Rodrigo Bentancur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All these players getting scared about missing out the WC and he’s doing sprints with an injury to celebrate with his teammates.

We honestly need more people with his grit and passion for the club.

Great to see and love the guy.

.....Compare to that £40m wet-wipe, Lo Celso. :contefacepalm2:

Honestly has been one of our best signings recently and to think how little he cost as well.

So happy to have him here and hope he goes on to have a successful career with us.

Him & PEH...... £32m for the pair.

welcome-to-jazz-club-fast-show.gif

We're such a weird club, the quality of signings are almost negatively correlated with the price.
It’s really odd with us.

I think most of our solid signings were fairly cheap and yet our record ones have been really poor.

I’m hoping with the back room overhaul, we make more astute signings over the next two windows.

I admit I was on the Bastoni train when we were linked but if we do get a CB/LCB who I don’t know much about, I’ll be more optimistic.

It’s really odd with us.

I think most of our solid signings were fairly cheap and yet our record ones have been really poor.

I’m hoping with the back room overhaul, we make more astute signings over the next two windows.

I admit I was on the Bastoni train when we were linked but if we do get a CB/LCB who I don’t know much about, I’ll be more optimistic.
Players that come from Super League clubs have a decent hit rate. Where we've been repeatedly stung is big fees for players from second tier continental clubs (Sanchez, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Gil?), often a season after they had been sold previously. Homegrown players are so expensive that the flop rate is massive for most clubs in England.

But there is some interesting stuff in Soccernomics, which shows that the majority of transferred players under perform at their new club.

Back
Top Bottom