Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

yeah to be a shit stirring inconsistent fuck who is world class when he feels like it

Well then I guess the club and fans would benefit greatly if we make him "feel like it", instead of cunting him off and saying that a striker who had 8 shots on target in an entire season has performed better than him.

Funny how the biggest defence of Soldados shit season is "Ade is unreliable" or "Ade had a poor season 2 years ago".....laughable deflection

SoldadoSOTSComparison.jpg

OH SHIT NOT A FUCKING GRAPH!!! :avbshock:

I feel well and truely put in my place now :chicco:

seriously though I don't use Ade to try and defend Soldado, I just think we need to look at the fact Ade will be off for a month at a crucial time again next season

I know the ACoN has to be played in winter an all but that fucks us royally point blank period especially if he's our main man.

Last edited:
I would agree if players like Veron, Schevchenko, Forlan, Rebrov, Postiga, Marlet, Poborsky etc hadnt all come here and turned into shit
Most of those are from a decade ago, look at the players that have come from La Liga in the last couple of years, most of them have settled into great pl players. Torres, Michu, Mata, Carzola, Negredo etc. Thats a select bunch of players but Soldado is well amongst their quality. He had a poor season last year but I honestly don't get the disbelief people have in him. Unless people get their full footballing opinion from match of the day. His movement is top class, that's his main asset but that's all you need sometimes.

Most of those are from a decade ago, look at the players that have come from La Liga in the last couple of years, most of them have settled into great pl players. Torres, Michu, Mata, Carzola, Negredo etc. Thats a select bunch of players but Soldado is well amongst their quality. He had a poor season last year but I honestly don't get the disbelief people have in him. Unless people get their full footballing opinion from match of the day. His movement is top class, that's his main asset but that's all you need sometimes.

I don't know that any of those players, outside of maybe Cazorla, had good enough seasons this past year to consider them quality, reliable players. In all fairness, a few of them had injury issues and one of them played for Man U, but still... I wouldn't say any of them were undeniably star players. And Torres has gone from demi-god to woeful, so there's that.

I don't know that any of those players, outside of maybe Cazorla, had good enough seasons this past year to consider them quality, reliable players. In all fairness, a few of them had injury issues and one of them played for Man U, but still... I wouldn't say any of them were undeniably star players. And Torres has gone from demi-god to woeful, so there's that.
Torres has lost it. Michu been injured, Mata not Mourinhos friend and Negredo had an injury in Jan that he's still carrying now, was quality until that. I think they've all undoubtedly been quality in the Prem though, as I write that I realise Torres, Michu and Negredo have all had pretty serious injuries in the premiership:soldadowtf:

Similarly, I have no idea why people are convinced he will come good.....I hope he does, but it doesnt make me talk myself into creating a myth that he has been anything other than diabolical. His movement is not good at all.

He's a poacher who is never in the box for start...

Ok I will translate it for you, as I too hate graphs/stats

The cold hard facts are, Soldado had 7 shots on target last season......he also had 76 shots.

Time people stopped blaming the service.

Yep because we were clearly a shit hot bed of creativity only missing a natural goal scorer last season.

Ok I will translate it for you, as I too hate graphs/stats

The cold hard facts are, Soldado had 7 shots on target last season......he also had 76 shots.

Time people stopped blaming the service.

You're using stats a lot here.

As per my normal posts, it's important to get the figures right if you're going to use them

http://www.squawka.com/players/robe...e#8#season-2013/2014#64#all-matches#1-38#zone

That's 16 shots on target from 50 in the PL (not 7 and 76)

(50 shots corroborated here)
http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/players/profile.statistics.html/roberto-soldado

Not a clue where you're picking & mixing your stats from there

Not a clue where you're picking & mixing your stats from there

Making them up lol

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/first-team-profiles/roberto-soldado/

As you were...

Oh yes CJJ....bravo yet again.

"Soldado was not shit last season because Andy Carroll is shit"
"Soldado was not shit last season because Rooney was shit the other year"
"Soldado was not shit last season because Shevchenko was shit for Chelsea"
"Soldado was not shit last season because Adebayor had a bad season 2 years ago"

Ade was PL proven at two clubs and had a shit hot first season for us. Big difference.

What a muppet

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/first-team-profiles/roberto-soldado/

As you were...

Oh yes CJJ....bravo yet again.

"Soldado was not shit last season because Andy Carroll is shit"
"Soldado was not shit last season because Rooney was shit the other year"
"Soldado was not shit last season because Shevchenko was shit for Chelsea"
"Soldado was not shit last season because Adebayor had a bad season 2 years ago"

Ade was PL proven at two clubs and had a shit hot first season for us. Big difference.

What a muppet

Umm it says he has 76 shots in all competitions, with 67% shooting accuracy.

I'm sure you can handle the maths enough to know that's 51 shot on and 25 shots off target?

Judging by that page, you've read "Subs on - 7" as somehow related to shots?

It's not even about Adebayor, you've blatantly skimmed over the part in the post where I said

"(This is a comparison on season to season improvement, not player to player before that starts)"

It's incredibly feeble to try and start up some sort of witch hunt for Soldado, whilst condemning people who show concern for a man who is "proven" only to be volatile when faced with discipline.

Last edited:
Similarly, I have no idea why people are convinced he will come good.....I hope he does, but it doesnt make me talk myself into creating a myth that he has been anything other than diabolical. His movement is not good at all.

He's a poacher who is never in the box for start...
I have faith because I've watched a lot of him at Valencia, and he's usually a very potent striker. I had faith in Ade after his poor displays in 12/13 as I've seen what he did the year before. Suppose one link you can make between Ades poor season and Soldado this season is they both experienced a huge personal loss in their respective family. Striking is such a form game and stuff like that obviously effects your morale. Get Soldado in front of players who understand his movement and we're dandy imo. Suppose we'll find out next year.

The last thing you want to do is sell your potentially world class Spanish goal scorer when you just fucking implemented a Spanish speaking sexy football Argy set up. Lamela too these cunts are gonna be gold under this new style Poch brings. We need a fucking quality LB over anything and maybe even a quality LW would be nice as Chadli seems more of a utility player.

Back
Top Bottom