Roll Call for Fans Never giving a Penny to ENIC again

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I made the decision early this year that I will actively make sure I do not contribute to Enic again. No sky or bt subscription, no ticket sales no merchandise. Nothing official related to Enic will be purchased and I’ve told friends and family I want no more branded goods from them.

It‘s not going to make an impact on Teflon Dan but it will make me feel cleaner. It also means my children won’t get the match day experience at WHL and if it means they end up supporting Manu or Liverpool when they get older so be it. Obviously they won’t be scum fans.

The amount of money I’ve spent supporting Spurs would probably pay one day of Kanes wages so I get this is a token gesture but tokens do add up.

I will enjoy going to my local non league team for live football and watching Spurs in a pub or on a free dodgy stream.
No this is what we need. The fact is they have got away with it too long. We need to show how unhappy we are.

Really does depend on what we are able to forgive. The problem at Spurs now is that we have actually forgiven a lot over a long time so that anytime it goes a bit south all the bad things come back to layer current deserved criticism.

And somethings I have personally never been able to forgive. I have been furious about Kane’s disposal because when it’s happened before it ends up with Frazier Campbell. It’s been 13 years since Levy mugged us there but I am still fucking angry over that. Carrick was 15 years ago. Still makes me cross. The Rasiak deal for Jol. Fuck….. the anger gets layered so even a good season is never compensation I feel.
BTW as a former Levy supporter over the last number of seasons I have lost my belief in him, im just interested if we tore out of the blocks next season I think any talk of a protest would soon die off.

I don't know, man, I may not be able to resist the 3rd kit this year :kanehand:

Screen_Shot_2021_05_11_at_10.09.26_AM.png
If this is real - someone must go to jail

Just got confirmation from the club that myself and son have cancelled season tickets. 300loyalty points down the drain.

mixed feelings but a few straws this summer broke

2 seats now available in the south stand section 324

you certainly won’t be the only one mate. Must of been hard but well done to you. I just wish the rest of the season ticket holders followed your lead and we started the season with 5k in the stadium. I honestly couldn’t give a toss about Spurs right now under this regime. I am that far attached and disillusioned with the direction the club is heading, I would get some sort of satisfaction seeing a mass fall out of season ticker holders cancelling. I personally won’t be spending a single penny until these bastards either fuck off, or show me they give a fuck about on field matters, instead of worrying about the next lady gaga concert. This manager fiasco has pretty much cemented my feelings, what a shambles.

you certainly won’t be the only one mate. Must of been hard but well done to you. I just wish the rest of the season ticket holders followed your lead and we started the season with 5k in the stadium. I honestly couldn’t give a toss about Spurs right now under this regime. I am that far attached and disillusioned with the direction the club is heading, I would get some sort of satisfaction seeing a mass fall out of season ticker holders cancelling. I personally won’t be spending a single penny until these bastards either fuck off, or show me they give a fuck about on field matters, instead of worrying about the next lady gaga concert. This manager fiasco has pretty much cemented my feelings, what a shambles.
I feel nowt but sadness in my heart for the fact I feel like I don't give a shit about my club since birth. So so sad

I’m scratching my head with this comment. We won the FA Cup in 1990-91 and the League Cup in 1998-99. Those years we finished 10th and 11th in the league respectively.

If in the 2021/22 season we finished 10th and won the FA Cup, would you consider this year to be successful?

I would rather see us be competitive in all forms of the game, not just sneaking the odd cup here and there.

Ps. I’m not just picking a couple of seasons. In the rest of the 90’s our highest league finishing position was 7th and our lowest was 15th. We finished 14th or 15th 3 times. 3 TIMES!!!

Some people’s memory of the 90’s being the pre-ENIC years are dramatically different to mine, clearly
yeah cause we will be remembered for finishing 4th as the nearly men

Why are you scratching your head, Ulrika? You just confirmed exactly what I posted.

Would you like to also further prove my point by listing what we won in the 80's, 70's, 60's and 50's ?

The game is about glory, love. Not just league position and profit
So you would be happy with finishing below Southampton in the league in 11th if we won the League Cup as we did in 99? I absolutely wouldn’t.

The other factor you forget about the recent past is the comparative success we have had versus Woolwich. I bet we never finished above Woolwich in the league in the 90’s.

I stand to be corrected but I bet our Win % in the last 10 years under ENIC exceeds anything we comparatively achieved in the 90’s under Sugar (League win%, FA Cup win% Europe win%).

In my view ENIC have created an environment where we expect to be successful as we have been competitive against all comers. Prior to them being on board barring a couple of lucky cup runs we simply werent competitive against the best.

I'd take another 60 years of trying to do things the right way rather than sell our soul to the highest bidder - but maybe that's just me.
How does the under cover attempt to leave English football and join the European money league correlate with your idea of selling our soul and doing things the right way?

That's not quite true.

You have people saying that they still don't support Nuno even though he's our manager, and you certainly have people who want us to lose games simply because Levy is in charge.
People on here have said they don't support the manager of our football team - are you serious? Why would Spurs supporters not want to do that?

2 games in and two wins, the hardest home game and one of the hardest away, using all of last seasons "failures, rejects, wankers and championship standard hackers"

I'm impressed so far, but like Spaniel am happy to wait 'til xmas/ny is over to see where we're going with him.

Why would this Enic hatred manifest itself in rejecting our new manager?

Some strange folk post on here....

I'd say the biggest abuser of our club is Daniel Levy.

He tried to destroy the clubs heritage and history for the sake of profit with his attempted move to the European Mon€y league......... all attempted behind the back of of our supporters. .

I would say any remaining fan of Daniel Levy has lost the right to label ENIC critics as club abusers after that shameful episide

Fuck off mate.
No offence like
No offence taken.

It's a subject that a lot of people rightly have strong feelings about. I've got no issues with people feeling differently, but that's just my opinion on the matter.

I don't feel anywhere near as good about supporting Spurs now as I did 2-5 years ago, and I'm probably spending less time reading about Spurs, listening to Spurs podcasts, and generally thinking about Spurs now than I have in a long time. My enthusiasm is really low right now because of the way things are, but to outright boycott is something I personally feel is too strong, especially when you look at the shit most football fans have to deal with.

We've had moments like this before, when things went sour under AVB, we ended up with Sherwood, and it was impossible to imagine how things would turn around. The fact that things improved vastly from there gives me the hope, no matter how naively, that Levy can pull it out the bag again. Obviously he fucked up with bringing Mourinho in, but it absolutely makes sense that he saw things were so bad he had to do something and saw this huge superstar was available and was interested. While stupid, it's not hard to see how he was blinded by that opportunity being too good to pass up. The club was making a lot of progress before that, so no reason why that can't be the case again.

Back
Top Bottom