Roll Call for Fans Never giving a Penny to ENIC again

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What if the season goes surprisingly well? Playing devils advocate ofc.
Really does depend on what we are able to forgive. The problem at Spurs now is that we have actually forgiven a lot over a long time so that anytime it goes a bit south all the bad things come back to layer current deserved criticism.

And somethings I have personally never been able to forgive. I have been furious about Kane’s disposal because when it’s happened before it ends up with Frazier Campbell. It’s been 13 years since Levy mugged us there but I am still fucking angry over that. Carrick was 15 years ago. Still makes me cross. The Rasiak deal for Jol. Fuck….. the anger gets layered so even a good season is never compensation I feel.

Have decided myself I won’t be investing anymore under ENIC and Levy. I think more and more fans are starting to turn. I wanted to give them this summer to see if they could draft in a manager of quality, but once again we are a shambles. Not good enough.
I haven't given them a penny since they failed to back Poch in back to back windows, that's when the penny finally dropped for me that they didn't give a shit about this football club other than to make profit.

And I was proven right.

I respect anyone’s opinion about what should happen with our club.

However, Enic are not going anywhere. We are way to expensive to buy out. It will take an enormous bid to buy us. But anyone not wanting to be at games, buy merc or drinks/food, fair enough- your decision.

Just got confirmation from the club that myself and son have cancelled season tickets. 300loyalty points down the drain.

mixed feelings but a few straws this summer broke

2 seats now available in the south stand section 324

300 loyalty points is nothing compared to the million loyalty points ENIC flushed down the drain with us fans.

So you would be happy with finishing below Southampton in the league in 11th if we won the League Cup as we did in 99? I absolutely wouldn’t.

The other factor you forget about the recent past is the comparative success we have had versus Woolwich. I bet we never finished above Woolwich in the league in the 90’s.

I stand to be corrected but I bet our Win % in the last 10 years under ENIC exceeds anything we comparatively achieved in the 90’s under Sugar (League win%, FA Cup win% Europe win%).

In my view ENIC have created an environment where we expect to be successful as we have been competitive against all comers. Prior to them being on board barring a couple of lucky cup runs we simply werent competitive against the best.
I'm not happy about winning 1 carling cup in 21 years of the current ownership.

For a club of our size, our wealth, our history and our fanbase that record absolutely stinks.
Pretty much everyone in football acknowledges that and It's why we're the butt of so many jokes.

If you're happy with it, good for you. But please don't patronize those of us who think we're being taken for mugs and deserve much better.

Are some fans begrudging other fans for supporting the team? Sorry chaps I will be going to every Spurs game I can get to. I even bought a Spurs jacket a few weeks ago. Yes, yes, I must be a Levy cultist.
I don't think anyone is saying that.
Everyone is entitled to act on how they feel and I fully respect your wish to continue to financially support the club and salute your love of Spurs.

This thread, however, is about those of us who find the principle of continuing to contribute financially to owners who openly admitted they're only involved to make money, abhorrent.

Most of us have supported this club for decades. Surely you can respect our opinion too?

Really does depend on what we are able to forgive. The problem at Spurs now is that we have actually forgiven a lot over a long time so that anytime it goes a bit south all the bad things come back to layer current deserved criticism.

And somethings I have personally never been able to forgive. I have been furious about Kane’s disposal because when it’s happened before it ends up with Frazier Campbell. It’s been 13 years since Levy mugged us there but I am still fucking angry over that. Carrick was 15 years ago. Still makes me cross. The Rasiak deal for Jol. Fuck….. the anger gets layered so even a good season is never compensation I feel.

The forced buy back of the shares. The dismissal of Jol. The highest priced tickets in world sport. Levy the highest paid chairman. The 2 year delay on the stadium. The ridiculous cost because nfl. Borrowing money in the clubs name that we, well not me atm, will have to pay back in higher priced tickets and concessions.

Give me a billion pounds and I can build you a new stadium. Levy proves time after time he is inept in almost every facet of chairmanship yet he is lauded as a genius because he saves a million quid on a mid range euro flop.

Time is up now. The only way is through cash. The booing will help but its really only money he understands.

Have decided myself I won’t be investing anymore under ENIC and Levy. I think more and more fans are starting to turn. I wanted to give them this summer to see if they could draft in a manager of quality, but once again we are a shambles. Not good enough.

I'd rather not see Daniel Levy's face again. I'd rather not hear him speak. I'd like other people to make the football decisions.

I'll still travel to games when I can because I support the shirt and the players who wear it. Don't particularly want us to become a club with success built on oil money or Amazon money, I'd just like a consistent sporting vision in the club that I can buy into, whoever provides it.

Should be a bit easier to get tickets for the next final.

Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

In all seriousness, it all seems a bit dramatic to me. Yes the Super League was a bad idea. Yes we all like shiny new players to abuse endlessly once they've made their first mistake. Yes there's loads we wud rather were done differently. But things aren't that bad.

We had a shit season. We've had loads of them! Stop going all Woolwich and Spammers and get behind the team in every way you can.

We actually won more in the nineties than we have in over 2 decades of €NIC.

We also won more in the 80's, 70's, 60's and 50's come to think of it :sonhmm:
I’m scratching my head with this comment. We won the FA Cup in 1990-91 and the League Cup in 1998-99. Those years we finished 10th and 11th in the league respectively.

If in the 2021/22 season we finished 10th and won the FA Cup, would you consider this year to be successful?

I would rather see us be competitive in all forms of the game, not just sneaking the odd cup here and there.

Ps. I’m not just picking a couple of seasons. In the rest of the 90’s our highest league finishing position was 7th and our lowest was 15th. We finished 14th or 15th 3 times. 3 TIMES!!!

Some people’s memory of the 90’s being the pre-ENIC years are dramatically different to mine, clearly

So you would be happy with finishing below Southampton in the league in 11th if we won the League Cup as we did in 99? I absolutely wouldn’t.

The other factor you forget about the recent past is the comparative success we have had versus Woolwich. I bet we never finished above Woolwich in the league in the 90’s.

I stand to be corrected but I bet our Win % in the last 10 years under ENIC exceeds anything we comparatively achieved in the 90’s under Sugar (League win%, FA Cup win% Europe win%).

In my view ENIC have created an environment where we expect to be successful as we have been competitive against all comers. Prior to them being on board barring a couple of lucky cup runs we simply werent competitive against the best.
It was always in ENIC's financial interest to access European revenue. That would have been part of their business strategy.

However, it was never their priority to build a cup winning squad. Falling at the final hurdle is very much linked to a lack of squad depth and overreliance on a few star players.

We have a player in Kane who will be villainised for wanting to leave because he can see what many other spurs fans can see, ENIC aren't here to please fans.

It was always in ENIC's financial interest to access European revenue. That would have been part of their business strategy.

However, it was never their priority to build a cup winning squad. Falling at the final hurdle is very much linked to a lack of squad depth and overreliance on a few star players.

We have a player in Kane who will be villainised for wanting to leave because he can see what many other spurs fans can see, ENIC aren't here to please fans.
I also wonder how the ENIC supporters who refuse to accept they're only involved in football to make money, view the recent attempt to discard 140 years of history and join a European league we would have 0 chance of winning.

Do they think they were motivated by glory? Or Profit?

We are all fully entitled to moan like fuck about the running of our club and I envisise on the OUR bit, it's fucking ours not Levy's, he is just holding the reigns and steering us down shit creek.
That’s what’s got lost. Some see levy & enic as part of the club & part of who they support. We are not enic fc with levy as manager.

I agree with you to an extent on the turnaround after things went wrong with AVB but that is because Levy won the Lottery and appointed Poch. Poch then identified and got rid of the trouble makers. It would have been easier to maintain where we were and put a plan in place involving Poch when finished 2nd but we decided to have one of a number transfer windows where we chased targets of opportunity.

The fact Leicester have a plan is why the overtook us look at Maguire they had a replacement plan in place and used the 80m to rebuild. If we are not careful we will never overtake Leicester again
I think Leicester are the living proof of capitising on a good thing. Win the league, bring in CL money and invest in very well scouted players. Bring in a quality manager, promote the right youth. They have consolidated as by far the best of the regional clubs (i.e. Not the big 6).

I think long term they have probably hit a ceiling, they're simply not a big enough club to compete with the Manchesters and Chelsea long term (notwithstanding a lottery win) . But just imagine if we were managed as well as Leicester.

Back
Top Bottom