Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Umm it says he has 76 shots in all competitions, with 67% shooting accuracy.

I'm sure you can handle the maths enough to know that's 51 shot on and 25 shots off target?

The OS can use percentages to spin things in the way you do, all they want.

We all know he only had 7 shots on target in the PL all season though. Not ok.

And its not a witchhunt. My opinions are based on his poor performances. Ive siad several times if he stays its a clean slate.....doesnt mean he wasnt shit though.

The OS can use percentages to spin things in the way you do, all they want.

We all know he only had 7 shots on target in the PL all season though. Not ok.

Do we?

If that's the case, he scored 6 PL goals with them 7 shots, making him 86% likely to score.

#Lethal

In seriousness, I assume you're saying "I don't care if I'm wrong, I'm still right"

I am ready to be optimistic and hope he fits into Poch's system better, but shots on target stats are not really what you want looking back on a season.

Do we?

If that's the case, he scored 6 PL goals with them 7 shots, making him 86% likely to score.

#Lethal

Two were from open play in 28 appearances....you think that's lethal then good for you.

A striker should shoot on target more than once every 4 games

Last edited:
I am ready to be optimistic and hope he fits into Poch's system better, but shots on target stats are not really what you want looking back on a season.
I think we should forget the fucking circus of last season, clean the slate and start afresh - that goes for every player btw, not just Bobby

Last edited:
Two were from open play in 28 appearances....you think that's lethal then good for you.

A striker should should shoot on target more than once every 4 games

He never will when you make up stats to condemn him.

Those in possession of their faculties know he did. Irony is, the goals against the 'pub teams' don't count, yet most of the 'misses' that people bang on about were in the Europa...

scores? doesn't count.
misses? hold it against him constantly.

:goonermong:

He never will when you make up stats to condemn him.

Those in possession of their faculties know he did. Irony is, the goals against the 'pub teams' don't count, yet most of the 'misses' that people bang on about were in the Europa...

scores? doesn't count.
misses? hold it against him constantly.

:goonermong:

He was shit. Thats my only problem with him. I saw him play with my own eyes....the stats mean nothing essentially. If he played that shit but actually had at least a shot on goal every game, but scored NO goals, I would see more potential for it to come good than I do now.

He was shit. Thats my only problem with him. I saw him play with my own eyes....the stats mean nothing essentially. If he played that shit but actually had at least a shot on goal every game, but scored NO goals, I would see more potential for it to come good than I do now.

I sincerely look forward to him being given the chance to prove you wrong. Things will change massively under Poch, and I have a feeling Soldado will benefit.

I sincerely look forward to him being given the chance to prove you wrong. Things will change massively under Poch, and I have a feeling Soldado will benefit.

If he stays I hope he proves me wrong too....cant say it enough.

For me personally, I dont need to pretend he's been anything other than woeful to give him a chance. Maybe you need that pretence to show him support next season, so if he comes good you "win"...who knows.

He was shit last season....if hes brilliant next season, it wont change that. But everyone wins.

If he stays I hope he proves me wrong too....cant say it enough.

For me personally, I dont need to pretend he's been anything other than woeful to give him a chance. Maybe you need that pretence to show him support next season, so if he comes good you "win"...who knows.

He was shit last season....if hes brilliant next season, it wont change that. But everyone wins.
Do you not see the similarity of people condemning Ade after 12/13 and people condemning Soldado now. Also I'm sure he had about five shots on target against Newcastle at home, really don't understand this insistence that he had seven shots on target when the stats you posted to back that up show he had 50ish

Do you not see the similarity of people condemning Ade after 12/13 and people condemning Soldado now.

No, because as I said, Ade had banged in 18 goals for us the season before, proving himself at this club.....and he was already PL proven at two other top 4 clubs prior to that.

We can only hope Soldado comes good in England.

We know 100% Ade is good in England.

No, because as I said, Ade had banged in 18 goals for us the season before, proving himself at this club.....and he was already PL proven at two other top 4 clubs prior to that.

We know 100% Ade is good in England.
So you're saying that his record in La Liga is pointless until he replicates it at PL level. That's fair enough, I honestly think he'll make it though. Think the main problem with Soldado is that you have to cater a system around him whereas Ade you can just relatively chuck in. If Poch can make Ricky Lambert seem quality though I'm sure he can utilise Soldado better than AVB or Tim.

My hope is that Pochettino's system will see us peppering the box with crosses, through balls, first touch stuff and one-two's, and that a Soldado full of confidence will have the time of his life feeding off much greater service than last year. Make it so Mauricio :pochlol:

we can do more than hope we can try to help him by supporting him and not slagging him off relentlessly

because we know 100% Soldado is a goal machine on the football pitch and last time I checked football pitches in Spain and England were pretty much the same

few more cloggers in England though lol

Last edited:
we can do more than hope we can try to help him by supporting him and not slagging him off relentlessly

because we know 100% Soldado is a goal machine on the football pitch and last time I checked football pitches in Spain and England were pretty much the same

few more cloggers in England though lol

If Im at the game I will sing his name, and shout encouragement at his every touch.

On an internet forum, I dont need to pretend he has been good, so his head wont drop, I can speak my mind.

The English/Spanish football pitch comment shows why you should stick to baseball

If Im at the game I will sing his name, and shout encouragement at his every touch

well you'd be one of the few then :adethumbup:

the thing with internet forums and the like though is they can be used to sow the seeds of discontent, so it's alot more beneficial to spread positivity than negative bollocks

as far as the pitches, I thought they were green with white lines on them and 22 players the world over, guess I was mistaken

as far as baseball goes there's few things more amazing in sports than a pitcher pitching a perfect game it truely is a sight to behold lol ya soppy cunt

baseball is kinda shit though in the grand scheme of things lol

Back
Top Bottom