Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’ll pay for his ticket myself if they come back in for him.

Can’t wait to be rid of this useless poseur, even his poncey tattoos wind me up.
Not been up to scratch so far, but I’ve still got hope he’ll turn things around. Thing is, he doesn’t have that many matched between now and January to take his chance.

He’s a professional - We are idiot fans - He needs to be able to tune us out/ignore us. Not like he’s getting abuse at the stadium (and rightfully so). So he needs stay off social media - focus on the job.

He can ask Emerson for advice on being the consummate professional/having a strong mentality.

History says it's only a matter of time....... Dav & Royal both unjustifiably booed last season.

I think he won't have any doubts about going to Saudi. And I hope we can sell him as soon as possible. He's not good enough.

January or next summer. We can't keep him as a project.

It´s actually disgusting booing our own players, unless of course they do an Hossam Ghaly!
Didn't Granit Xaha also 'suffer' the same fate...?

Yet he seemed to turn it round for a bit....

Booing your own players is abhorrent, and totally self destructive, but doesn't necessarily mean the end of the road for that player...
...even Davison Sanchez recovered form a BIT from his booing episode (before he left!)

We've had a few get booed down the years (Paul Stewart got it at one point), I hate it when it happens... but I don't think Spurs fans are alone in doing it....

He doesn’t get abuse at the games. It’s more moans and groans because he constantly makes mistakes. It’s not as though he reads forums like this and he’s worried what we think!!
Agree but I bet he reads Twitter and Insta replies, he’s responded in the past

Agree but I bet he reads Twitter and Insta replies, he’s responded in the past
He needs to stop doing that … He’s a professional. Stay off the social media - He should have people who manage social media for him.

There is no upside for Richy (or any professional athlete) in reading what a bunch of moron supporters (and that includes everyone posting on this Board) - or worse rival fan agitators are saying about him - particularly as Richy appears to be thin-skinned/sensitive.

Last edited:
History says it's only a matter of time....... Dav & Royal both unjustifiably booed last season.
A dark day for this club. A day where match going fans should have felt ashamed riding the train home.
even Davison Sanchez recovered form a BIT from his booing episode (before he left!)
My respect for him after that was at an all time high. He barely reacted and his next game he got an opportunity he just tried his hardest. If he leaves us soon I do hope he gets some success, he seems like a wonderful person.

He needs to stop doing that … He’s a professional. Stay off the social media - He should have people who manage social media for him.

There is no upside for Richy (or any professional athlete) in reading what a bunch of moron supporters (and that includes everyone posting on this Board) - or worse rival fan agitators are saying about him - particularly as Richy appears to be thin-skinned/sensitive.
A week ago I might have agreed with this. He's highly paid, he should harden up and get over it.
But I am reading about a local pro athlete over here who days before playing a cut thoat final (equivalent to an FA Cup/European QF) decides the hustle and bustle of life as pro athlete is too much and attempts to commit suicide. This was him last week.

In this post-covid world I guess none of us know how the guy next to us is going. So look out for your mates.

View: https://twitter.com/danenglish69/status/1700486266209374488?s=20

If Richy is struggling physically and mentally, even if nowhere near as bad as the fella above then we should get behind him as fans and make whatever goal he scores the biggest cheer possible. Make him feel wanted and appreciated at the very least.

Kane will try to score. If there's no where for him to go he'll try to win a free kick by drawing a foul.

Richarlison has nothing much in his locker, or in his mind other than going down, holding an ankle and his face and acting like he's dying.

He will drive all of you bonkers in no time. He will be dropped the first time he stays down and the ball goes up the other end and they score.

Utter waste of money.
11th June 2022

My first opinion in this thread
Once we signed him, I was willing to give him a chance, because at that money, I'd be mad not to want it to work out

But at this stage, I'd write this one off ASAP. If we can get £20m in January, take it. For us AND for him.

Back
Top Bottom