Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It wasn't me but I definitely backed against him getting 20 just because of a shrink. Didn't realise he was injured and required surgery to hit some form.

He doesn't need to hit 20 for the vast majority to have been wrong about him.

I particularly enjoyed his efforts at not celebrating 2 fantastic goals yesterday. Particularly the first one, definitely accelerating for a knee slide, then suddenly ‘oh shit, need to keep it classy.’

I don’t really see him as a replacement for anyone, cause there’s something a bit different and a bit special about this guy. And I don’t think this is just a purple patch, now he’s injury free, Might not get a goal every game but he looks like he’s really enjoying his football now and he’s a proper threat.

2 goals aside I thought he was poor today tbh. Hold up play was terrible.
Scored 2 great goals which is his main job. But he did give the ball away a lot including twice in the build up just prior to Kulu brainlessly giving away the foul that led to their 2nd goal. Is in a rich vein of form but still not convinced he is what we need long term

Scored 2 great goals which is his main job. But he did give the ball away a lot including twice in the build up just prior to Kulu brainlessly giving away the foul that led to their 2nd goal. Is in a rich vein of form but still not convinced he is what we need long term

yea I agree....if richarlison reaches 15-20 goals a season...I will say keep him.

With that said, his overall game is still nowhere near good, he lost the ball 20 times yesterday (46 touches) and his passing is below average...first touch isn't great....etc.

Possibly when he looks comfortable in one on ones and scores them.

But he's got his mojo back, no question.

Those goals yesterday were Kanesque. If he'd scored those we'd just laugh, "that's Harry for you!!"

Check out his disallowed "goal" v Brentford. Very cool chip.
Two instinctive finishes, it’s when he’s got time to think that he looks more cumbersome.

Also his general play yesterday was the worst for a while

Had a conversation with someone early in the season saying he could get 15 prem goals.

They laughed at me and told me to be realistic.

Can’t remember who. Anyone want to own up?

Side note: Does this mean I get to keep my user name?
Me. I never thought for a second he could get that number considering how poor he was early in the season. Since his op he’s looked a different player and is so much tidier now. Can’t fault him right now and his two goals yesterday were clinical and the sign of a player in top form full of confidence.

I will hold my hands up when I’m wrong and in this case at this point in time I was wrong. He’ll get closer to 20 if he keeps going the way he is.

He will never be good enough at this level. The sooner we move him on & get in a replacement, the better
It's been a while since I was last in this thread. Interesting that this is the first post I saw when I opened the thread.

So far this Prem season, 10 goals & 3 assists from 20 starts, so on course for a 15-20 goal season.

Never be good enough?

A World Class Salah only has 4 more goals from exactly the same amount of games.

It's been a while since I was last in this thread. Interesting that this is the first post I saw when I opened the thread.

So far this Prem season, 10 goals & 3 assists from 20 starts, so on course for a 15-20 goal season.

Never be good enough?

A World Class Salah only has 4 more goals from exactly the same amount of games.

He only has 15 starts... Not 20.

1 x goal every 119mins.

1 x G/A every 85mins.

Me. I never thought for a second he could get that number considering how poor he was early in the season. Since his op he’s looked a different player and is so much tidier now. Can’t fault him right now and his two goals yesterday were clinical and the sign of a player in top form full of confidence.

I will hold my hands up when I’m wrong and in this case at this point in time I was wrong. He’ll get closer to 20 if he keeps going the way he is.
Fair play to you mate.

Wasn’t expecting anyone to come forward.

20 Prem goals is actually good value for a 60m player. Imo 15 and the work he puts in to press and link play is worth it too

I'm glad he's proving me wrong. Hated him for watford and Everton and never saw anything alluding to him being an £40m+ player. (Twice)
Just got on my tits with the theatrics all the time.

Well done lad.

Back
Top Bottom