Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is good at them though..... He's just not at the level of Son & Kane (but very few are).

......What was the other bit about buying Liverpool's players and Sane all about?
I was referring to the two players they have bought, Diaz and Nunez. I’m just saying if we had got one of those instead of rich our front four would look great. We could have pushed the boat and gone for the guy from Italy who we have been linked with before. Can’t remember his name though😀

No one said he isn’t a bad signing. I think most are thinking that for £60M we will expect more. Also fir that money could we have got someone better perhaps?
Interested in who you think is better for the money ?

(That we could get. I’m sure someone will say Haaland and think they’re smart).

(That we could get. I’m sure someone will say Haaland and think they’re smart).Ha

(That we could get. I’m sure someone will say Haaland and think they’re smart).
obvs halland is a better player and would have been out of our range regards wages. However Nunez perhaps, Jesus who cost less as well, to name a few.

True but that is more skewed for free transfers or players with say 1 year left. So lower transfer but higher wages. Although some players would perhaps move for less if circumstances were right.
No

Sterling cost them 150M, no sell on value.

Rich costs us 120M, sell on value of 30M - 90M.

What’s the best deal?

I was referring to the two players they have bought, Diaz and Nunez. I’m just saying if we had got one of those instead of rich our front four would look great. We could have pushed the boat and gone for the guy from Italy who we have been linked with before. Can’t remember his name though😀

Nunez cost more and is far from a dead-cert. He might struggle in the prem for all you/they know and either way he's gonna have to be a massive hit to balance off against the loss of Mane,

Maybe you missed the soap opera in Jan but we tried to buy Diaz too, but he prefered Liverpool..... Luckily enough, the guy we did get out-performed him

Martinez? You can't buy him if they club don't want to sell.... (Nor would you get him for less than Rich.)

Lastly our front 4 does look "great". Our starting 3 is as good as any front 3 in the league and Rich is a worthy addition to add depth and versatility.... Might end up with another too before the window shuts.

Last edited:
Same!

“Go on Ricky laaaaa”

We need a more London-centric twist on things:

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

Never though he was worth that money. Especially if chavs get sterling for £47M who has a much better stroke rate. What Rich’s strike rate for Brazil where you’d expect him to get more chances?
Ooh, I say! How often does he stick it in, though?

giphy.gif

I think he's looked good in his games so far. He seems a threat when running in behind. So much so that defenders foul him to stop him. A few of the instances so far in pre-season would be bookings in the Prem. And he def would have finished a few if they hadn't chopped him.

Think he's a great addition.

I think he's looked good in his games so far. He seems a threat when running in behind. So much so that defenders foul him to stop him. A few of the instances so far in pre-season would be bookings in the Prem. And he def would have finished a few if they hadn't chopped him.

Think he's a great addition.
There's a lot of room for improvement, but there are no better mentors than Kane, Son and Conte to get him there.

Excited to see what he can do.

Exactly, he's exactly what you think when you say "good quality depth". A good price at 40m, but signficantly overpriced at 60m.

Still, we decided to swallow the extra premium cos this is an area of need, and we happen to have made good savings on Bissouma, Perisic etc.

Yeah it's no big issue. If he fills a much needed space in the squad & Conte wanted him, it's fine. Much better than walking away and 'making do' for the season. I just think people will probably need to manage expectations with the 60m fee.

Back
Top Bottom