Roberto Soldado

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No one is saying the top La Liga isnt the best in the whole of europe. Theres Real, Barca and Athletico and then a whole pile of crap. Even Swansea beat Valencia just this last season ,3-1 aggregate.
Athletico have only just broken into the very top of La Liga. Looking at the lower ranked clubs Spain have produced the UEFA/Europa cup winner six out of the last ten years. EPL have produced just one, Chelski - perennial champions league qualifiers.

Athletico have only just broken into the very top of La Liga. Looking at the lower ranked clubs Spain have produced the UEFA/Europa cup winner six out of the last ten years. EPL have produced just one, Chelski - perennial champions league qualifiers.

Bit confused as to what you mean as Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea have all won the CL in the last 10 years, with Chelsea winning a Europa League two.

Bit more than 'just one', so not sure what you mean?
:saha:

Bit confused as to what you mean as Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea have all won the CL in the last 10 years, with Chelsea winning a Europa League two.

Bit more than 'just one', so not sure what you mean?
:saha:
Okay I'm not referring to CL? Rather UEFA/Europa cup/league.

Talking about some of the lower ranked clubs as a reference to the strength of the teams lower in the respective leagues. La Liga has produced more completion winners the EPL over the last ten years. I'm not just talking about Real/Barca v Man U/Chelsea. The earlier comments were that EPL is stronger outside top teams than La Liga. I don't see it in more recent times.

One result by Swansea proves nothing.

Okay I'm not referring to CL? Rather UEFA/Europa cup/league.

Talking about some of the lower ranked clubs as a reference to the strength of the teams lower in the respective leagues. La Liga has produced more completion winners the EPL over the last ten years. I'm not just talking about Real/Barca v Man U/Chelsea. The earlier comments were that EPL is stronger outside top teams than La Liga. I don't see it in more recent times.

One result by Swansea proves nothing.
?

Ive always thought why cant we have 20 vs 20 home and away La Liga vs Premier league once a year, see who is the best, would be interesting games all the way through

So true. If that idiot cant score against the weak weak teams of the PL, he must be one of the shittest players in the world. But theres always a few stupid cunts on forums who think its the remaining 10 players and the managers fault that this prick cant score.
Shut up Verheijen

:baletroll:
:adebaehug:

SPURS LOOKING TO SHIFT SOLDADO It looks like Tottenham are prepared to take a big hit on Roberto Soldado if the Daily Express are to be believed.

The striker endured a difficult first season at White Hart Lane, and was linked with a return to La Liga with Atletico Madrid before they signed Mario Mandzukic.

It appears that Inter are now leading the chase for Soldado, and according to the Express they could get their man for as little as £15m.

If we were Spurs, we'd sell and move on.

SPURS LOOKING TO SHIFT SOLDADO It looks like Tottenham are prepared to take a big hit on Roberto Soldado if the Daily Express are to be believed.

The striker endured a difficult first season at White Hart Lane, and was linked with a return to La Liga with Atletico Madrid before they signed Mario Mandzukic.

It appears that Inter are now leading the chase for Soldado, and according to the Express they could get their man for as little as £15m.

If we were Spurs, we'd sell and move on.

I'd take 15 million. And spend it on whoever was setting him up! For him to get so many goals with terrible movement, physicality, moderate speed and zero tricks in his bag you have to think who the hell was putting it on a plate for him season after season?

I've never seen a player bring so little to the team with zero ability to adapt to our possession game. No guile, no drop of the shoulder, no understanding his teammates style, no winding up oponents or keeping them on their toes etc. he didn't even use his role as a striker to draw defenders to bring in other players to find gaps.

He had nothing that seemed to be worked out set peice wise. Walked around if we had deep throwins. Would not bust a gut if we break from defending a corner to counter.

No partnerships, no swagger. Just back to goal crabbing from side to side giving our midfield NOTHING to read.

10 million is a massive loss. But essentially playing with 10 men could cost us more long term.

I'd take 15 million. And spend it on whoever was setting him up! For him to get so many goals with terrible movement, physicality, moderate speed and zero tricks in his bag you have to think who the hell was putting it on a plate for him season after season?

I've never seen a player bring so little to the team with zero ability to adapt to our possession game. No guile, no drop of the shoulder, no understanding his teammates style, no winding up oponents or keeping them on their toes etc. he didn't even use his role as a striker to draw defenders to bring in other players to find gaps.

He had nothing that seemed to be worked out set peice wise. Walked around if we had deep throwins. Would not bust a gut if we break from defending a corner to counter.

No partnerships, no swagger. Just back to goal crabbing from side to side giving our midfield NOTHING to read.

10 million is a massive loss. But essentially playing with 10 men could cost us more long term.
Levy's hoping he comes good i dont see him taking a loss like that

Levy's hoping he comes good i dont see him taking a loss like that
Will he really go for more than £26 million? At 29? Even if he has a blinder of a season?

Very much doubt it, I think we paid slightly over the odds for him anyway and it was our excitement of bringing a player of his goal getting quality in, that clouded our judgement on the large fee.

But Levy will try and get as close as he can to the amount we paid, but at this moment, £15 million seems a pretty good amount.

If we did get a 15ish million pound bid I have a hard time not seeing Levy accepting. We all know how Levy hates not getting value on aging players and even if Soldado does have a bounce back season, he'll never get full price back for what he paid with Soldado turning 30 before next season. If he has a bad season his value will be very low. I'm sure in Levy's mind he'd rather not risk it and would take the 15 if it came.

Id still keep him, may be in the minority on that one but hey ho. We didnt play to his strengths last season, and if Poch can get him doing the same thathe got Lambert doing last season then we'll be rather happy

First off, yes he had a pretty shite season last year.

However, Gibbs, I've got to disagree with a lot of your specific criticisms.

I thought Bobby's movement in the 1st half of season when he was actually being played was pretty intelligent. Each game I went to (and I didn't find it as evident on the games I saw on TV - just sayin') I was always impressed with his off the ball work.

First off, yes he had a pretty shite season last year.

However, Gibbs, I've got to disagree with a lot of your specific criticisms.

I thought Bobby's movement in the 1st half of season when he was actually being played was pretty intelligent. Each game I went to (and I didn't find it as evident on the games I saw on TV - just sayin') I was always impressed with his off the ball work.

His off the ball work was diabolical. It consisted of back to goal side to side crabbing waiting for it to be played to feet. Everything he did was tracked, snuffed out and predictable and he disappeared for vast amounts of games. He could not hold up shit, defenders were not run ragged by him, they were never fatigued marking him, never battered or bruised etc. He was never switched on and a beat behind everything.

He never looked like striking up any kind of understandings/partnerships etc.

The worst aspect was when we found him, his deer in the headlights routine compounded his failings as a team player.

15 million for someone who was swallowed whole by the prem? Yes please.

Id still keep him, may be in the minority on that one but hey ho. We didnt play to his strengths last season, and if Poch can get him doing the same thathe got Lambert doing last season then we'll be rather happy

The prem does not provide the luxury of tap ins or pinpoint balls to feet just inside the box.

His strengths are tailored for a different league.

Back
Top Bottom