Rate This Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How Do You Rate This Transfer Window?

• Total voters
Transfer window closed, so cast my vote for a 6. I like that we got rid of some older, injury prone, bit-part players on high wages. Sissoko and Aurier gone is good.
Like the players we have bought and like the direction we seem to be headed - younger, talented and hungry.
Would have loved striker back up and creativity in midfield but not to be this window.

With the Summer 2021 transfer window now closed, what are your thoughts about our signings, sales and loans?

Players In (reported £59.21m)
Bryan Gil, 20 [Sevilla] Undisclosed (reported £22.50m)
Pape Matar Sarr, 18 [Metz] Undisclosed (reported £15.21m)
Emerson Royal, 22 [Barcelona] Undisclosed (reported £21.5m)

Players In (loan)
Cristian Romero, 23 [Atalanta] Loan
Pierluigi Gollini, 26 [Atalanta] Loan

Players Out (loan)
Pape Matar Sarr [Metz] Loan
Jamie Bowden [Oldham] Loan
Kion Etete [Northampton] Loan
Troy Parrott [MK Dons] Loan
Cameron Carter-Vickers [Celtic] Loan

Players Out (reported £30.43m)
Paulo Gazzaniga, 29 [Fulham] Free
Joe Hart, 34 [Celtic] Undisclosed (reported £1.08m)
Danny Rose, 31 [Watford] Free
Juan Foyth, 23 [Villarreal] Undisclosed (reported £13.50m)
Toby Alderweireld, 32 [Al-Duhail] Undisclosed (reported £11.70m)
Moussa Sissoko, 32 [Watford] £3m (reported £3.15m)
Erik Lamela, 29 [Sevilla] Free
Gareth Bale [Real Madrid] (end of loan)
Carlos Vinicius [Benfica] (end of loan)
Serge Aurier (contract terminated)

U23s
Dennis Cirkin* [Sunderland] Undisclosed (reported £1m)
Timothy Eyoma [Lincoln] Undisclosed
Jubril Okedina [Cambridge] Undisclosed
George Marsh [AFC Wimbledon] Free
Shilow Tracey [Cambridge] Free
Keenan Ferguson [Boston] Free

Players Released
Jack Roles
Kazaiah Sterling

*Spurs have inserted a 'buy-back-clause' plus a 'sell-on-clause into the contract with Sunderland for Cirkin'

Torn between 5 and 6, lot of clever business and managed to hold onto Kane but can’t help but think we’re light in attack. Hope Scarlett is ready to play in the conference league cause IMO Kane shouldn’t be touching that comp until the knockouts. Need to wrap him in cotton wool and avoid him getting a big injury.

Are we ignoring that we have committed to buy Romero for 50m ? The loan gig is just a way round the fact that he was purchased by Atalanta and immediately sold, no? Either way, unless mistaken, this is like the Lo Celso deal, where we have basically bought him, just structured it to comply with rules, no?

Like every window you always want more - why not Messi and Ronaldo they were available? But if you look at what we wanted and then what we got ....

In we wanted several players -

GK - Gollini
RB - Emerson Royal
CB - Cristian Romero
DM - Sarr (but not for now)
AM - Gil (but more winger than AM)
Striker - none

We also gained Sessegnon back from Hoffenheim and Skipp back from Norwich.

Out we wanted several players off the wages -

Foyth, Alderweireld, Sissoko, Hart, Rose, Lamela, Gazzaniga, Aurier

also Bale and Vinicius dropped of the loan wage bill.

You can argue that we should have lost more or different players but overall job well done.

So not a perfect window, it never is, but from goals set to goals achieved I gave it 8/10

Last edited:
Are we ignoring that we have committed to buy Romero for 50m ? The loan gig is just a way round the fact that he was purchased by Atalanta and immediately sold, no? Either way, unless mistaken, this is like the Lo Celso deal, where we have basically bought him, just structured it to comply with rules, no?

Pretty much yeh.

Also, if we're gonna consider loans ended (Bale & Vin) as exits, it's only right we consider loanees returning as incomings for the matchday squad too (Skipp & Sess).

Personally, I think there's a lot to like about the business we've done, but disappointed that we couldn't uncover someone to help supplement the main goalscorers (be that RW-starter or back-up Striker)... That we seemed happy enough to wave 30m-odd around chasing Traore; I'd have hoped Paratici would have something more essential up his sleeve on the attacking front.

6.5/10....... I'd have said 7/10 if my expectations of Emerson weren't second-hand.

I’ve scored it an 8 out of 10

I think we have made decent strides forward in terms of a rebuild this window and have bought/ loaned sensibly whilst adding more to key positions of Gk, RB, CB.

Paratici has performed well in his role so far and especially good to see departures being made in bigger quantities then previous windows.

I think we can expect Paratici to be working hard this winter on shifting Ndombelé in January along with a few others mainly Doherty and Winks.

All in all a good start on and off the pitch with the rebuild keep up the good work Don Paratici And Nuno

COYS

Pretty much yeh.

Also, if we're gonna consider loans ended (Bale & Vin) as exits, it's only right we consider loanees returning as incomings for the matchday squad too (Skipp & Sess).

Personally, I think there's a lot to like about the business we've done, but disappointed that we couldn't uncover someone to help supplement the main goalscorers (be that RW-starter or back-up Striker)... That we seemed happy enough to wave 30m-odd around chasing Traore; I'd have hoped Paratici would have something more essential up his sleeve on the attacking front.

6.5/10....... I'd have said 7/10 if my expectations of Emerson weren't second-hand.

I don't know. I'm really disappointed we didn't manage to sell Kane for a ton of dough and really reshaped the squad.

As far as the players we've brought in, I hadn't seen enough of Gollini, Romero, Gill, Sarr to really make a call.

But at least we did clear out a chunk of flotsam.

I don't know. I'm really disappointed we didn't manage to sell Kane for a ton of dough and really reshaped the squad.

As far as the players we've brought in, I hadn't seen enough of Gollini, Romero, Gill, Sarr to really make a call.

But at least we did clear out a chunk of flotsam.

I wouldn't have been against a new dawn once all the shit-houseing started, but City came no-where close though.....

There was no express re-build likely with what little was being offered..... By the time we'd have ended up splashing big money on a new ST there'd have been fuck all left.

I think when you look at what we have done, we're in the realms of the same KIND of players that would have constituted a 100-120m Kane-funded rebuild anyway.

NET SPEND OF 30m

We have retained 2 of the best strikers in world football.

Top quality New CB and RB to fix our defence and Gil adds some much needed youth to add to our attack.

With Skipp/Sess back from loan and Alli back in from the cold I believe our squad is better than last year; but we are very dependant on Ndombele getting back up to speed by Xmas.

I don't really care to be honest but thank fucking christ this transfer window shit is over for another few months anyway.

I despise these transfer windows and the sooner they get rid of them totally the better. Let every club buy and sell any player whenever they want to.

I don't really care to be honest but thank fucking christ this transfer window shit is over for another few months anyway.

I despise these transfer windows and the sooner they get rid of them totally the better. Let every club buy and sell any player whenever they want to.
Charlie Kane, is that you?

Back
Top Bottom