Retro Spurs photos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Glenn left two years before Chris, Scholar heard Venables was available and used his friends in the press to get Pleat back in the papers again (the original story conveniently resurfaced) and sacked him but we had to wait around 10 games until El Tel turned up and had caretaker management (Clemence and another whose name escapes me).

Edit: seems it was Trevor Hartley and Doug Livermore between Pleat and Terry Venables
Doug Livermore and Ray Clemence 1992.

Fa8kfgjWIAAtxOE

Sorry, but there has to be a realistic cut off for what constitutes as a 'Retro' photo...

Don't get me wrong, it's a lovely photo, full of recent memories from a wonderful period for our club...
but it is NOT retro... it's from a coupla years ago FFS....

I know 'cycles' come round faster these days, but i'd say at least 20-30 years counts as retrospective!... not last week!!

Surely the fact that every player in that photo (except maybe Rose now) is still playing rules it out as 'retro'?

I've got tins in my kitchen cupboard older than this photo!!

You may as well have posted a screenshot of Kane scoring at Stamford Bridge and called it 'retro'... 'cos that was at least 2 weeks ago!!!!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom