on his part.

Good post, so many good things to look back on from this tournament, would be a shame to spoil it over some trolls online , I’m in no way condoning any kind of behaviour but as you said when we see groups from all ethnic backgrounds getting behind England it really does show how far we have come as a country!
Until they miss a penalty, let’s not kid ourselves. Racism is a problem in this country , are we better than some other countries yes , but we are a long way off getting it right .

There's a barrage of this twitter-war speak floating about these days.....

Woke, Virtue Signalling, Libtards, Red Pill, Simp, Gas Lighting blah blah..... Most of it is just ready-to-fire, cliche'd counter-responses that serve little more than to undermine genuine-spirited discussion.
I'm so slow on the uptake because I don't have political arguments or discourse with anyone, not even my family and friends.

But something is absolutely fucked when you have to have a thesaurus open beside you just to understand what the fuck people are on about. I've absolutely no idea what a WOKE is, or what it means. I feel like the only person in the world that doesn't. I go and search its meaning, think I've understood it, then I hear someone spitting it out with absolutely no association to the meaning I've just researched.

But remove these words and the argument almost evaporates, there's no substance or context to an issue because the issue appears to be who is or isn't woke, who is or who isn't virtual signalling, who is or who isn't "projecting". I don't give a fuck. Whether someone is or isn't any of these who gives an actual fuck?

I'm so slow on the uptake because I don't have political arguments or discourse with anyone, not even my family and friends.

But something is absolutely fucked when you have to have a thesaurus open beside you just to understand what the fuck people are on about. I've absolutely no idea what a WOKE is, or what it means. I feel like the only person in the world that doesn't. I go and search its meaning, think I've understood it, then I hear someone spitting it out with absolutely no association to the meaning I've just researched.

But remove these words and the argument almost evaporates, there's no substance or context to an issue because the issue appears to be who is or isn't woke, who is or who isn't virtual signalling, who is or who isn't "projecting". I don't give a fuck. Whether someone is or isn't any of these who gives an actual fuck?
Snowflakes and gammons apparently.

The consensus is it says "shite in a bucket" which is a common phrase in that area. "Shite in a black" doesn't really make sense. You choose to see what you want, its interesting how quickly it all gets whipped up based on little concrete facts. Sheep everywhere.

The way the police work these days, if a high profile black person is insulted , its often automatically treated as racism so they can look like they care (and cos goose steppers like on here would probably be on their case.)
Shite in a bucket does make more sense. Theres just no sign of the 'et' at the end though. If the word black isnt there, then none of it is racist at all. Just cunts who should be fined for grafitti and nothing else.

lol

Until this year Wimbledon didn’t even let female players have the same posh towels as the male players. I suppose it was a “false narrative” that male and female players had different prize money until 2007? Was that another perceived problem that didn’t actually exist?

Our country and its former Empire were built on the subjugation and exploitation of non-white people by white people, and attitudes descended from that period still exist today and permeate every level of our society. If you don’t want to accept that then there’s not much more to say. Our own Prime Minister has a proud history of referring to BAME people in various derogatory ways. But I’m sure that’s just a false narrative too. I’m sure it was just satire on his part.
you are waaaaaaay down the rabbit hole aren't you?

such a basic and ill informed understanding of history

What about the Ottoman empire? Would you say that they were built on the subjugation and exploitation of white, brown and black people by brown people? I mean they conquered large swathes of Europe, the middle east and parts of Africa?

What about Genghis Khan? the Kingdom of Kush? the Mali Empire? the Songhai Empire? Carthage? the Mughals? the Great Zimbabwe? Shaka Zulu's and his Mfecane "crushing" of the surrounding tribes? resulting in upward of one million deaths?

Or do none of those Empires count because they weren't white people doing the subjugating?

We all know that the British Empire did a lot wrong it's an old record now that's been stuck on a loop.

But ffs try and look at the big picture of how humanity has worked for hundreds of thousands of years instead of looking at everything through a racial lens

whataboutism_afterglow.png

And maybe, just maybe that's a false narrative perpetuated by misrepresentation of events.

See, the thing about introspection is that it doesn't mean: just agree with me. Introspection is an examination of oneself, often with the goal of analyzing a potential character flaw. Sometimes, such analysis reveals that the flaw isnt actually there. A good example of this at a societal level is the persistent myth of the Wage Gap. Economist after economist has examined the issue and found that there is no such gap, to the point where only feminists still present it as a credible idea. Societal introspection has thus revealed that thankfully the perceived problem doesn't actually exist.

If you want to make claims of systemic racism, then give evidence of it. Pointing to what some racist cunts did on their own time doesn't cut it, and neither does simply insisting upon 'introspection' until someone agrees with you.

The reason why this conversation always becomes so difficult is because some people think they can sidestep the actual discussion part and go straight to the accusations of -isms.
The gender pay gap in the UK has been declining slowly over time; over the last decade it has fallen by approximately a quarter among full-time employees and by just over one-fifth among all employees.

In 2020, the gap among full-time employees fell to 7.4%, from 9.0% in 2019. Among all employees it fell to 15.5%, from 17.4% in 2019.

From the ONS. Societal introspection in action.

But remove these words and the argument almost evaporates,
there's no substance or context to an issue because the issue appears to be who is or isn't woke, who is or who isn't virtual signalling, who is or who isn't "projecting". I don't give a fuck. Whether someone is or isn't any of these who gives an actual fuck?

The underlined part is spot on.....

Much of it is about superficially being seen by the spectators to "own" the oppo.

You're not alone though, mate.

Last edited:
Shite in a bucket does make more sense. Theres just no sign of the 'et' at the end though. If the word black isnt there, then none of it is racist at all. Just cunts who should be fined for grafitti and nothing else.
Lol
Some people refuse to accept there is racism at all in the police force , it’s all made up . Then when the police call out racism on Rashford’s mural which in a small way supports their position, they don’t believe the police

The irony though is lost on them

What about the Ottoman empire? Would you say that they were built on the subjugation and exploitation of white, brown and black people by brown people? I mean they conquered large swathes of Europe, the middle east and parts of Africa?

What about Genghis Khan? the Kingdom of Kush? the Mali Empire? the Songhai Empire? Carthage? the Mughals? the Great Zimbabwe? Shaka Zulu's and his Mfecane "crushing" of the surrounding tribes? resulting in upward of one million deaths?

Or do none of those Empires count because they weren't white people doing the subjugating?

We all know that the British Empire did a lot wrong it's an old record now that's been stuck on a loop.

But ffs try and look at the big picture of how humanity has worked for hundreds of thousands of years instead of looking at everything through a racial lens
I mean I think the critical question is whether the neoliberal global order can deliver on the promise of universal prosperity and first world living standards, or whether it proves to be neo-imperialism dressed up in ideological clothing.

Climate change is really gonna force the rubber to meet the road in that regard. Northern industrialization is inducing an era of Southern suffering that could rival any of the crimes of European Imperialism.

Lol
Some people refuse to accept there is racism at all in the police force , it’s all made up . Then when the police call out racism on Rashford’s mural which in a small way supports their position, they don’t believe the police

The irony though is lost on them
The reverse is also true, many of those questioning the police in this instance are those that would defend them blindly against other accusations.

The irony though is lost on them.

I don't know a lot about all the others, but the Ottoman empire was actually very egalitarian as long as you were Muslim and good at fighting. At least for the first couple of hundred years. Also very accommodating of other religions.

None of these other empires you mention has a legacy, impact, whatever on the UK today. Part of the reason mention of the white supremacist background of the British empire is stuck on a loop, I would argue, is because so many people refuse to listen.

I mean I think the critical question is whether the neoliberal global order can deliver on the promise of universal prosperity and first world living standards, or whether it proves to be neo-imperialism dressed up in ideological clothing.

Climate change is really gonna force the rubber to meet the road in that regard. Northern industrialization is inducing an era of Southern suffering that could rival any of the crimes of European Imperialism.

the entire history of humanity is the acquisition of resources and zero fucks given about the "other guy"
So on your critical question I think we both know the answer.

I don't know a lot about all the others, but the Ottoman empire was actually very egalitarian as long as you were Muslim and good at fighting. At least for the first couple of hundred years. Also very accommodating of other religions.

None of these other empires you mention has a legacy, impact, whatever on the UK today. Part of the reason mention of the white supremacist background of the British empire is stuck on a loop, I would argue, is because so many people refuse to listen.
Lmao Lol GIF by reactionseditor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom