Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

81298018-C88-D-479-D-A510-C9460-CC986-C3.png

Tottenham 2 AC Milan 1 in April 1972 at White Hart Lane. Mike England heads over the bar in the UEFA Cup Semi Final, 1st Leg.

81298018-C88-D-479-D-A510-C9460-CC986-C3.png

Tottenham 2 AC Milan 1 in April 1972 at White Hart Lane. Mike England heads over the bar in the UEFA Cup Semi Final, 1st Leg.
One of those magical European nights, topped with a brace by the lovely Stevie. Fantastic atmosphere, it was my first experience of watching a really big European team at The Lane.

Probably the best best 45 minutes of football I have ever witnessed. Scintillating stuff, no team on Earth could have stayed with us that night, and Hoddle was supreme.
and Cruyff apologised to his team for trying to mark Hoddle. Although even at 36, he still scored a great goal in the second half I think. Also, a young Rudd Gullit played. Great night.

I find that photo quite sad to be honest, compared to how the shelf used to look.
There was a season in the 90s when just that tiny bit of the shelf was the last bit of standing at WHL. That looked very sad. Also, should definitely have had a cheap ‘popular side’ aspect to NWL.

Remember the start of that season when that fucking arsewipe Scolar had ripped out the finest bit of terracing and the best standing view of a pitch anywhere in the world, all to put in some fucking boxes. That stand should have been Grade whatever listed. Archibald Leitch, football architectural genius

As for Scolar, I'd happily pay for someone with no human feelings to do unspeakable things to him for all the fucking damage he caused us. And video it.

Remember the start of that season when that fucking arsewipe Scolar had ripped out the finest bit of terracing and the best standing view of a pitch anywhere in the world, all to put in some fucking boxes. That stand should have been Grade whatever listed. Archibald Leitch, football architectural genius

As for Scolar, I'd happily pay for someone with no human feelings to do unspeakable things to him for all the fucking damage he caused us. And video it.
One million percent agree with the first paragraph.

Back
Top Bottom