Rate This Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How Do You Rate This Transfer Window?

• Total voters
spinal tap GIF by Comic-Con HQ

Absolute 10/10 for hiring Paratici and Nuno.

Credit to Paratici for bringing in Serie A best cb and La Liga best rb, after Levy told him to sort of our shit defence.

Credit to Nuno for turning our shit defence into the best in the Premier League, without actually using any of Paratici's talented recruits.

Disappointed that we didn’t get a creative mid and back up striker.

That said, Romero, Gil, and Emerson are exciting signings, and as a club the kind of signings we should be making.

I include pape mata sarr in that, perhaps even more so talent wise but would’ve liked to keep him in the squad.

Collini looks a solid gk signing.

While I like the signings we've made and they're all young and long term, it's a little frustrating that we signed no-one to walk into and instantly improve the starting XI, barring perhaps Emerson at RB. Romero is a clear upgrade at CB but it might be a while before we see him properly.

Keeping Kane is great, but now he needs to knuckle down and get back up to speed. I'm still a little cross about his antics. I'm more than a little concerned that we have no viable backup to Kane at all, be it in case he gets injured or in case his head isn't in the game given the summer shenanigans. A bad injury or a bad sulk on his part and we're stuffed.

On the Traore stuff - a part of me screams "just pay the 50m you tight bald fuck!" but my head says 50m is absurd for a player with those sorts of limitations. So while I would have been happy enough to see him play for Spurs, I can accept not paying that sort of money. We're not Man City.

We've cleared the decks a little too which is good, and I get that would have taken some effort too. I just hope we finally see something from NDomele now. It seems unlikely but if he does start contributing it'll be like a new signing.

6/10. Could have been a lot worse, could have been a whole lot better.

I voted Good.. Shoot me now.

We are still short of a 2nd striker and a defender and maybe some unity. Beyond that it's about the players playing to their potential. That is nearly always the case. If they do then top 6 is possible.

To challenge the top teams this season is all but impossible in my opinion because our overall quality is not there.

But to keep a player most teams would have sold and to start to rebuild has to be seen in the right light.

And if Kane and Ndombele knuckle down and give their all them both can puff their chests out and we benefit.

So a Good window on the face of it.

Absolute 10/10 for hiring Paratici and Nuno.

Credit to Paratici for bringing in Serie A best cb and La Liga best rb, after Levy told him to sort of our shit defence.

Credit to Nuno for turning our shit defence into the best in the Premier League, without actually using any of Paratici's talented recruits.
I have no problem with Nuno. so far so good, however he was not a well executed planned hire. We had been turned down by many preferred choices, Dave Bassett was next if Nuno said no.

7/10
  • Shifted dead wood
  • improved a couple of areas
  • bought the average age of the team down
  • faster team
  • new young energetic blood
GLC and Tanguy are still underachieving, that being said it's part of the coaches job to energise and focus these players as well as develop youth. At the moment i'm believing Nuno was bought in partly for his man management abilities so this is going to be down to him.

It's a shame how Aurier ended but it's likely no bigger teams wanted him and no smaller ones fancied the wages. It was his prerogative to sit tight, his wages for this year would have cost near £4m and it's likely he would have gone on a free anyway. This way we save £4m and remove a player that will likely lack focus.

Sissoko, good luck to the lad, as a footballer he was dros but I personally like the cut of his jibe and I hope he does well for Watford.

The reality is you can't change the entire team in one transfer window, I don't think our DOF has done and awful job, the market is tough for many reasons. I can see us signing another couple of prospects in January. He would have also had conversations with Nuno on his main areas of concern and it seems like defence was the focus.

I totally get the point about us being one injury away from a problem but this is the case for all but the top 2/3 teams, and even they don't have limitless replacements:

If City lose Tores or Jesus...

If Liverpool lose VVD or Saha

If Chelsea lose Lakaku or Werner

So for this season i'm unsure, we have a new coach, DOF and some new blood. It's a massive shift in the last 6 months... I would love top 4 and I think this will be the clubs aim.

It’s hard to truly judge and until we see how everyone fits in. I thought last season we had a great window but in hindsight it was not the best. It’s clear we haven’t addressed all our problems, but I’d like to think we have improved at RB and CB. With Skipp also returning we have improved the midfield so our starting 11 is stronger this season. I am happy some deadwood has gone, but we still some more to shift out. I am happy that our signings are younger, especially with a more pressing style. I’ve given the window a 6 but we won’t know how good it is for a while.

It’s hard to truly judge and until we see how everyone fits in. I thought last season we had a great window but in hindsight it was not the best. It’s clear we haven’t addressed all our problems, but I’d like to think we have improved at RB and CB. With Skipp also returning we have improved the midfield so our starting 11 is stronger this season. I am happy some deadwood has gone, but we still some more to shift out. I am happy that our signings are younger, especially with a more pressing style. I’ve given the window a 6 but we won’t know how good it is for a while.
totally and maybe there will be new energy and a different mentality in the club. This counts for a lot as we've seen time and again

I have no problem with Nuno. so far so good, however he was not a well executed planned hire. We had been turned down by many preferred choices, Dave Bassett was next if Nuno said no.
Indeed. Hence credit shall not be given to hirer.

For taking up a job that no one wants and performs so well, despite early days, credit must be given to Nuno

Some good additions. I did want a solid striker to replace Vinny, and to see some more deadwood out of the club. but overall ok.

If Emerson\Bryan\Romero turn out good I might upgrade it to 8

Some good additions. I did want a solid striker to replace Vinny, and to see some more deadwood out of the club. but overall ok.

If Emerson\Bryan\Romero turn out good I might upgrade it to 8
I don't think you need to sell too many players at once. That just uproots the team too much and the rebuild is unlikely to be easy or fast. When we bought 9 players after Bale left, the newly assembled team didn't exactly click for a year or two... The outgoings have been fine. We could even have kept Toby, or Sissoko... I do think that if we had pushed for another loan for Bale this year, that could have solved all our problems. Play him as a goal scorer when we need him, not as a winger... then it doesn't matter if he tracks back so much. He'd provide those goals the team needs... I would have liked to see another year for him at Spurs.

4. Not good enough

My evaluation is towards a context. The context is the PL. Does the window bring us closer to or further from respectively 1st, 4th, 17th and 20th? Our splendid start has little to do with new signings.

- Not good enough towards clawing back territory from competitors (their players develop too, mind) thus making up ground on 1st and 4th.
- Not good enough towards ENICs own explicit "ambitions" of CL football and trophies.

Funny thing that. Context.

If only ENIC were honest, said we are starting over, fuck European football, we want trophies in 10 years not now, dump ticket prices and made a massive surge on youth player and development expenses, then I probably would have celebrated keeping Kane and purging e.g. Sissoko and Aurier as huge successes (even if the latter two was just sinking the costs of previous cataclysmic failures, £50m + wages between them). Oh well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom