Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"No such thing as best XI anymore" always was hot air.......

Yeah of course. As if VVD, Alisson, Fabinho, Salah, Mane, Thiago, Robertson, TAA etc aren't locked in every week for Liverpool unless they're injured, coming back from injury or badly need resting between CL games.

It sort of applies to City but even then there's a spine who play every week he just liked to rotate the front 3, which was helped by not really having any stand out obvious star in there but excellent depth. Not the case for 99% of teams.

It would be a case of form, if Son has 3 bad games then he should be dropped for him.

Otherwise just injuries and resting players, we have 4 competitions this season so he will almost certainly get a lot of games.
This.

Sonny had a relatively poor game, by his standards, yesterday. Richarlison wasn't available so it was a free hit for him.

Now he will have it in his head that if he doesn't maintain some consistency, Richarlison will be chomping at the bit to take his spot. If it hasn't yet, it soon will when Conte drops him for Richarlison.

I think this has registered with Deki as well. If you want to keep your spot, you have to perform at a consistently high level.

Just for that level of competition, the ยฃ60M was well spent.

This.

Sonny had a relatively poor game, by his standards, yesterday. Richarlison wasn't available so it was a free hit for him.

Now he will have it in his head that if he doesn't maintain some consistency, Richarlison will be chomping at the bit to take his spot. If it hasn't yet, it soon will when Conte drops him for Richarlison.

I think this has registered with Deki as well. If you want to keep your spot, you have to perform at a consistently high level.

Just for that level of competition, the ยฃ60M was well spent.

Yep the ยฃ60m for Richarlison is not just about him itโ€™s about kicking all our other forwards up the arse, they will have to be on it this season.

Yeah of course. As if VVD, Alisson, Fabinho, Salah, Mane, Thiago, Robertson, TAA etc aren't locked in every week for Liverpool unless they're injured, coming back from injury or badly need resting between CL games.

It sort of applies to City but even then there's a spine who play every week he just liked to rotate the front 3, which was helped by not really having any stand out obvious star in there but excellent depth. Not the case for 99% of teams.

......Even then most of Peps criticism stems from tinkering. (See CL final)

We have no idea how it will pan out or what Conte is thinking. None of our new signings started yesterday and I think it will take a while for them to start. Conte will stick with those players who know his system well and who prove they deserve to start over what we have, which wonโ€™t be easy because our first XI is purring.

I think what is clear is that Richarlison has three positions he can slot in so will see plenty of game time.

We are playing twice a week after next weekend for 3 months. I expect all four of the attackers to start equal games and be rotated. Hopefully Gill breaks thru and makes it 5 into 3 as I canโ€™t face that scuttler Lucas playing regularly

He doesn't. You need depth and maybe start in other games but strongest 11 in the big games with everybody fit he doesn't get in. People were obviously thinking kulu would drop out but imo he is looking our best attacker and son and kane won't be dropped.
Both Son and Kane will start PL and CL games from the bench, as will Kulu and Rich

Back
Top Bottom