Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Richarlison is one I can't let myself get too excited about until it's over the line. Brazil's number 9, he's top 4 material. But it wouldn't surprise me if we get Diaz-ed and a team like Chelsea gazump us at the last minute. So let's see. Great signing if we can pull it off.
it would be a big signing. having that sort of player to be able to rotate in the front line is the stuff of serious clubs. it would be like how liverpool have jota as backup for the main front 3.

when was the last time we took another prem teams best player and its intention wasnt even to be one of our main players but more as a squad rotation...its huge. great statement

Richarlison is one I can't let myself get too excited about until it's over the line. Brazil's number 9, he's top 4 material. But it wouldn't surprise me if we get Diaz-ed and a team like Chelsea gazump us at the last minute. So let's see. Great signing if we can pull it off.
Yh I have reservations in the fact that if others come in and offer him to be the main man he might prefer that

Lol@the diving thing too, how shocking that a South American player who is game as fuck to get stuck in every game and works his socks off and gets the cunt kicked out of him stays down a bit.

Must be one of the most fouled players in the league for about the last 5 years.

Last edited:
Lol@the diving thing too, how shocking that a South American player who is game as fuck to get stuck in every game and works his socks off and gets the cunt kicked out of him stays down a bit.

Must be one of the most fouled players in the league for about the last 5 years.

"Staying down" has nothing to do with whether a player dives or not.

Lol@the diving thing too, how shocking that a South American player who is game as fuck to get stuck in every game and works his socks off and gets the cunt kicked out of him every down a bit.

Ahhaha what a weird logic.
Richarlison is dirty, diving cunt. Good player, but let’s call thing for what they are.

Son vs Richarlison, in the first 4 seasons at Spurs/Everton. I excluded Son's first as that was a big outlier.
Richardlison goalsSon goalsRichardlison assistsSon assists
They played a similar number of games. Some of you are completely deluded if you think Richarlison wouldn't be a quality signing.

You can easily attribute the difference in assists to the fact that Son has played with Kane, Dele, Eriksen, while Richarlison played with Calvert-Lewin, Cenk Tosun, and fucking Theo Walcott.

He could easily be our Diogo Jota.

The more I think about it, the more I'm all for it. Knows the league and is flexible in terms of positioning across the front line, which is perfect considering our current players up front (and seeking to rest Kane where sensible).

There might even be a slice of luck for us in that he plays for Everton - if he wasn't, I could see Liverpool being tempted to bring him in a la Díaz and gazump us.

I'm also 100% convinced that if/when he's our bastard, the entire fanbase will love him.

I'd rather spend the money on a player who we know can do it in the premier league, not taking a punt on somebody in another league and then hoping they do well, Don't want another Lo Celso/N'dombele waste of space...

Son vs Richarlison, in the first 4 seasons at Spurs/Everton. I excluded Son's first as that was a big outlier.
Richardlison goalsSon goalsRichardlison assistsSon assists
They played a similar number of games. Some of you are completely deluded if you think Richarlison wouldn't be a quality signing.

You can easily attribute the difference in assists to the fact that Son has played with Kane, Dele, Eriksen, while Richarlison played with Calvert-Lewin, Cenk Tosun, and fucking Theo Walcott.

He could easily be our Diogo Jota.
When you think about how crap his team mates are, that's not too shabby. He'd be like a filthy Lamela update but with superior results.

I think he could be sensational in a top side when managed properly. I also like the fact that he is hypercompetitive and a bit of a cunt to play against, could be a very good fit with Conte.

The more I think about it, the more I'm all for it. Knows the league and is flexible in terms of positioning across the front line, which is perfect considering our current players up front (and seeking to rest Kane where sensible).

There might even be a slice of luck for us in that he plays for Everton - if he wasn't, I could see Liverpool being tempted to bring him in a la Díaz and gazump us.

I'm also 100% convinced that if/when he's our bastard, the entire fanbase will love him.

And it's a big if but he would be exactly the kind of player who would have easily made a difference in a lot of those tight big games.

To stop him, Kane and Son would take some doing.

The guy is a perfect fit to play alongside or at times instead of Kane or Son or both.

And a first time in the CL, he will see it as a great opportunity. No doubt in my mind.

I'd rather spend the money on a player who we know can do it in the premier league, not taking a punt on somebody in another league and then hoping they do well, Don't want another Lo Celso/N'dombele waste of space...
Spot on. I'm tired of waiting for players to adapt, hoping they come good, etc. I'm tired too of buying players with 'potential' (one or two youngsters, okay).

Let's get ready-made players in and go full throtle - which seems exactly what Conte is after. Richarlison will be a great addition to the team.

Everton fan here.

Didn’t realise you had a Richarlison thread so I posted something in your transfer thread earlier, anyway. Richarlison will give you absolutely everything. He never stops running and your fans will all love him in no time at all. I don’t know a single Everton fan that doesn’t love this lad. He scored 6 goals in 9 games after he promised he would keep us up, and he gave us absolutely everything. He played mostly out wide for us and he had Rafa, and Carlo getting him to do a lot of defensive work in a team that barely creates chances. At use I think he will score and create a lot more with so much talent around him.

Back
Top Bottom