Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How far gone (in every sense) is Bobby Soldier? By that I mean confidence and home sickness. My heart says Poch and Poch's system of play will potentially get the best out of Soldado. But only if he really wants to stay and make amends. Is his head already back in Spain!

And because of this, I,m completely on the fence with RS. I so want him to stay and redeem himself and produce. But should we have a chance of getting our money back and investing it elsewhere. Then I,d be equally happy!

If he stays. As always he will get 100% support from me!

COYS!!

Evening Sammy,just a thought,if he was a proven PL success,why did the two top four teams not keep him?

Dont know what happened at Woolwich, but they also got rid of RVP, Nasri, Fabregas among others. Were they not proven PL successes?
I remember Utd selling Ronaldo once too.

City spent a few hundred million on two or three more strikers, and I guess Ade didnt want to sit on the bench and ended up falling out with Mancini (like every other player does).

Difference with all those players listed is that they made it public that they pretty much wanted to leave their clubs. Ronaldo, like Bale, left because of the size of the fee involved too.

Adebayor was told he wasn't wanted at Woolwich, and Mancini spent very little time with him before informing him he was not wanted at City. Adebayor famously suggested Mancini 'google him' to prove he was good enough.

I don't think anyone is questioning the quality of that man on his best day, we saw that in the first 10 games or so, but as fans we only see/hear what the club and media grant us.

The real concern is, despite the quality he does possess, every club he's been at have eventually got rid of him with no sense of regret. I mean, there's something a bit amiss, look at the season he had for us, then City just asked for £5m, then practically gave that money to him?

just for reading -

his thoughts on leaving Arse
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/feb/28/emmanuel-adebayor-Woolwich-manchester-city

'Google me'
http://www.espnfc.com/manchester-ci...-roberto-mancini-struggles-at-manchester-city

If Pochettino can inject some pace into our midfield and attacking play, I think we'll see a much more effective Soldado. I'd love him to do well because he seems to be a "heads down, get on with the job" type of player and we need more of those, rather than posturing social media buffoons.

Regarding Ade, as others have said, on his day he can be unplayable but for whatever reason, those days are comparatively rare. He also seems to be a divisive and disruptive figure who makes some questionable decisions about presenting himself publicly - for example, the celebratory photo on twitter of him and Beni, grinning like a couple of twats after we'd been caned.

I know Ade's had some really bad personal experiences and I sympathise with that but he has fallen out with so many clubs and managers. I don't think we want any distractions or ego meltdowns when Pochettino is trying to put a team together.

Difference with all those players listed is that they made it public that they pretty much wanted to leave their clubs. Ronaldo, like Bale, left because of the size of the fee involved too.

Adebayor was told he wasn't wanted at Woolwich, and Mancini spent very little time with him before informing him he was not wanted at City. Adebayor famously suggested Mancini 'google him' to prove he was good enough.

I don't think anyone is questioning the quality of that man on his best day, we saw that in the first 10 games or so, but as fans we only see/hear what the club and media grant us.

The real concern is, despite the quality he does possess, every club he's been at have eventually got rid of him with no sense of regret. I mean, there's something a bit amiss, look at the season he had for us, then City just asked for £5m, then practically gave that money to him?

just for reading -

his thoughts on leaving Arse
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/feb/28/emmanuel-adebayor-Woolwich-manchester-city

'Google me'
http://www.espnfc.com/manchester-ci...-roberto-mancini-struggles-at-manchester-city

Ade has been here for three seasons yet only played for 2 and a half of them.

Brilliant first season.
Shit second (but still widely ignored that he only made 4 more appearances than this year)
Excellent this season.

Why are you so obsessed with how he left Woolwich and City, but not so interested in the 61 PL goals he scored for them?

He is not a problem here. I couldnt give a fuck if he pissed those two clubs off.

Last edited:
Ade has been here for three seasons yet only played for 2 and a half of them.

Brilliant first season.
Shit second (but still widely ignored that he only made 4 more appearances than this year)
Excellent this season.

Why are you so obsessed with how he left Woolwich and City, but not so interested in the 61 PL goals he scored for them?

He is not a problem here. I couldnt give a fuck if he pissed those two clubs off.

I don't think Ade was excellent this season. He had a few good games .

Soldado scores 2 goals from open play from 54 shots. Unless we are buying suarez to win us countless penalties, only a stupid cunt on crack can think sh*tdado will turn it around.

Soldado scores 2 goals from open play from 54 shots. Unless we are buying suarez to win us countless penalties, only a stupid cunt on crack can think sh*tdado will turn it around.
Ah, you needn't answer my previous question. It is clear to see your stance on the matter.

Welcome back Gibbsy.

iz futbal iz futbal Please elaborate on your disagreement, as I stated a fact that Soldado's La Liga scoring record is better than Ade's Premier League record.

What is there to disagree with?
You are comparing two different things completely ignoring the strength of the leagues. In that case, lets buy Jordan Rhodes. He's broken records in League 1 and 2. All we need is a manager who will make him replicate his League 1 form. He's more goals in the last 5 years in his league than Soldado in la liga. So fooking what? In the real world soldado's goals in la liga or goals vs n00bs of the first round of europa league mean absolutely fookall in the Premier League.

Evening Sammy,just a thought,if he was a proven PL success,why did the two top four teams not keep him?

Carlos-Tevez-Man-City.gif

I really want Robbie to turn it around. He's having a baby (posted a photo on Instagram), and I know that the miscarriage was a big factor in his loss of confidence last season. Poch can actually speak to him and figure out what the hell is going on (as can the other coaches now) if he does hit another slump. When Soldado finally scored last season and looked like he might have a chance to get back on form stupid ass Sherwood benched him. Plus, I like a player that will (every now and then) throw a mean elblow into someone's face.

As ever, I shall act as the answer to your own question that shouldn't need to exist....

Dont know what happened at Woolwich....

....City spent a few hundred million on two or three more strikers, and I guess Ade didnt want to sit on the bench and ended up falling out with Mancini (like every other player does).

Back
Top Bottom