Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was a little perplexed that people were starting to turn him into the latest scapegoat. On the whole our end of season was pretty decent.
The alternative was chucking Winks in ffs.

This chap was instrumental in us getting CL footie. Surprised how little chat is on here about him. Love how he plays, looks like a winner, only 24, does the nice stuff but also gets stuck in. Looking forward to seeing him next year.

This chap was instrumental in us getting CL footie. Surprised how little chat is on here about him. Love how he plays, looks like a winner, only 24, does the nice stuff but also gets stuck in. Looking forward to seeing him next year.
He's a solid decent player

I don't think he'll ever be more than that though

Can't argue at the value for money though

Agree 100% , the guy looks so calm and assured , definitely has his best years ahead of him . An absolute bargain at £17M !!

He's basically Winks if Winks wasn't shit. A very good player to have in the team, but he's not the guy that stands up to Tchuemeni and Camavinga, Kimmich and Goretzka in a tough CL away game.

He's basically Winks if Winks wasn't shit. A very good player to have in the team, but he's not the guy that stands up to Tchuemeni and Camavinga, Kimmich and Goretzka in a tough CL away game.

Going to be an interesting fight for who starts with Bissouma next season .. that is if we assume Bissouma will be immediately first choice. Skipp/Hojbjerg/Bentancur all fighting for that second midfield slot and all offering something a bit different.

I don't think there's a huge gap between the ability of any of them personally.

Going to be an interesting fight for who starts with Bissouma next season .. that is if we assume Bissouma will be immediately first choice. Skipp/Hojbjerg/Bentancur all fighting for that second midfield slot and all offering something a bit different.

I don't think there's a huge gap between the ability of any of them personally.
Yeah, PEH/Bentancur are really close. I think the decider will be whoever can show more attacking prowess. Both can deliver a decent final ball but neither good in front of goal so far.

Skipp is more of a DM (so far). He's also a bit of a bruiser, a lot of players will back off after the 5th crunching slide tackle.

I reckon Conte will sub on Skipp a lot just to see out games we're leading. Similar to how he did with Rodon and Sanchez.

Yeah, PEH/Bentancur are really close. I think the decider will be whoever can show more attacking prowess. Both can deliver a decent final ball but neither good in front of goal so far.

Skipp is more of a DM (so far). He's also a bit of a bruiser, a lot of players will back off after the 5th crunching slide tackle.

I reckon Conte will sub on Skipp a lot just to see out games we're leading. Similar to how he did with Rodon and Sanchez.

If we went and got Eriksen our CM options would be as varied & deep as I can ever remember them. Probably unlikely now though, would be a lot of midfielders to have for a team that nearly always play 2 in midfield.

Back
Top Bottom