Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Winks is never going to leave. He is going to be passing sideways and backwards until he is 35 and they will still be saying he is a big part of England’s youth setup. He will then manage us and get us down to League 1 and then take over for Levy. We’re stuck with him forever.

Winks is never going to leave. He is going to be passing sideways and backwards until he is 35 and they will still be saying he is a big part of England’s youth setup. He will then manage us and get us down to League 1 and then take over for Levy. We’re stuck with him forever.
The Mark Nobel of Tottenham Hotspur. Look what happened as soon as Nobel lost his guaranteed start.

Mason has stepped up to manage a group of depressed millionaire soft boys. And he hasn't completely fucked it. Objectively, is there a manager who would have done better with this group, the same context, and those handful of games?!

Football is not rocket science, fuck it's not high school science. Spend the money on a good side and win games. Add in a bit of common sense organisation and man management, boom: there's yer top manager.
So fuck it, let's back Mason with a two season deal, secure Bale for another year, sell Kane for 150m, and let Ryan spend it.

Discuss...

Mason has stepped up to manage a group of depressed millionaire soft boys. And he hasn't completely fucked it. Objectively, is there a manager who would have done better with this group, the same context, and those handful of games?!

Yes I think there is every reason to think that another manager would have done better than the shit we saw last week against Villa.

Mason is out of his depth, it was nice to go out on a win but let’s not act like he’s been a big success. We need a real manager for next season.

Imagine being the kind of fan that can't even get behind a Tottenham guy like Ryan Mason. Disgraceful.
Our fans need to consider their group attitude problems in contributing to the demise of Poch, the failure in of Mourinho, and the current dismissal of Mason as a serious manager

LOL

Mason as a serious manager???

It is not fans that dismiss Mason as a serious manager it is his complete lack of experience and the terrible decisions he made as manager. He is not considered as a serious manager because he isn't close to being one. Maybe in 5-10 years but certainly not now.

LOL

Mason as a serious manager???

It is not fans that dismiss Mason as a serious manager it is his complete lack of experience and the terrible decisions he made as manager. He is not considered as a serious manager because he isn't close to being one. Maybe in 5-10 years but certainly not now.
You're a disgrace. No wonder the players would prefer not to face or applaud the fans.

Mason has made some baffling selections but 4 league wins out of 6 isn't bad. He needs to go elsewhere for a bit where he doesn't know any of the players, maybe an assistant at a lower league club? The big mistake was not sacking Mourinho in late January and appointing a proper caretaker manager. I honestly think we'd have top 4, even with all our faults.

Football is not rocket science, fuck it's not high school science. Spend the money on a good side and win games. Add in a bit of common sense organisation and man management, boom: there's yer top manager.
So fuck it, let's back Mason with a two season deal, secure Bale for another year, sell Kane for 150m, and let Ryan spend it.

Discuss...
No Mason isn't our man going forward but he's done a very good job.

He's a total and utter novice! He's barely coached at the academy level.
He's inherited a cluster fuck following the Dinosaur
The most unfit football team in the league (The dino did NO fitness training. It took OGS 2 seasons to get his players fit after the dino!!). I can't stress this enough, people screaming at Mason for not picking Ndombele (I was hoping to see him) whilst playing Winks when he (just like all the other players) hasn't been doing any fitness work (a player not with a great record of fitness and conditioning anyway!!) is just fucking unfair.
He did reverse how we played from a boring, passive, low-block side to a team that whilst still not looking great, one that all bar a couple of games outshot their oppo and looked to press the oppo.
Today was the first time all season that we have beaten a side placed higher than 10th at the point of playing them.
He's reintegrated some of the players that were outcast.

We finished 5pts off top 4!!! I guarantee you we would have finished in the top 4 had Mason managed this season instead of the passive, ant-football, low block cunt. We dropped 22pts this season when we sat back on a lead, that's how I know this!

Above all his press conferences have been excellent. He's been in control, cool, calm and unfazed. He's navigated all the Kane shit brilliantly, same too with questions about his future and all the shit with ESL.

This experience will have given him all the confidence in the Wolrd, I have some big concerns on what is going on at Hotspur Way, we've lost a lot of people, many very highly rated in the game, the one position I have no doubts over now is Mason.

It's way, way, way too early for him to be considered our Manager.

I don’t understand wanting Mason to stay on. Being a former player is not a reason to be our manager. Poch played for PSG, Jol played for West Brom, Redknapp played for West Ham and Seattle Sounders but it didn’t stop them from being good managers for us. It was good to see Mason leave on a win and it was nice to get rid of Jose but some of his team selections were baffling. He is too late to make changes to the game (Villa game especially), he has no experience. Maybe he becomes a good manager in the future but Spurs is not the club for him to learn on the job. Arteta and Ole get mocked constantly yet some want Mason to take charge for a serious rebuild?

Back
Top Bottom