Racism in football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did it not say 'black bastard' on the mural?
cannot understand people doubting the racism in the Rashford Grafitti, someone has defaced the mural after he missed a penalty, the police say it was racist . Are people asking us to to believe it just said “shocking miss Marcus” . Makes one ashamed to be English
The consensus is it says "shite in a bucket" which is a common phrase in that area. "Shite in a black" doesn't really make sense. You choose to see what you want, its interesting how quickly it all gets whipped up based on little concrete facts. Sheep everywhere.

The way the police work these days, if a high profile black person is insulted , its often automatically treated as racism so they can look like they care (and cos goose steppers like on here would probably be on their case.)

It's not just the racist tweets though..... It's the Rashford mural..... The 'break-in' to the stadium.... The thuggery experienced by a number of Danes..... The general trashing of numerous town centres and fighting with the local police..... Sadly, that's the postcard our 'supporters' sent from the Euros (to the nation and the rest of the world).

Even then..... There's articles and reports all over the shop about 'Gary's Heroes'...... To suggest that there isn't a degree of balance is simply dishonest.
Mate why are you acting like this is a uniquely English phenomenon?

Do you honestly believe that this is the only place where you can find racism, hooliganism, vandalism, littering or mob behaviour in the entire world?
Every where else is pure and we are the ones with the societal problem?

behave

I can point you to a dozen countries ten times worse than this on all of the above counts and that's just in Europe.

I have to keep repeating this as it doesn't seem to be sinking in with anyone, we are talking about the actions here of a handful of idiots and conflating that to a systemic problem.

Maybe one or two people defaced the Rashford mural, I don't know how many racist tweets there were but the ones I've seen number less than 10.

Of the 70 thousand at Wembley (or however many it was) how many of them punched an Italian fan? We are talking about a handful of idiots.

All I'm saying is perspective is important lest we all lose the plot chasing imaginary demons.

The consensus is it says "shite in a bucket" which is a common phrase in that area. "Shite in a black" doesn't really make sense. You choose to see what you want, its interesting how quickly it all gets whipped up based on little concrete facts. Sheep everywhere.

The way the police work these days, if a high profile black person is insulted , its often automatically treated as racism so they can look like they care (and cos goose steppers like on here would probably be on their case.)
Wow

I genuinely have NO idea what it means, I had to google it. Turns out it's a new term, only been around for a couple of years so forgive me for not being up to speed with its so-called meaning.

Reading its definition given in a number of places following my google search I am genuinely still don't get it, or at least for what I think is the most part those using it haven't got a fucking clue. They've seen it used online in an argument and think it all incredibly intellectual so they just spew it out of their trap leaving most scratching their head about what the fuck are they talking about.

It's certainly the buzz phrase of the moment that seems to be adopted by those with intent to show displeasure or annoyance at anyone they think is being disingenuous with a take supporting people who have received racial abuse or inequality.

Should be added to this forum's bullshit bingo list of words it's a surefire banker seeing as it's used so frequently.

There's a barrage of this twitter-war speak floating about these days.....

Woke, Virtue Signalling, Libtards, Red Pill, Simp, Gas Lighting blah blah..... Most of it is just ready-to-fire, cliche'd counter-responses that serve little more than to undermine genuine-spirited discussion.

If we'd have won on Sunday....then there would apparently be no racists in England, cos no one would have defaced the Rashford mural....

Of COURSE there are racists ALL OVER OUR CUNTRY.... they just need an excuse to show their despicable faces...

SUNDAY gave them that opportunity!

They're still here... whether we win or lose. Rashford just gave them enough rope to hang themselves with... (no pun intended!)

So we’re are arguing whether he is a thick nasty person , or a thick nasty racist person.if he qualifies as the former the latter is not a big leap is it

I'm not "acting like" anything.

Do you honestly believe that this is the only place where you can find racism, hooliganism, vandalism, littering or mob behaviour in the entire world?

behave

You "behave"...... You're strawmanning and putting word (after word) in my mouth.

I suggest you stick with what I've actually said... Regardless of the number of offenders; the afformentioned is the proverbial postcard that was sent out by the behaviour of some.

I don't think there's any denying that.

I can point you to a dozen countries ten times worse than this on all of the above counts and that's just in Europe.

I have to keep repeating this as it doesn't seem to be sinking in with anyone, we are talking about the actions here of a handful of idiots and conflating that to a systemic problem.

Maybe one or two people defaced the Rashford mural, I don't know how many racist tweets there were but the ones I've seen number less than 10.

Of the 70 thousand at Wembley (or however many it was) how many of them punched an Italian fan? We are talking about a handful of idiots.

All I'm saying is perspective is important lest we all lose the plot chasing imaginary demons.

....You keep saying that there's no positive reporting post-WC. That's patently untrue.

behave

Its a funny line they walk.

progressives libs: We must fight racism!
Also progressives libs: OH NO Someone who is not white is being racist...better ignore that then!

Also progressives libs: OH NO Someone who is not white is being racist...better ignore that then!

Pathetic post....... Has no correlation to what I posted whatsoever. Pure shit-housery.

"They" - All you have is cliche's, riddles and paranoia.

...Pathetic.

Nobody is ignoring our Home Secretary and people have been calling her out long before the Euros
, if you cannot see that then you are miles off the pace on this topic.

Jonny Mercer a Tory MP , a former minister , a distinguished ex serviceman is saying Tyrone Mings is correct

So is he playing for the wrong team 😂
Season 4 Game Set Match GIF by The Office

Nobody is ignoring our Home Secretary and people have been calling her out long before the Euros
, if you cannot see that then you are miles off the pace on this topic.

I wouldn’t bother. Samisspurs Samisspurs either wouldn’t know a racist if he/she sat on his face or would stoop to ‘flat earther’ levels to deny any racist incident that gets mentioned. You’ll have more luck getting Ronaldo to sign for Spurs than you will getting him to support anti racism movements 👍🏾

An image was posted a few posts up from here. Make of it what you will. Not sure why it needs to be Tommy Robinson for it to be a bad thing.
I didn’t say Tommy Robinson specifically as you well know !

I was alluding to racists like him by saying his name or equivalent so stop twisting things posters say to suit your own agenda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom